Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conder declines to debate.
Darrell Conder Wrote:Hello Paul. I have always insisted that I be allowed to make comments or ask questions in any debate in which I was a participant. Because you insist that this not be allowed, and that I may only ask questions which you deem appropriate, then there can be nothing for us to debate.
+Shamasha Paul bar-Shimun de'Beth-Younan
[Image: sig.jpg]
Dear Darrell,

I do respect your wishes, but I am of course disappointed.

Not so much so with your lack of interest in debate Aramaic primacy of the NT, but with your mischaracterization of what my intent is in limiting the scope of the debate. The scope was limited to certain comments you make about Aramaic primacy in general, and the Peshitta in particular, for very good reasons. I believe that once you made these statements publicly, then you should be able to defend them without resorting to any other topic.

That's the bottom line as I see it. Of couse I respect your wishes not to debate, as this may not be your cup of tea. Please realize that Christian Apologetics is not mine.

You made certain statements which you should defend when confronted with conflicting evidence, or challenged to a debate. I did not challenge you to debate the Old Testament, or anything else. I challenged you to a very specific debate about your own claims regarding the Peshitta. And that's fair game in any sincere person's mind.

I'm sorry you feel this way. I will notify the forum participants that the debate will not be taking place per your refusal of the conditions, and that I will instead refute the comments you made in your book, one by one, on my forum.

Regards,
Paul Younan
+Shamasha Paul bar-Shimun de'Beth-Younan
[Image: sig.jpg]