Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
_The Peshitta Holy Bible_ translated by David Bauscher
(03-31-2020, 01:44 AM)DavidFord Wrote: Codex Alexandrinus provides additional evidence that Christians in the first few centuries of Christianity utilized the 'deuterocanonical' OT books.

Codex Alexandrinus Table of Contents
http://symeon-anthony.info/BibleCanon/Al...rinus.html

===============================================================.
"The Apocrypha is not part of the Hebrew canon, nor the Christian canon"
Reasoning/evidence that "the Apocrypha is not part of... the Christian canon"?  
When was "the Hebrew canon" formulated? (after Jesus died and rose?)
'Deuterocanonical' OT books appear in the Peshitta OT, LXX, Codex Vaticanus, Codex Sinaiticus, and Codex Alexandrinus.

"Who else do you know that's translated the entire Peshitta Old Testament as well as the NT?"
Lamsa translated most but not all of the Peshitta OT, since he didn't translate the Peshitta's 'deuterocanonical' OT books.

"Deuterocanonical" is not canonical. Apocrypha is not canonical. Pseudopigrapha is not canonical. The Hebrew canon was settled long before Jesus' birth. It is called the TaNaK. 24 books as the Jews number them: "The form of this text that is authoritative for Rabbinic Judaism is known as the Masoretic Text(MT) and it consists of 24 books, while the translations divide essentially the same material into 39 books for the Protestant Bible." Have you looked at a Hebrew Bible? Every Hebrew Bible has the entire TaNaK- Torah, Prophets, Writings. Jesus never quoted anything but those books with the phrase- "it is written". The Jews rejected Yeshua in spite of the fact that He was the fulfillment of their accepted Hebrew Scriptures. They were not guilty because they rejected the Apocrypha as uninspired, but because they claimed to accept the TaNaK as the word of YHWH and yet rejected HIM when HE came to them in flesh.

I know and you know about Lamsa. I asked you who else do you know? Is there any one living you know who has translated the TaNaK from the Peshitta? BTW, Lamsa did not even translate the whole TaNaK from the Peshitta. He mixed a lot of KJV readings from the Hebrew Massoretic Bible in many passages where the Peshitta text differs from the Hebrew readings.
Your appeal to Maccabees is badly lacking as a quotation of scripture. It is not quoted at all. That text in Hebrews 11 may be an allusion to the history recorded in Maccabees, which I accept as true history. That in no way means Maccabees was held to be inspired scripture by Paul, or whoever wrote Hebrews. Just because Peshitta ms. Ambrosianus has the Apocrypha does not mean that the Apocrypha is God written scripture, any more than it means that Josephus' Wars, Book 6 is God written scripture, which also is contained in the same Peshitta Codex Ambrosianus.
Get my NT translations, books & articles at :
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://aramaicnt.com">http://aramaicnt.com</a><!-- m --> and Lulu.com
I also have articles at BibleCodeDigest.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: _The Peshitta Holy Bible_ translated by David Bauscher - by gbausc - 03-31-2020, 07:55 PM