Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
_The Peshitta Holy Bible_ translated by David Bauscher
misrendering at Greek Revelation 1:16

It's a semiticism to view swords as having mouths that drink blood. A 'two-mouthed' sword is a double-edged sword. The original Aramaic of Rev 1:16 has a word that can mean "his mouth," "his voice," or "his edge"-- as in, his sword. The original Aramaic has a word that, if the letter "m" is added to it, becomes spear/lance.
When Rev 1:16 got translated into Greek, the Aramaic got mis-rendered as "out of his mouth a sharp two-edged sword is proceeding."

Revelation 1:16, based on Greg Glaser's interlinear of Crawford, dukhrana.com
and having to him in his hand of right seven stars/planets, and from
p-u-m-h [his-mouth/ his-voice/ his-command/ his-entrance/ his-edge]
proceeds
r-u-kh-a [spirit(s)/ breath/ wind/ space] [Crawford has 0xwr ("spirit(s)"), whereas SP has 0xmwr {r-u-m-ch-a} ("spear"). Crawford better harmonizes with Revelation 2:12 and 19:15 - GG. The UBS on dukhrana has an error.]
energetic/ sharp/ quick/ acute/ velocity,
and his appearance like the sun was showing/revealing/striking in his power.

Revelation 1:16
https://biblehub.com/interlinear/revelation/1-16.htm
kai/ καὶ/ and
ek/ ἐκ/ out of
tou/ τοῦ/ the
stomatos/ στόματος/ mouth
autou/ αὐτοῦ/ of Him
rhomphaia/ ῥομφαία/ a sword
distomos/ δίστομος
oxeia/ ὀξεῖα/ sharp
ekporeuomenē/ ἐκπορευομένη/ is going forth

1366. distomos
https://biblehub.com/greek/1366.htm
Definition: double-mouthed, two-edged
Usage: (lit: twain-mouthed; hence: of a sword, as a drinker of blood), two-edged.

Revelation 1:16
https://biblehub.com/revelation/1-16.htm
Young's Literal Translation
and having in his right hand seven stars,
and out of his mouth a sharp two-edged sword is proceeding,
and his countenance is as the sun shining in its might.
Berean Literal Bible
and He is holding in His right hand seven stars,
and a sharp two-edged sword is going forth out of His mouth;
and His face _is_ like the sun shining in its full strength.

Rev 2:12 (Young's Literal)
'And to the messenger of the assembly in Pergamos write:
These things saith he who is having the sharp two-edged sword:

Rev 2.12 (based on Glaser)
And to the m-l-a-k-a [angel/ messenger] who is in the assembly of Pergamma/Pergameans write, So says he who has to him kh-r-b-a [the sword] energetic/sharp/quick/acute of two his-edges/his-mouths/his-entrances.
Rev 19:15
And from their-mouths/ their-commands depart kh-r-b-a [sword/blade/war/desolation] energetic/sharp/quick/acute that in-him/in-it will slaughter (plural) to nations/peoples,
and he will-rule/ will-lead/ will-shepherd them in staff/rod of iron,
and he treading winepress of his-passion/ his-anger/ his-rage of God holding (plural) all.

================================================
Variants: The Revelation
https://www.zeolla.org/christian/alt/var...lation.htm

===============================================.
Do you think Revelation 6:1 originally had:
"seals"?
"seven seals"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"Come"?
"Come and see"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 6:1
New International Version
I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals.
Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come!"
King James Bible
And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals,
and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And I saw when The Lamb opened one of the seven seals,
and I heard one of The Four Beasts speaking like the sound of thunder: “Come and see.”

Rev 6:1 (APNT)
https://aramaicdb.lightofword.org/en/new...ons-search
And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals
and I heard one of the four living creatures that spoke as the sound of thunderings, "Come and see."

Revelation 6:1 - And I looked as the Lamb opened [one of the seven seals], and I heard one of the four beings say as if there was a thunderclap: "Come and see!"
seven - this word is missing from the Greek TR, but it is found in the Greek NA28, MHT and in the Aramaic Peshitta.
and see! - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and of the Greek MHT and TR. This text is missing from the reading of the Greek NA28.

Do you think Revelation 6:2 originally had:
"I saw, and behold"?
"I heard and I saw, and behold"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"went out conquering, and to conquer"?
"went out a conqueror, both conquering and to conquer"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 6:2
King James Bible
And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
And I heard and I saw and behold, a white horse, and he who sat upon it had a bow, and a crown was given to him, and he went out and gave victory, and was conquering and would conquer.

Rev 6:2 APNT
And I heard and I saw and behold, [there was] a white horse and he who sat on it had an archery bow and a crown was given to him and he went out a conqueror, both conquering and to conquer.

Revelation 6:2 - And I heard and looked, and behold, [a white horse], and he that sat upon it had a bow, and a crown was given him, and he went forth, conquering, conquering, and to conquer.
And I heard and looked, and see ... - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. But from the Greek NA28, MHT and TR the reading is simply: "And I looked, and see", without "I heard". The text "I heard" is actually very appropriate in connection with the loudly shouted words, "Come and see!" In the preceding verse.
conquered, conquering and to conquer - only in the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta we find here 3 verb forms. The first verb form, "he conquered", is missing from the Greek NA28, MHT and TR.

Do you think Revelation 6:3 originally had:
"Come and see"?
"Come"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 6:3
When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come!"
King James Bible
And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
And when he opened the second seal, I heard the second Beast which said, “Come.”

Revelation 6:3 - When He opened [the second seal], I heard the second being say, "Come!"
Come on! - after these words we only read the words in the Greek TR: "and see".

Do you think Revelation 6:4 originally had:
"another horse went out"?
"a horse went out"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 6:4
Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make people kill each other. To him was given a large sword.
King James Bible
And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
And a red horse went out, and to him who sat upon it was given to take peace from The Earth and to kill each one, and a great sword was given to him.

Revelation 6:4 - And [a red horse] went out, and to him that sat on it it was given to take peace from the earth and that they should kill one another, and a great sword was given to him.
And a red horse pulled out - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: "And another, a red horse, went out"

Do you think Revelation 6:5 originally had:
"'Come!' I saw"?
"Come and see. And I saw"?
"Come and behold"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 6:5
When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand.
King James Bible
And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
And when he opened the third seal, I heard the third Beast saying, “Come”, and behold, a black horse, and he who sat upon him had a balance scale in his hand.

Revelation 6:5 - When He opened it [the third seal], I heard the third being say, "Come!" And, behold, [a black horse], and he that sat upon it had a balance in his hand.
"Come!" and see ... - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and the Greek TR. The reading of the Greek NA28 and MHT is: "Come!" And I saw and see: ... "

Do you think Revelation 6:6 originally had:
"four beasts"?
"beasts"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"the oil and the wine"?
"the wine and the oil"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 6:6
Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "Two pounds of wheat for a day's wages, and six pounds of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"
King James Bible
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
And I heard a voice from among The Beasts, which said, “A two-quart measure of wheat for a denarius and three two-quart measures of barley for a denarius, and you shall not harm the wine and the oil.”

Revelation 6:6 - And I heard a voice from among the (living) beings say, "A two-quart measure of wheat for a dinar and three measures of barley for a dinar, and do not harm the wine and the oil!"
the [(living)] beings - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The Greek NA28, MHT, and TR read: "the four living entities."
the wine and the oil - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: "the oil and the wine."

Do you think Revelation 6:7 originally had:
"I heard"?
"I heard the voice"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"fourth creature"?
"creature"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"Come and see"?
"Come"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 6:7
When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say,
"Come!"
King James Bible
And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say,
Come and see.
World English Bible
When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the fourth living creature saying,
"Come and see!"
When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of a Beast saying,
“Come.”

Revelation 6:7 - When He opened [the Fourth Seal], I heard the voice of a creature say, "Come!"
the voice of ... - these words we find in the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and in the reading of the Greek NA28 and TR, but not in the reading of the Greek MHT.
Come on! - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and of the Greek NA28. ....
of a being - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The Greek NA28, MHT and TR read: "the fourth being."

Do you think Revelation 6:8 originally had:
"And I looked, and behold"?
"And behold"?
"And I saw"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"given to them"?
"given to him"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 6:8
King James Bible
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
World English Bible
And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat on it, his name was Death. Hades followed with him. Authority over one fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword, with famine, with death, and by the wild animals of the earth was given to him.
And I saw a pale horse, and the name of him who sat upon it was Death, and Sheol joined him and authority was given to him over a fourth of The Earth to kill with the sword, with starvation, with Death, and by the animals of The Earth.

Revelation 6:8 - And I saw [a pale horse], and the one sitting on it was called "Death", and Hades followed him. And power was given to him over a quarter of the earth to kill with the sword, and with famine, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
And I saw - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek TR and NA28 is: "And I saw, and see ...", while the reading of the Greek MHT is: "And look!"
pale - or: "green" because the Greek word "chloros" is used in Mk. 6:39, Op. 8: 7 and Op. 9: 4 translated as "green". In the Aramean Peshitta Mk. 6:39 the word "green," and here in Op. 6: 8 in the various translations the Aramaic is translated both "pale" and "green", while in Op. 8: 7 no color designation is given of the grass, and in Op. 9: 4 there is a word that is related to the word that we have translated here as "pale", but there it is translated as "green" (possibly yellow-green as of dry grass).
And him - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and of the Greek MHT. The reading of the Greek TR and NA28 is "and theirs". Since the red and black horse bring the sword and hunger, "their" could be the correct representation here. However, the rendering "him" fits in well with the words before it: "followed him".

Do you think Revelation 6:9 originally had:
"testimony which they had"?
"testimony of the Lamb which they had"?
"testimony of Yeshua which they had"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 6:9
King James Bible
And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God,
and for the testimony which they held:
World English Bible
When he opened the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been killed for the Word of God,
and for the testimony of the Lamb which they had.
And when he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been murdered for the word of God
and for the testimony of Yeshua which they had.

Revelation 6:9 - When He opened [the fifth seal], I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been killed for the Word of GOD
and for the testimony of Jesus that they had.
when He - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and of the Greek TR, MHT, NA28. Sometimes one finds a translation that says "then the Lamb." However, that text has no support in the manuscripts.
because of the testimony ... they had - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek MHT reads: "for the testimony they had of the Lamb", while the reading of the Greek NA28 and TR does not contain the words "of the Lamb" and "of Jesus".

Do you think Revelation 6:10 originally had:
Despotēs/ Δεσπότης/ Master?
MrYa i.e. Master YHWH? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 6:10 interlinear
https://biblehub.com/interlinear/revelation/6-10.htm
1203 [e] Despotēs Δεσπότης

Revelation 6:10
and they were crying with a great voice, saying, 'Till when, O Master, the Holy and the True, dost Thou not judge and take vengeance of our blood from those dwelling upon the land?'
And they cried with a great voice, and they were saying, “How long, LORD JEHOVAH, holy and true, do you not judge and avenge our blood upon the inhabitants of The Earth?”

Revelation 6:10 - They cried with a loud voice and said, "How long, (O) holy and true Lord, do You not judge and avenge our blood against the inhabitants of the earth?"
LORD - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta, who knows the name Mar-Jah as the unique Aramaic Name of the LORD, a name that corresponds to the Hebrew Name: YaHWeH, which occurs more than 200 times in the NT of the Aramaic Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR is: Ruler ("despotes", remember the Dutch loanword "despot").

Do you think Revelation 6:11 originally had:
the word "number"? (the Crawford ms. lacks "number")

"time"?
"short time"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 6:11
Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been.
King James Bible
And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
World English Bible
A long white robe was given to each of them. They were told that they should rest yet for a while, until their fellow servants and their brothers, who would also be killed even as they were, should complete their course.
And to each and every one of them was given a white robe, and it was said that they should rest for a little season of time until their companions and their brothers were also perfected, who were going to be killed, even as they had been.

Revelation 6:11 - And a long white robe was given to each of them, and they were told to rest a little while until their fellowservants also and their brethren should be full (numbered), who should be killed just like them. turn into.
vol [(numberig)] - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and of the Greek MHT and TR. The reading of the Greek NA28 reads: "Until the number also was full."
short time - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and of the Greek NA28 and TR. In the reading of the Greek MHT the word "short" is missing.

Do you think Revelation 6:13 originally had:
"unripe figs"?
"figs"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 6:13 interlinear
https://biblehub.com/interlinear/revelation/6-13.htm
3653 [e] olynthous ὀλύνθους unripe figs

3653. olunthos
https://biblehub.com/greek/3653.htm
an unripe fig, one which, not ripening in due time, grows through the winter and falls off in the spring.

Revelation 6:13
King James Bible
And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
And the stars of the Heavens fell upon The Earth, like a fig tree casting its figs when it is shaken by a strong wind.

Revelation 6:13 - and the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree throws off its figs when it is shaken by a strong wind.
his figs - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The Greek NA28, MHT, and TR read: "his early figs" or "his unripe figs."

Do you think Revelation 6:14 originally had:
"every mountain and island"?
"every mountain and all islands"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 6:14
The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.
King James Bible
And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
And the Heavens were parted like scrolls being rolled up, and every hill and all the islands were moved from their places.

Revelation 6:14 - The heavens parted and were rolled up like scrolls, and every mountain and every island were torn from their place.
weeks apart - in the Aramaic Peshitta there is a word here that is reminiscent of the word "split up" in Gen. 10:25 which has been reflected in the name "Peretz", often written as "Peres". Then the earth split, and here in the book of Revelation the heavens split.
every mountain and all islands - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The Greek NA28, MHT and TR read: "and every mountain and island."

Do you think Revelation 6:15 originally had:
"every slave and every free"?
"every slave and free"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 6:15
Berean Literal Bible
And the kings of the earth, and the great ones, and the commanders, and the rich, and the powerful,
and every slave and free,
hid themselves in the caves, and among the rocks of the mountains.
King James Bible
And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men,
and every bondman, and every free man,
hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

Rev 6:15 (Aramaic Peshitta NT)
And the kings of the earth and the great and the rulers of thousands and the rich and the strong [ones] and all the servants and the free men hid themselves in caves and in the rocks of the mountains.

Revelation 6:15 - The kings of the earth and the great and the rulers over a thousand and the rich and the mighty and every slave and free hid themselves in the caverns and in the rocks of the mountains,
and free - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and of the Greek NA28 and MHT. Only from the Greek TR does the reading read: "and every free".

Do you think Revelation 6:16 originally had:
"hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb"?
"hide us from before the face of the Lamb"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 6:16
They called to the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!
King James Bible
And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
And they said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from before the face of the Lamb,”

Revelation 6:16 - and they said to the mountains and to the rocks, Fall on us and hide us from the face of the Lamb,
before the face of the Lamb - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The word "face" is plural in Aramaic, also in Mt. 26:67 where it is about the face of Jesus, while the meaning from the Dutch point of view is singular. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: "Hide us from Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb." The words "of Him who sits on the throne and before wrath" are therefore missing in the Aramaic Peshitta.

Do you think Revelation 6:17 originally had literally:
"his wrath"?
"their wrath"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 6:17
For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?"
King James Bible
For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Rev 6:17 (APNT)
BECAUSE THE GREAT DAY OF THEIR ANGER HAS COME AND WHO IS ABLE TO STAND?

Revelation 6:17 - for the great day of his wrath has come, and who can stand!"
his wrath - this is the reading of the Greek MHT and TR. The reading of the Aramaic Peshitta is grammatically plural ("their"), but that plural refers to the plural "faces" in Aramaic, even though it means "one face". In Dutch we make it singular because for us it points back to the face of the Lamb, which is in the singular in Dutch. The reading of the Greek NA28 is "their wrath."

=====================================
Text Note on Revelation 11:17
http://www.jeffriddle.net/2015/08/text-n...7-and.html

A Student's Guide to New Testament Textual Variants
http://web.ovc.edu/terry/tc/

Do you think Revelation 7:1 originally had:
"After"?
"And after"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 7:1
After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.
King James Bible
And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
And after this, I saw four Angels standing over the four corners of The Earth and holding the four winds, that the winds would not blow on The Earth, neither on the Sea, neither on any tree.

Revelation 7:1 - After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that no wind should blow on the earth or on the sea or on any tree.
Hereafter - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and of the Greek NA28 and MHT. Only from the Greek TR does the reading read: "And after these things." [correction: Crawford has "And after"]
the four winds - see also Jer. 49:36, Dan. 7: 2 and Zach. 6: 5.

In the Aramaic, the seals mentioned in Rom 4:11, 1 Cor 9:2, 2 Tim 2:19, Rev 7:2, and Rev 9:4 is "kh-th-m-a," which is a different word than the seals of scrolls in Rev 5, Rev 6, and Rev 8:1-- the scolls' seals are "t-b-ai-a."
The Greek uses "sphragis" when mentioning both a) seals on scrolls and b) seals not associated with scrolls.

4973. sphragis
https://biblehub.com/greek/4973.htm

Peshitta verses that contains lexeme 1:1188
http://dukhrana.com/peshitta/sedra_conco...%25&source=

Re: Revelation 7:2's "seal of the living God," do you think "seal" was originally the same word, or a different word, than the "seal" of the scrolls in Rev 5, Rev 6, and Rev 8:1? (the Crawford ms. contains two different words for the scrolls' seals and God's seal)

Revelation 7:2 - And I saw another angel coming up from the rising of the sun, having the seal of the living GOD, and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it had been given to harm the earth and sea,
seal - the Aramaic word seal is ... (Katma) [kh-th-m-a]. In vs. 3 contains the verb "to seal" which is related to the word "seal". This applies to both Aramaic and Greek. Incidentally, it is a different word in Aramaic than the word used for the seven seals of the scroll. In Greek it is the same word in both cases, namely ... (Sfragis - G4973).

Do you think Revelation 7:4 originally had:
"all the tribes of the sons of Israel"?
"all the tribes of Israel"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 7:4
Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.
King James Bible
And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
And I heard the number who were sealed - 144,000, from all the tribes of Israel:

Revelation 7:4 - And I heard the number of those who were sealed, one hundred and forty-four thousand out of all the tribes of Israel:
all tribes of Israel - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. The Greek NA28, MHT, and TR read, "all the tribes of the sons of Israel."

Do you think Revelation 7:5 originally had:
"tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed"?
"tribe of Yehudah, 12,000"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"tribe of Gad 12,000 were sealed"?
"tribe of Gad, 12,000"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 7:5
From the tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed, from the tribe of Reuben 12,000, from the tribe of Gad 12,000,
King James Bible
Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.
From the tribe of Yehudah, 12,000; from the tribe of Reuben, 12,000; from the tribe of Gad, 12,000;

Revelation 7:5 - From the tribe of Judah twelve thousand, from the tribe of Reuben twelve thousand, from the tribe Gad twelve thousand,
From the tribe of Judah twelve thousand - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR adds, "sealed." In the reading of the Greek TR we find that word with every tribe, while in the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta we do not find it with any tribe.

Do you think Revelation 7:7 originally had:
"Levi... Issachar"?
"Issachar... Levi"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 7:7
from the tribe of Simeon 12,000, from the tribe of Levi 12,000, from the tribe of Issachar 12,000,
King James Bible
Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.
From the tribe of Shimeon, 12,000; from the tribe of Issachar, 12,000; from the tribe of Levi, 12,000;

Revelation 7:7 - from the tribe of Simeon twelve thousand, from the tribe of Issachar twelve thousand, from the tribe of Levi twelve thousand,
explanation - the order of the tribes is according to the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. In the reading of the Greek NA28, MHT, and TR, the tribe of Levi comes second here, followed by the tribe of Issachar.

Do you think Revelation 7:9 originally had:
"I beheld, and, lo"?
"I saw"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 7:9
King James Bible
After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
After this I saw many multitudes which were impossible to count, which were of all people, generations, nations and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, and wearing white garments and with palms in their hands.

Revelation 7:9 - After this I saw a great multitude that no one could number, out of every people and (of every) tribe, and (out of all) nations and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in long white robes and with palm branches in their hands,
I saw - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The Greek NA28, MHT and TR read: "I saw, and see., ...".
people .... tribe ... nations and languages - the first two words are in the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta in the singular and the next two in the plural. In the reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR, only the first word is in the singular and the other three in the plural.

Do you think Revelation 7:11 originally had:
"before his throne"?
"before the throne"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 7:11
King James Bible
And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts,
and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
World English Bible
All the angels were standing around the throne, the elders, and the four living creatures;
and they fell on their faces before his throne, and worshiped God,
And all of the Angels were standing around the throne and The Elders and The Four Beasts,
and they fell before the throne on their faces,

Revelation 7:11 - And all the angels stood round about the throne, and (also) the elders and the four creatures,
and fell on their faces before the throne,
before the throne - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR. The reading of the Greek MHT is "before his throne."

Do you think Revelation 7:12 originally had:
"blessing and glory"?
"glory and blessing"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 7:12
King James Bible
Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
Saying, “Amen! Glory and blessing and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and strength to our God for the eternity of eternities! Amen!

Revelation 7:12 - and said, “Amen! Glory and blessing, wisdom and thanks, honor and might and strength are our GOD for all eternity. Amen!"
Glory and blessing - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT, and TR reads: "The Praise and Glory."

Do you think Revelation 7:14 originally had:
"lord"?
"my lord"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 7:14
Berean Literal Bible
And I said to him, "My lord, you know." And he said to me, "These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
King James Bible
And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
And I said to him, “My Lord, you know.” And he said to me, “These are those who came from great suffering and they have purified their garments and whitened them in the blood of The Lamb.”

Revelation 7:14 - I said to him, "My lord, you know." And he said to me, “These are they who have come out of great tribulation, and they have cleansed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
My lord - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta and the Greek MHT and TR. Only in the reading of the Greek TR the word "my" is missing.

Do you think Revelation 7:15 originally had mention of a tent over people? (the Crawford ms. lacks any mention of a tent over people)

Revelation 7:15
because of this are they before the throne of God, and they do service to Him day and night in His sanctuary, and He who is sitting upon the throne shall tabernacle over them;

Revelation 7:15 interlinear
https://biblehub.com/interlinear/revelation/7-15.htm
....4637 [e] skēnōsei σκηνώσει will tabernacle
ep’ ἐπ’ over
autous αὐτούς them

4637. skénoó
https://biblehub.com/greek/4637.htm
Definition: to have one's tent, dwell
Usage: I dwell as in a tent, encamp, have my tabernacle

Rev 7:15 (APNT)
Because of this, they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple. And he who sits on the throne will dwell with them.

http://dukhrana.com/peshitta/analyze_ver...ize=125%25
http://dukhrana.com/lexicon/word.php?adr...ize=125%25
to protect, shelter
1 to be sheltered (?) ....
1 to protect ....
2 to make (the Holy Spirit) indwell (in Mary or in the Host) .... (a) to make itself indwell
3 to cover (but not necessarily as protection!) .... (a) .... to protect with one's power ....
1 to be made to provide shelter ....

Revelation 7:15 - Therefore they are before the throne of GOD and serve Him day and night in the Temple, and He who sits on the throne will dwell with them.
in the Temple - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR is "in his Temple." [correction: Crawford has "his Temple."]
will live with them - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT, and TR reads: "shall spread his tent over them."

Do you think Revelation 7:17 originally had:
"lead them to living fountains of waters"?
"lead them to life and to springs of water"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"God will"?
"he will"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 7:17
because the Lamb that is in the midst of the throne shall feed them,
and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters,
and wipe away shall God every tear from their eyes.'
King James Bible
For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them,
and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters:
and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
Because The Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them
and will lead them unto Life and beside fountains of water,
and he will wipe away every tear from their eyes.

Rev 7:17 (APNT)
because the Lamb who is in the middle of the throne will feed them
and will guide them to life and to the fountains of water
and will wipe away all the tears from their eyes."

Revelation 7:17 - for the Lamb that is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them
and lead them to life and to springs of water,
and He will wipe away all tears from their eyes.”
to Life and to springs of water and He will ... - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT, and TR reads: "To springs of water of Life, and GOD will ..."

Messages In This Thread
RE: _The Peshitta Holy Bible_ translated by David Bauscher - by DavidFord - 05-27-2021, 04:37 PM