Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
_The Peshitta Holy Bible_ translated by David Bauscher
Do you think Revelation 14:1 originally had:
"with him a number, one hundred forty-four thousand"?
"with him one hundred forty-four thousand"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"having his Father's name written in their foreheads"?
"having his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 14:1
Berean Literal Bible
And I looked, and behold, the Lamb was standing upon Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred forty-four thousand having His name and the name of His Father having been written on their foreheads.
King James Bible
And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And I saw and behold, The Lamb standing on the Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who have his name upon them and the name of his Father written on their foreheads.
Literal Standard Version
And I saw, and behold, a Lamb was standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred forty-four thousand, having the Name of His Father written on their foreheads;
World English Bible
I saw, and behold, the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with him a number, one hundred forty-four thousand, having his name, and the name of his Father, written on their foreheads.

Revelation 14:1 - I looked, and behold, the Lamb stood upon mount Zion, and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand, (in whom) his name and the name of his Father were written on their foreheads.
one hundred and forty thousand - only in the reading of the Greek MHT there is the Greek word ||αριθμος|| (= 'a number' or: 'a number') preceding: 'one hundred and forty-four thousand'. This word 'number' is missing in the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and of the Greek NA28 and TR.
his Name and the Name - although there are two names here (by the way, the words 'his Name and' are missing in the reading of the Greek TR, but not in all other textual sources), at the end of the verse the grammatical form of the participle 'written' to be a singular verb form (both in Greek and Aramaic), from which we may conclude that both Names are essentially one Name.

===============================================.
Do you think Revelation 14:2 originally had:
"harpists playing on their harps"?
"harpist playing on his harp"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 14:2
Berean Literal Bible
And I heard a voice out of heaven like the sound of many waters, and like the sound of loud thunder. And the voice that I heard was like that of harpists harping with their harps.
King James Bible
And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
And I heard a sound from Heaven as the sound of many waters and as the sound of a great thunder; the sound which I heard was like a harpist playing on his harp.
World English Bible
I heard a sound from heaven, like the sound of many waters, and like the sound of a great thunder. The sound which I heard was like that of harpists playing on their harps.

Revelation 14:2 - I heard a voice from heaven, like the sound of many waters and like the sound of great thunder, and (the) sound (that) I heard was like a harper playing his harp.
harp player ... harp - or: 'harp players ... harp', in any case a melodious stringed instrument, after the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. It could be 'harp players' or 'a harp player', but because the verb 'to play' is in the Peshitta singular and because at the end of the verse we have the word 'to be' in 'his harp' in the singular, is the correct choice of translation: 'a harp player'. From the Greek NA28, MHT and TR the reading is: 'as of the harpers playing the harp'.

Do you think Revelation 14:4 originally had:
"redeemed by Jesus from men"?
"redeemed from men"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 14:4
Berean Literal Bible
These are they who have not been defiled with women; for they are pure, these following the Lamb wherever He shall go. These have been redeemed out from men as firstfruits to God and to the Lamb.
King James Bible
These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
These are those who have not been defiled with women, for they are virgins who cleave to the Lamb wherever he goes. These were redeemed from men, the firstfruits to God and to the Lamb.
World English Bible
These are those who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are those who follow the Lamb wherever he goes. These were redeemed by Jesus from among men, the first fruits to God and to the Lamb.

Revelation 14:4 - These are they who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are virgins who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These have been redeemed from men as firstfruits for GOD and for the Lamb.
are [(free)]bought - the reading of the Greek MHT reads: 'bought by Jesus (free)], which is without doubt the purport of this text, but it is not certain whether that is also expressed in full in the original manuscripts. Also in the Aramean Peshitta and in the Greek NA28 and TR the name 'Jesus' is missing.

Do you think Revelation 14:5 originally had:
"they are without fault before the throne of God"?
"they are without fault"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 14:5
Berean Literal Bible
And in their mouth no lie was not found; they are blameless.
King James Bible
And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
And there is no falsehood found in their mouths as they are without fault.
World English Bible
In their mouth was found no lie, for they are blameless.
Young's Literal Translation
and in their mouth there was not found guile, for unblemished are they before the throne of God.

Revelation 14:5 - No lie is found in their mouth, for they are blameless.
impeccable - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and of the Greek NA28 and MHT. Only in the reading of the Greek TR is written after 'impeccable': 'before the throne of God'.

Do you think Revelation 14:6 originally had:
"I saw a messenger flying"?
"I saw another messenger flying"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"having age-during news"? [the Greek lacks "the" - https://biblehub.com/text/revelation/14-6.htm]
"and he had with him a/the age-during news"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

In looking at Rev 14:6-7, do you think the news/ message/ announcement is best understood as:
'good' news? 'bad' news? who knows-- it's best to simply call it "news"?

Revelation 14:6
Berean Literal Bible
And I saw another angel flying in mid-heaven, having the everlasting glad tidings to preach upon those dwelling on the earth, and upon every nation and tribe and tongue and people,
King James Bible
And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
And I saw another Angel flying in the midst of Heaven and he had with him The Eternal Good News to preach unto the dwellers of Earth and unto all people, nations, generations and languages,
Literal Standard Version
And I saw another messenger flying in midair, having continuous good news to proclaim to those dwelling on the earth, and to every nation, and tribe, and tongue, and people,
World English Bible
I saw an angel flying in mid heaven, having an eternal Good News to proclaim to those who dwell on the earth, and to every nation, tribe, language, and people.
Young's Literal Translation
And I saw another messenger flying in mid-heaven, having good news age-during to proclaim to those dwelling upon the earth, and to every nation, and tribe, and tongue, and people,

http://dukhrana.com/lexicon/word.php?adr...ize=125%25
1 message Syr. JulSok 339(166):9 : .... they sent him a message of hopelessness. WisSol5:9 : .... a fast-moving message.
2 gospel, the Gospel Syr. JulSok 479(236):13 : .... P Mk1:14 : ....
3 .... : holy Saturday Syr. CatWr1 150b:17 ....
Derivatives:
.... to bring news.... messenger.... preaching, gospel.... evangelist.... in an evangelical manner.... annunciation

Revelation 14:6 - (Then) I saw [another angel] flying in midheaven, and he had with him the everlasting Good News to declare (it) to those who dwell on the earth, to every nation, (every) tribe, language and nation,
another angel - in most Greek manuscripts (MHT) 'other' (... allon- G243) is missing, but in the reading of the Greek NA28, TR and in the Aramaic Peshitta we find this word....
the eternal Good News - some translations have 'an everlasting Gospel' or 'an eternal Good News'.... it immediately becomes clear in the following verses what this Gospel proclamation actually means, namely fearing God and worshiping the Creator and no other.
with itself - this text is part of the Aramaic Peshitta, but not of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR.

Do you think Revelation 14:7 originally had:
"Fear the Lord"?
"Fear God"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 14:7
Berean Literal Bible
saying in a loud voice, "Fear God and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come. And worship the One having made heaven, and the earth, and sea, and springs of waters."
King James Bible
Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
Saying with a great voice, “Stand in awe of God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come, and worship him who made the Heavens and The Earth and the Sea and the springs of water.”
Literal Standard Version
saying in a great voice, “Fear God, and give to Him glory, because the hour of His judgment came, and worship Him who made the sky, and the land, and sea, and fountains of waters.”
World English Bible
He said with a loud voice, "Fear the Lord, and give him glory; for the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heaven, the earth, the sea, and the springs of waters!"

Revelation 14:7 - and with a loud voice he said: “Fear GOD and give Him glory, for the hour of His judgment has come. Worship Him who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and the fountains of water.”
loud - literally: 'big'.
GOD - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and of the Greek NA28 and TR. The reading of the Greek MHT reads: 'the Lord' (Kurios).

Do you think Revelation 14:8 originally had:
"another messenger followed, saying"?
"another, a second messenger, followed, saying"?
"another, a/the second one, followed him and said"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"Babylon the great city"
"Babylon the great"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"fallen"?
"fallen, fallen"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"drink of the wine of the wrath of her whoredom"?
"drink of the venom of her whoredom"? (the Crawford ms. allows for that)

Revelation 14:8
King James Bible
And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
Literal Standard Version
And another messenger followed, saying, “Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great, because of the wine of the wrath of her whoredom she has given to all nations to drink.”
World English Bible
Another, a second angel, followed, saying, "Babylon the great has fallen, which has made all the nations to drink of the wine of the wrath of her sexual immorality."
And another, the second one, followed him and said, “Fallen, fallen, Babylon the Great, who gave all nations to drink of the passion of her fornication!”

Revelation 14:8 (based on Glaser)
And another he/it second is following being to him/it and says, "Has fallen, has fallen, Babylon the Great, that/which/hand she from fury/anger/heat/venom of her whoredom/fornication gave them to drink-- to all of them-- peoples/nations.

Revelation 14:8 - [Another, a second,] followed him and said: “Fallen, fallen (is) Babylon the great, which hath made all nations drink (of the wine) of the passion of her fornication .”
Another, a second - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta, without the word 'angel' hereafter. In the Greek TR 'a second' is missing and after 'angel' the Greek TR then reads 'Babylon, the great city' instead of 'Babylon the great'.
followed him - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta, but in the reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR the word 'him' is missing.
Fallen, fallen ... - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and of the Greek NA28 and TR, but of the Greek MHT the reading is: 'Fallen, is ...'
passion - in the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta it concerns a word that can also mean 'anger', but also 'heatedness'. In the reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR we find a word that is often used in connection with God's wrath (see e.g. Rev. 16:1, 19 and 19:15).
of the wine - in the Aramaic Peshitta these words are missing, while they do occur in the Greek NA28, MHT and TR. In Op. 17:2 and Rev. 18:3 we find in the Aramaic Peshitta the expression 'the wine of her fornication'. It is important to realize that in Aramaic there is only one letter difference between the word 'wine' and the word 'passion'. The word does appear in the Aramaic Peshitta vs. 10 for in connection with the wine of GOD's wrath. The words go back to Jes. 21:9 where it is also clearly prophesied that with this announcement all the idols of Babylon will also be destroyed, they are finished.

Do you think Revelation 14:9 originally had:
"And the third angel followed"?
"And another, a third angel, followed"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 14:9
Berean Literal Bible
And another, a third angel, followed them, saying in loud a voice, "If anyone worships the beast and its image, and receives a mark on his forehead or upon his hand,
King James Bible
And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
Another, the third Angel, followed them saying with a great voice, “Whoever worshiped The Beast and its Image and received its mark on his forehead
World English Bible
Another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a great voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead, or on his hand,

Rev 14:9 (APNT)
https://aramaicdb.lightofword.org/en/new...ons-search
And another, a third angel, followed them, saying with a loud voice, "He who worshipped the creature and his image and took his mark on his forehead

Revelation 14:9 - [Another, a third angel] followed them and said with a loud voice: "Whoever has received the beast and his image and the mark on his forehead or on his hand,
Another - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and of the Greek NA28, MHT. Only in the reading of the Greek TR this text is missing.

Do you think Revelation 14:10 originally had:
"wrath of God"?
"wrath of MrYa" i.e. Master YHWH? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 14:10
Berean Literal Bible
he also will drink of the wine of the anger of God, having been mixed undiluted in the cup of His wrath; and he will be tormented in fire and brimstone before the holy angels and before the Lamb.
King James Bible
The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
Shall also drink from the wine of the passion of THE LORD JEHOVAH, which is mixed without dilution in the cup of his rage, and he will be tormented by fire and brimstone before the holy Angels and before the Lamb.”
World English Bible
he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is prepared unmixed in the cup of his anger. He will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb.

Rev 14:10 (APNT)
will also drink of the wine of the fury of the LORD that is poured without mixture into the cup of his anger. And he will be tormented with fire and with sulfur before the holy angels and before the Lamb

Revelation 14:10 - shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of the LORD, which is mixed undiluted in the cup of his wrath, and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the sight of the holy angels and before (the eyes of) the Lamb.
the LORD - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'GOD'.

Do you think Revelation 14:12 originally had:
"their faith in Jesus"?
"the faith of Jesus"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 14:12
Berean Literal Bible
Here is the endurance of the saints, those keeping the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
King James Bible
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Here is the patience of The Holy Ones, those who keep the commands of God and the faith of Yeshua.”
World English Bible
Here is the patience of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus."
Holman Christian Standard Bible
This demands the perseverance of the saints, who keep God's commands and their faith in Jesus."

Revelation 14:12 - Here (it matters) the perseverance of the saints, who keep the commandments of GOD and the faith of Jesus.”
of Jesus - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. The reading of... reads: 'in Jesus'.

Do you think Revelation 14:13 originally had:
"heaven saying to me, Write"?
"heaven saying, Write"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"labors; for their works follow with them"?
"labors"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 14:13
Berean Literal Bible
And I heard a voice out of heaven, saying "Write, 'Blessed are the dead dying in the Lord from now on.'" "Yes," says the Spirit, "so that they will rest from their labors; for their works follow with them."
King James Bible
And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.
World English Bible
I heard the voice from heaven saying, "Write, 'Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.'" "Yes," says the Spirit, "that they may rest from their labors; for their works follow with them."
And I heard a voice from Heaven that said, “Write, 'Blessed are the dead, from now on, who have departed in Our Lord; Yes, says The Spirit, because they shall rest from their labors.'”

Rev 14:13 (APNT)
And I heard a voice from heaven saying, "Write. Blessed [are] the dead who depart in our Lord from now on. 'Yes,' says the Spirit, because they will rest from their labors."

Revelation 14:13 - And I heard a voice from heaven say: “Write, blessed are the dead who die in our Lord, from now on!” “Yes, saith the Spirit, for they may rest from their works!”, (for their works follow them.)
say - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and of the Greek NA28 and MHT. Only from the Greek TR the reading is: "Say to me."
[(want)] their works imitate them - this phrase is completely absent from the Aramaic Peshitta, but does appear in the reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR.

Do you think Revelation 14:15 originally had:
"because the time has come for You to reap, for the harvest of the earth is ripe"?
"because the hour to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe"?
"because the hour to reap has come"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 14:15
Berean Literal Bible
And another angel came out of the temple, crying in a loud voice to the One sitting on the cloud,
"Put forth Your sickle and reap,
because the hour to reap has come, because the harvest of the earth has ripened."
New King James Version
And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to Him who sat on the cloud,
“Thrust in Your sickle and reap,
for the time has come for You to reap, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.”
World English Bible
Another angel came out from the temple, crying with a loud voice to him who sat on the cloud,
"Send forth your sickle, and reap;
for the hour to reap has come; for the harvest of the earth is ripe!"
And another Angel went out from the Temple and shouted with a great voice to him sitting on the cloud,
“Send your sickle and reap,
because the hour to reap has come.”

Revelation 14:15 - And [another angel] came out of the Temple and cried with a loud voice to Him who sat on the cloud:
"Put out your sickle and reap,
for the hour to reap has come!"
... and reap, for the hour to reap has come - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. .... The reading of the Greek TR reads: "...and reap, for the hour to reap has come for you." This is followed in the Greek readings: "for the harvest of the earth is fully ripe!"

Do you think Revelation 14:18 originally had:
"earth, for the earth's grapes are ripe"?
"earth, for her grapes are ripe"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 14:18
Berean Literal Bible
And another angel having authority over the fire came out of the altar, and he called in a loud cry to the one having the sharp sickle, saying, "Put forth your sharp sickle, and gather the clusters from the vine of the earth, because its grapes have fully ripened."
King James Bible
And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.
Another Angel went out from the altar, who had authority over fire, and he shouted with a great voice to him who had the sharp sickle with him: “Send your sharp sickle and gather of the clusters of the vineyards of The Earth, because its grapes are large.”
World English Bible
Another angel came out from the altar, he who has power over fire, and he called with a great voice to him who had the sharp sickle, saying, "Send forth your sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth, for the earth's grapes are fully ripe!"

Rev 14:18 (APNT)
And another angel came out from the altar, who had authority over fire and cried out with a loud voice to him who had the sharp sickle, "Send your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of the vineyard of the earth, because of the ripeness of her grapes."

Revelation 14:18 - And [another angel] who had power over the fire came from the altar, and cried out with a loud voice to him who had the sharp sickle: "Send out your sharp sickle and reap the clusters of the vineyards of the earth, for her grapes are great.”
her grapes - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta and of the Greek NA28, the TR. The reading of the Greek MHT is: 'the grapes of the earth'.

Do you think Revelation 14:19 originally had:
"gathered the grapes from earth's vineyard"?
"gathered the vines of the earth"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 14:19
Berean Literal Bible
And the angel put forth his sickle to the earth and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast them into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
King James Bible
And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
Holman Christian Standard Bible
So the angel swung his sickle toward earth and gathered the grapes from earth's vineyard, and he threw them into the great winepress of God's wrath.
And the Angel thrust his sickle unto The Earth and gathered the vines of The Earth and cast into the great winepress of the passion of God.

Revelation 14:19 - And the angel cast his sickle to the earth and harvested the grapes of the earth and cast them into the great winepress of the wrath of GOD.
harvested - more literally: 'gathered', but that word does not fit the image of the sickle in Dutch.
the grapes of the earth - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. The reading of... reads: “the grapes of the vine (or “vineyard”) of the earth.”

Do you think Revelation 14:20 originally had:
"1600 stadia"?
"1200 stadia"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 14:20
Berean Literal Bible
And the winepress was trodden outside the city, and blood flowed out of the winepress, as high as the bridles of the horses, to the distance of one thousand six hundred stadia.
And the winepress was trodden outside the city and blood came out of the winepress unto the bridle of the horses for 1200 stadia.
World English Bible
The winepress was trodden outside of the city, and blood came out from the winepress, even to the bridles of the horses, as far as one thousand six hundred stadia.

Revelation 14:20 - The winepress was trodden out of the city, and blood came out of the winepress to the bridles of the horses, twelve hundred furlongs, (more than two hundred and twenty miles).
twelve hundred - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'sixteen hundred'. An important argument in the discussion about the number is that the Greek Codex Sinaiticus from the 4th century has the reading: six two hundred (numbers).
stadiums - an Olympic stadium at that time had a length of 185 meters, that is 1 stadium.

Do you think Revelation 15:2 originally had:
"beast... image... mark... number"?
"beast... image... number"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 15:2
King James Bible
And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.
And I saw as a sea of glass mingled with fire, and those who were victorious over The Beast and over its Image and over the number of its name, and they stood over the sea of glass and had with them the stringed instruments of God.
Literal Standard Version
and I saw as a sea of glass mingled with fire, and those who gain the victory over the beast, and his image, and his mark, [and] the number of his name, standing by the sea of the glass, having harps of God,
World English Bible
I saw something like a sea of glass mixed with fire, and those who overcame the beast, his image, and the number of his name, standing on the sea of glass, having harps of God.

Revelation 15:2 - And [I saw] what was like a sea of glass mingled with fire, and the conquerors of the beast and of his image and of the number of his name stood by the sea of glass with the harps of GOD.
the overcomers of the beast and of his image and of the number of his name - 'the overcomers' is literally 'those who had overcome'. In the reading of the Greek TR also follows 'and of his mark', but we do not find those words in the reading of the Greek NA28, MHT, nor in the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta.

==========================.
Do you think Revelation 15:3 originally had:
"kurios"/ lord?
"MrYa"/ Master YHWH? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"works... ways"?
"works... works"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"King of the nations"?
"King of the saints"?
"King of the age(s)/world(s)"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 15:3
King James Bible
And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.
And they sang the song of Moses the Servant of God and the song of The Lamb. They were saying: "Great and marvelous are your works, LORD JEHOVAH God Almighty. Just and true are your works, King of the universe."
World English Bible
They sang the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, "Great and marvelous are your works, Lord God, the Almighty! Righteous and true are your ways, you King of the nations.

Revelation 15:3 - They sang the song of Moses the servant of GOD, and the song of the Lamb, saying: "Great and marvelous are your works, O LORD GOD Almighty! Just and true are your works, (You are the) King of the ages!
LORD - this Name (Hebrew: YaHWeH, Aramaic: Mar-Jah, the Dutch LORD is not a translation, but a reverent reference to the Name YaHWeH) we find only in the Aramaic Peshitta. In the reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR it says: 'the Lord' (Kurios).
verily are your works - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'Truly are your ways'.
King of the ages - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta, possibly also translating as 'king of the universe' (ie 'of the heavens and the earth'). The reading of the Greek NA28 and MHT is: 'King of the nations', and the reading of the Greek TR is: 'King of the saints'.

Do you think Revelation 15:4 originally had:
"kurios"/ lord?
"MrYa"/ Master YHWH? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"worship before you, because your righteous acts have been revealed"?
"worship before you, because you are true"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 15:4
King James Bible
Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name?
for thou only art holy:
for all nations shall come and worship before thee;
for thy judgments are made manifest.
World English Bible
Who wouldn't fear you, Lord, and glorify your name?
For you only are holy.
For all the nations will come and worship before you.
For your righteous acts have been revealed."

Who will not reverence you, LORD JEHOVAH, and glorify your name?
For you alone are holy.
Therefore, all the nations will come and will worship before you,
because you are true."

Rev 15:4 (APNT)
Who will not fear you, LORD, and glorify your name?
Because you alone are innocent,
because all the nations will come and will worship before you,
because you are right."

Revelation 15:4 - Who will not fear thee, O LORD, and glorify thy name?
For You alone are spotless.
Therefore all nations will come and worship You,
for You are true!"
because ... verily - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'for your judgments have become manifest.' In the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta we find this sentence formulated slightly differently in Op. 16:5 viz.: 'because thou hast ordained these things', while the reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR of that verse is: 'because thou hast executed these judgments'.

Do you think Revelation 15:5 originally had:
"I looked, and behold, the temple"?
"I looked, and the temple"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 15:5
King James Bible
And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened:
Literal Standard Version
And after these things I saw, and behold, the temple of the Dwelling Place of the Testimony was opened in Heaven;
World English Bible
After these things I looked, and the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened.
But after these things, I looked, and the Temple of the Tabernacle of the Testimony was opened in Heaven.

Rev 15:5 (APNT)
And after these [things], I looked and the temple of the tabernacle of witness was opened in heaven.

Revelation 15:5 - After this I saw the Temple of the Dwelling of the Testimony in heaven open.
I saw - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and of the Greek NA28, MHT. Only in the reading of the Greek TR follows: 'and see'.

Do you think Revelation 15:6 originally had:
"came out"?
"came out of the temple"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 15:6
King James Bible
And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.
And the seven Angels went out from the Temple, who had with them the seven plagues, while wearing pure and bright linen and bound around their chests with a golden wrap.
Literal Standard Version
and the seven messengers having the seven plagues came forth out of the temple, clothed in linen, pure and radiant, and girded around the breasts with golden girdles:
World English Bible
The seven angels who had the seven plagues came out, clothed with pure, bright linen, and wearing golden sashes around their breasts.

Revelation 15:6 - The seven angels who had the seven plagues came out of the Temple, clothed in pure and bright linen, and girded about their breasts with a golden girdle.
from the Temple - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and of the Greek NA28 and TR. The words are missing in the Greek MHT.

Do you think Revelation 15:7 originally had:
"seven golden vessels"?
"seven vessels"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"God, who is living for the ages of the ages"?
"God, who is a/The Life for the ages of the ages, amen/ continuing"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 15:7
King James Bible
And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever.
And one of The Four Beasts gave to the seven Angels seven vessels full of the passion of God, who is The Life for the eternity of eternities. Amen.
Literal Standard Version
and one of the four living creatures gave to the seven messengers seven golden bowls, full of the wrath of God, who is living through the ages of the ages;

Rev 15:7 (APNT)
And one of the four living creatures gave to the seven angels seven bowls filled with the fury of God, who is alive forever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 15:7 - One of the four living entities gave the seven angels [seven bowls], filled with the wrath of GOD who is Life for all eternity. Amen!
seven bowls - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR is: 'seven golden bowls'. We assume that each angel was given one bowl.
who is Life for all eternity - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR is: 'who lives forever and ever'.

Messages In This Thread
RE: _The Peshitta Holy Bible_ translated by David Bauscher - by DavidFord - 06-16-2021, 10:50 AM