Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information about Crawford MS
I am making this Thread as a place to collect information on Crawford MS / Crawford Codex, which is hard to find, but has received some attention in this group.

The Codex is a Peshitta text from the 12th century, which has all 27 writings of the New Testament, but to my knowledge is more in agreement with the eastern Peshitta than any other complete Peshitta text. I am personally very interested in the Manuscript and am asking anyone to report what they know about it.

Specific questions I have:
Can you confirm or deny that Crawford MS agrees with the eastern text in the known locations (e.g. in Acts 20:28, Hebrews 2:9, 2:16, the Pericope Adulterae (John 7:53-8:11), Luke 22:17-18, Acts 8:37, 15:34, 28:29)? I am sure the PA is missing, as this is widely acknowledged, but have heard different things about the rest.
Does it also have "Barshuma" in Acts 13:8?
Is there any significant discernible reading that is not found in any eastern or western text? 

In the past I have heard some believe the text is not that great after all, having many errors of ortography, and is textually not clearly eastern either. If anyone can provide more details on this I would greatly appreciate it. Like, what specific errors or weaknesses can you name? Any information on the text would be appreciated.

Here goes my collection of information:

The western five texts ([b]2 Peter, 2 & 3 John, Jude, Revelation) as found in Crawford are available here: [/b]
http://www.dukhrana.com/crawford/
Jesus is the one true God of the Bible.