Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
_The Peshitta Holy Bible_ translated by David Bauscher
When Rev 19:1 was originally written, do you think it had:
"'like a loud voice"?
"a loud voice"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"a great multitude"?
"many multitudes"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"salvation, glory, honor and power"?
"salvation, power and honor"?
"salvation, honor and strength"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"to the Lord our God"?
"to our God"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 19:1
Berean Literal Bible
After these things I heard something like a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, crying out: "Hallelujah! The salvation and the glory and the power to our God!
King James Bible
And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And after these things, I heard a great sound of many multitudes in Heaven saying, "Hallelujah! Redemption, glory and power to our God!
World English Bible
After these things I heard something like a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, saying, "Hallelujah! Salvation, power, and glory belong to our God:

Revelation 19:1 - After this I heard a great sound from many multitudes in heaven. They said, "Hallelu-Jah, propitiation, honor and strength be to our GOD.
a loud voice - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and of the Greek TR. The reading of the Greek NA28 and MHT reads: 'like a loud voice'.
reconciliation, honor and strength - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28 reads: 'the salvation, the power and the honour', while the reading of the Greek TR is: 'the salvation, the glory, the honor and the power'.
to our GOD - or: 'from our GOD'. This is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and of the Greek NA28 and MHT. Only from the Greek TR is the reading: 'to the Lord our GOD'.

============================== =====
semiticism: 'require X's blood from Y's hand' = 'execute Y for X's death'

Revelation 19:2 - For his judgments are true and righteous, because he judged the great harlot, who devastated the earth with her fornication, and took the blood of his servants out of her hand."
claimed from her hand - these words testify to a Semitic idiom rather than a Greek idiom (see 2 Sm. 4:11).

Revelation 19:2
Berean Literal Bible
For His judgments are true and righteous, because He has judged the great prostitute, who had corrupted the earth with her sexual immorality, and He has avenged the blood of His servants, out of her hand."
For his judgments are true and just, because he has judged The Great Whore, who corrupted The Earth with her whoredom and he has required the blood of his Servants from her hand.

Rev 19:2 (APNT)
https://aramaicdb.lightofword.org/en/new...ons-search
because true and upright [are] his judgments, because he has judged the great harlot who has corrupted the earth with her fornication and has avenged the blood of his servants from her hands."

Genesis 9 (King James)
4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.
5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require;
at the hand of every beast will I require it,
and at the hand of man;
at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.
6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood,
by man shall his blood be shed:
for in the image of God made he man.

Genesis 9:5 (Young's Literal)
'And only your blood for your lives do I require; from the hand of every living thing I require it, and from the hand of man, from the hand of every man's brother I require the life of man;

2 Samuel 4:11 (Literal Standard)
Also-- when wicked men have slain the righteous man in his own house, on his bed; and now, do I not require his blood from your hand, and have taken you away from the earth?"

Ezekiel 3:18 (Literal Standard)
In My saying to the wicked: You surely die; and you have not warned him, nor have spoken to warn the wicked from his wicked way, so that he lives; he-the wicked-dies in his iniquity, and I require his blood from your hand.

Ezekiel 3:20 (Literal Standard)
And in the turning back of the righteous from his righteousness, and he has done perversity, and I have put a stumbling-block before him, he dies; because you have not warned him, he dies in his sin, and his righteousness that he has done is not remembered, and I require his blood from your hand.

Ezekiel 33:6 (Literal Standard)
And the watchman, when he sees the sword coming in, And he has not blown with a horn, And the people have not been warned, And a sword comes in, And takes away a soul from them, He is taken away in his iniquity, And I require his blood from the hand of the watchman.

Ezekiel 33:8 (Literal Standard)
In My saying to the wicked, O wicked one-- you surely die, And you have not spoken to warn the wicked from his way, He-- the wicked-- dies in his iniquity, And I require his blood from your hand.

Rev 19:2 (based on Glaser)
http://dukhrana.com/crawford/
https://www.amazon.com/Crawford-Codex-Re...365323293/
https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/greg-gla...6dv7w.html
because of his truthful and upright judgments, because he judged the great whore/fornicator that/hand of/that destroyed/corrupted the earth in her fornicating/whoring, and required blood/likeness of his servants/works from her hands.

When Rev 19:3 was originally written, do you think it had:
"he said"?
"they said"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 19:3
Berean Literal Bible
And a second time they said: "Hallelujah! And her smoke goes up to the ages of the ages."
King James Bible
And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
Again, they said, "Hallelujah!" And her smoke ascends to the eternity of eternities.
Literal Standard Version
and a second time they said, "Hallelujah"; and her smoke comes up through the ages of the ages!
World English Bible
A second said, "Hallelujah! Her smoke goes up forever and ever."

Revelation 19:3 - They said again, "Hallelu-Jah!" And her smoke ascends forever and ever."
They said - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and of the Greek NA28 and TR. Only from the Greek MHT the reading is: "He said."
again - or: 'for the second time'.

When Rev 19:4 was originally written, do you think it had:
"God"?
"our God"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 19:4
Berean Literal Bible
And the twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God, the One sitting on the throne, saying: "Amen, Hallelujah!"
And the 24 Elders and The Four Beasts fell down and worshiped our God who sits on the throne, and they were saying, "Amen! Hallelujah!"
Literal Standard Version
And the twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and they worshiped God who is sitting on the throne, saying, "Amen! Hallelujah!"
World English Bible
The twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God who sits on the throne, saying, "Amen! Hallelujah!"

Revelation 19:4 - The twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped our GOD, who sat on the throne, saying, "Amen, Hallelu-Jah!"
our GOD - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta reading, also in Op. 19:1, 5. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT, and TR is simply, "GOD."

When Rev 19:6 was originally written, do you think it had:
"great multitude"?
"many multitudes"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"the Lord God our Almighty"?
"our Lord, the God, the Almighty"?
"the Lord our God, the Almighty"?
"the MrYa God the Almighty" i.e. 'the Master YHWH God the Almighty'? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 19:6
Berean Literal Bible
And I heard something like the voice of a great multitude, and like the sound of many waters, and like a sound of mighty thunders, saying: "Hallelujah! For the Lord God our Almighty has reigned.
King James Bible
And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
And I heard a sound like that of many multitudes, and like the sound of many waters and like the sound of mighty thunders saying, "Hallelujah! For THE LORD JEHOVAH God Almighty reigns!
Literal Standard Version
and I heard as the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, "Hallelujah! Because our Lord, the God, the Almighty, has reigned!
World English Bible
I heard something like the voice of a great multitude, and like the voice of many waters, and like the voice of mighty thunders, saying, "Hallelujah! For the Lord our God, the Almighty, reigns!

Revelation 19:6 - And I heard a sound like that of many multitudes and like the roaring of many waters and like the mighty roar of thunder: "Hallelu-Jah, for the LORD GOD Almighty reigns (as King).
sound ... roar ... thump - in Greek and Aramaic this is three times the same word that can mean 'voice' or: 'sound'.
like the mighty roar of thunder - or: 'like the sound of heavy thunder(blows)'.
many multitudes - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'of a great multitude'
GOD - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and of the Greek NA28, although the Aramaic Peshitta is the only one to immediately precede 'the LORD'. The reading of the Greek NA28 reads: 'our GOD'.

When Rev 19:7 was originally written, do you think it had:
"let us rejoice"?
"we rejoice"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"his bride"?
"his wife"? (both the Greek and Aramaic contain that)

Revelation 19:7
King James Bible
Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
Literal Standard Version
May we rejoice and exult, and give the glory to Him, because the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready;
World English Bible
Let us rejoice and be exceedingly glad, and let us give the glory to him. For the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his wife has made herself ready."

Rev 19:7 (APNT)
https://aramaicdb.lightofword. org/en/new-parallel-versions- search
We are glad and rejoice. We will give him praise, because the marriage feast of the Lamb has come and his wife has made herself ready."

Revelation 19:7 - We rejoice and feast, and we glorify Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his wife has prepared herself,
we rejoice and celebrate - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: "Let us rejoice and rejoice."
his wife - in some translations (from Greek and from Aramaic) it says 'his bride', but that is not the correct translation, neither from Aramaic nor from Greek.

When Rev 19:9 was originally written, do you think it opened with:
"And he said to me"?
"And they said to me"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 19:9
Berean Literal Bible
And he says to me, "Write, 'Blessed are those having been invited to the supper of the marriage of the Lamb.'" And he says to me, "These are the true words of God."
King James Bible
And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
And they said to me, "Write, 'Blessed are they who are called to the wedding supper of the Lamb!'" And one said to me, "These are the true words of God."
Literal Standard Version
And he says to me, "Write: Blessed [are] they who have been called to the banquet of the marriage of the Lamb"; and he says to me, "These [are] the true words of God";
World English Bible
He said to me, "Write, 'Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.'" He said to me, "These are true words of God."

Rev 19:9 (APNT)
And they said to me, "Write. Blessed [are] those who are invited [ones] to the supper of the marriage feast of the Lamb." And he said to me, "These are the true words of God."

Revelation 19:9 - They said to me, "Write: Blessed are they that are called to the Marriage Supper of the Lamb!" (Then) someone said to me: "These are the true words of GOD."
They said to me - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR is: 'And he said to me'.

When Rev 19:10 was originally written, do you think it had:
"Behold-- no"?
"No"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 19:10
And I fell before his feet and worshiped him, and he said to me, "No! I am your fellow Servant and of your brothers who have the testimony of Yeshua. Worship God, rather, for the testimony of Yeshua is the spirit of prophecy."
Literal Standard Version
and I fell before his feet to worship him, and he says to me, "Behold-No! I am your fellow servant, and of your brothers, those having the testimony of Jesus; worship God, for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of the prophecy."

Rev 19:10 (APNT)
And I fell at his feet and worshipped him. And he said to me, "No. I am your fellow-servant and one of your brothers, those who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God abundantly, for the testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of prophecy."

Revelation 19:10 - I fell at his feet to worship him, (but) he said to me: "No, (don't do that)! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship GOD, for the testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of prophecy."
No - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR is: "Look, not!".

When Rev 19:12 was originally written, do you think it had:
"names written, and a name written"?
"a name written"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 19:12
Berean Literal Bible
Now His eyes are like a flame of fire, and upon His head many diadems, having a name having been written, which no one except He Himself knows,
King James Bible
His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
And his eyes were like flames of fire, and many diadems were upon his head and he had The Name written, which no one knew but he alone.
Literal Standard Version
and His eyes [are] as a flame of fire, and on His head [are] many crowns-having a Name written that no one has known, except Himself,
World English Bible
His eyes are a flame of fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has names written and a name written which no one knows but he himself.

Rev 19:12 (APNT)
And his eyes [were] like a flame of fire and on his head [were] many crown headbands. And he had a name written [on him] that no [one] knew, except he.

Revelation 19:12 - His eyes were like flames of fire, and on his head were many crowns, and upon him was written the name, which no one knew but he alone.
.... The reading of the Greek MHT reads: "names written, and a name was written..."

When Rev 19:14 was originally written, do you think it had:
"The armies that are in heaven"?
"The armies of heaven"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 19:14
Berean Literal Bible
And the armies who were in heaven, having been clothed in pure, white, fine linen were following Him upon white horses.
King James Bible
And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
And the army of Heaven were joined to him on white horses and were wearing linen white and pure.
Literal Standard Version
And the armies in Heaven were following Him on white horses, clothed in fine linen-white and pure;
World English Bible
The armies which are in heaven followed him on white horses, clothed in white, pure, fine linen.

Revelation 19:14 - The hosts of heaven followed Him on white horses, clothed in pure white linen
The heavenly armies - literally: 'The armies of heaven'. This is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: "The armies that are in heaven."

When Rev 19:15 was originally written, do you think it had:
"out of his mouth came a sharp sword"?
"out of his mouth came a sharp two-edged sword"?
"from their mouths came sharp swords"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"that with it he should smite the nations"?
"with which they will kill the nations"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"fierceness of the wrath of Almighty God"/ "fury of the wrath of Almighty God"?
"fierceness and wrath of Almighty God"/ "wrath and the anger of Almighty God"?
"wrath of Almighty God"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 19:15
Berean Literal Bible
And out of His mouth goes forth a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations; and He will shepherd them with a rod of iron. And He treads the press of the wine
of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty.
King James Bible
And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress
of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
And sharp swords came out of their mouths by which they will kill the nations, and he will shepherd them with a rod of iron and he treads the winepress
of the wrath of Almighty God.
Literal Standard Version
and out of His mouth proceeds a sharp sword, that with it He may strike the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron, and He treads the press of the wine
of the wrath and the anger of God the Almighty,
World English Bible
Out of his mouth proceeds a sharp, double-edged sword, that with it he should strike the nations. He will rule them with an iron rod. He treads the winepress
of the fierceness of the wrath of God, the Almighty.

Revelation 19:15 - Out of their mouths came sharp swords with which they will slay the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron, and He(himself) will tread the winepress
of the wrath of GOD Almighty.
From their mouths came sharp swords - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28 reads: "Out of his mouth came a sharp sword." ....the reading of the Greek MHT is: "Out of his mouth came a sharp two-edged sword." In Aramaic, the words "sharp" and "double" are very similar. It is therefore rather conceivable that the various Greek versions of this verse derive from the Aramaic version rather than the other way around.
with which they will kill the nations - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'to smite the nations with it'.
of the wrath of GOD ... - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. The reading of ... reads: '... of the wrath of the wrath of GOD'.

To reiterate comments re: the misrendering at Greek Revelation 1:16:
It's a semiticism to view swords as having mouths that drink blood. A 'two-mouthed' sword is a double-edged sword. The original Aramaic of Rev 1:16 has a word that can mean "his mouth," "his voice," or "his edge"-- as in, his sword. The original Aramaic has a word that, if the letter "m" is added to it, becomes spear/lance.
When Rev 1:16 got translated into Greek, the Aramaic got mis-rendered as "out of his mouth a sharp two-edged sword is proceeding."

Revelation 1:16, based on Greg Glaser's interlinear of Crawford, dukhrana.com
and having to him in his hand of right seven stars/planets, and from
p-u-m-h [his-mouth/ his-voice/ his-command/ his-entrance/ his-edge]
proceeds
r-u-kh-a [spirit(s)/ breath/ wind/ space] [Crawford has 0xwr ("spirit(s)"), whereas SP has 0xmwr {r-u-m-ch-a} ("spear"). Crawford better harmonizes with Revelation 2:12 and 19:15 - GG. The UBS on dukhrana has an error.]
energetic/ sharp/ quick/ acute/ velocity,
and his appearance like the sun was showing/revealing/striking in his power.

When Rev 19:17 was originally written, do you think it had:
"saw one angel"?
"saw another angel"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"all birds"?
"the birds"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"the supper of the great God"?
"the great supper of God"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 19:17
Berean Literal Bible
And I saw one angel standing in the sun, and he cried out in loud a voice, saying to all the birds flying in mid-heaven, "Come, gather yourselves unto the great supper of God,
King James Bible
And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
And I saw another Angel standing in the sun and crying with a loud voice, and he said to the birds flying in the midst of the sky, "Come, gather to the great supper of God",
World English Bible
I saw an angel standing in the sun. He cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the sky, "Come! Be gathered together to the great supper of God,

Revelation 19:17 - And I saw another angel standing in the sun. He cried out with a loud voice, and said to the birds that flew in mid-heaven, "Come, gather yourselves for the great supper of GOD,
other - we find this word only in the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and not in the reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR.
the birds - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR is: 'all birds'.
the great meal of GOD - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and of the Greek NA28. The reading of the reading of the Greek MHT and TR reads: 'the supper of (the) great GOD'.

When Rev 19:18 was originally written, do you think it had:
"the flesh of all, both free and slaves"?
"the flesh of the free and of slaves"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 19:18
Berean Literal Bible
so that you may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of commanders, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of horses and of those sitting on them, and the flesh of all, both free and slaves, and small and great."
King James Bible
That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
"To eat the flesh of Kings and the flesh of Captains of thousands and the flesh of Warriors and the flesh of horses and of those sitting upon them, and the flesh of Freemen and of Servants, and of small and of great."
Literal Standard Version
that you may eat flesh of kings, and flesh of chiefs of thousands, and flesh of strong men, and flesh of horses, and of those sitting on them, and the flesh of all-freemen and servants-both small and great."
World English Bible
that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and slave, and small and great."

Revelation 19:18 - to eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains over thousands, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of them that sit upon them, the flesh of free and of bondmen, of small and of great. "
the flesh of the free and of slaves ... - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'the flesh of all, of the free and of slaves...'

When Rev 19:19 was originally written, do you think it had:
"the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies"?
"the beast and its armies and the kings of the earth and their soldiers"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 19:19
Berean Literal Bible
And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, having been gathered together to make war with the One sitting on the horse and with His army.
King James Bible
And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
And I saw The Beast and its armies and the Kings of The Earth and their Soldiers who gathered to make war with him who sat upon the horse, and with his Soldiers.
Literal Standard Version
And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, having been gathered together to make war with Him who is sitting on the horse, and with His army;

Revelation 19:19 - And I saw the beast and his armies and the kings of the earth and their soldiers who were gathered together to make war against him who sat on the horse and against his soldiers.
their soldiers ... are soldiers - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'their armies ... his army'.

When Rev 19:20 was originally written, do you think it had:
"the two were cast living into the lake of the fire"?
"the two went down and were cast into the lake of fire"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 19:20
Berean Literal Bible
And the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet, the one having done the signs before him, by which he deceived those having received the mark of the beast and those worshiping its image. The two were cast living into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.
King James Bible
And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
And The Beast was captured and The False Prophet with it, who did signs before it by which he seduced those who received the mark of The Beast, and those who worshiped its image; and both went down and were cast into The Lake of Fire that burns also with brimstone.
Literal Standard Version
and the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet who did the signs before him, in which he led astray those who received the mark of the beast, and those who worshiped his image; the two were cast living into the lake of the fire that is burning with brimstone;
World English Bible
The beast was taken, and with him the false prophet who worked the signs in his sight, with which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.

Rev 19:20 (APNT)
And the creature was captured and the false prophet with him, who performed signs before him by which he seduced those who received the mark of the creature and those who worshipped his image. And both of them went down and they were thrown into the lake of burning fire and of sulfur.

Revelation 19:20 - The beast was taken, and with him the false prophet, who wrought signs before his eyes, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and who worshiped his image. These two went down and were cast into the lake of fire, which also burns with brimstone.
The two descended and were ... thrown, which also burns with sulfur - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: "These two were cast alive into the lake of fire, which burns with sulfur."

Messages In This Thread
RE: _The Peshitta Holy Bible_ translated by David Bauscher - by DavidFord - 07-03-2021, 08:39 PM