Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Initial Email
Dear Mr. Conder,

My name is Paul Younan. Christopher Lancaster asked me to email you privately per your request.

I would like to extend you a cordial invite to my website's forum, <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.peshitta.org">http://www.peshitta.org</a><!-- w --> A little background information about me:

I am an Assyrian, a Christian from the Church of the East - a community which established itself independently in the Parthian and Sassanid Persian empires, before the Islamic invasion of Iraq and the Mongol-Turkic conquests devastated the community and reduced us to only a few hundred thousand people by the turn of the 20th century. During its height in the 12th century, the Church of the East was the single largest "denomination" of Christianity on the face of the planet, outnumbering both the Greek and Latin churches combined. Today, the Church has been reduced to a mere shadow of its former glory.

In a nutshell, the adherents of the Church have traditionally upheld and used an Aramaic New Testament called the Peshitta, which they (including myself) contend is the original New Testament, penned in the language of Jesus and his disciples....Aramaic.

Being a native speaker of a dialect of Assyrian neo-Aramaic from my youth, the purpose of my hobby, if you will, has been to create an Aramaic/English interlinear version of this New Testament, as well as to demonstrate how the various textual families of the Greek tradition are merely translations, in many cases poor translations, of the original Aramaic New Testament as preserved today in the Peshitta.

Obviously, our hypothesis is not shared by academia, but we have collectively found dozens of examples in several different categories which we believe demonstrates our position. I think you might be interested in many of them.

I have heard of your past involvement in the Christian fold and your subsequent departure from the faith, partly I presume because of inconsistencies and contradictions you found the Greek NT to contain. In this point, I find common ground with you.

If you would like to debate the merit of the Aramaic New Testament, and how it may or may not clear up some or all of the objections you have formulated based on your experience with the various Greek translations, I would love to have you participate in a discussion about it on my forum. I have created a sub-category where only yourself and I may participate, so it will be civil and manageable.

Thank you for your attention,
Paul Younan
+Shamasha Paul bar-Shimun de'Beth-Younan
[Image: sig.jpg]