Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
book of Hebrews: better from Greek, or Aramaic?
As you look at the Greek Lk 7:47, do you agree with Torrey that, "this passage is not merely 'difficult,' the trouble is incurable-- in the Grk."?

_Our Translated Gospels: Some of the Evidence_ (1936), 172pp. by Charles Cutler Torrey. On 98, 100-101
https://archive.org/details/ourtranslate...1/mode/2up
Exhibit XVII. Wrong Vocalization of the Aramaic.
c. Lk. 7:47 ac. to Grk.: Therefore I say to you,
THAT HER many sins are forgiven (...[snipping Hebrew/Aramaic characters]...),
FOR SHE LOVED MUCH (...[snipping Hebrew/Aramaic characters]...),
but he to whom little is forgiven will love little.

True rendering: Therefore I say to you,
SHE WHOSE many sins are forgiven (same words)
WILL LOVE MUCH (same words),
but he to whom little is forgiven will love little.
Exhibit XVII, C (Lk. 7:47). This passage is not merely "difficult," the trouble is incurable-- in the Grk. Jesus indicates to Simon that he has a lesson for him, and the Pharisee listens politely, perhaps not eagerly. Jesus then shows, in a clear-cut little parable, what he wished to establish as his major premise: A debtor released from his debt is grateful in proportion to his feeling of relief from the burden. Simon assents, and waits for the application. When, however, Jesus proceeds to show how his parable applies to _the forgiveness of sins_, our Grk. version suddenly turns aside with an announcement (introduced by "therefore") out of keeping with what had preceded. The parable need not have been uttered. The argument is turned upside down, leaving Simon (and the rest of us) in bewilderment. The despair of interpreters, ancient and modern, is only too well known. Among recent commentators, Klostermann and Lagrange discuss the problem from all sides, but are obliged to leave it unsolved. Wellhausen tries to rewrite the Greek. Easton finds three distinct strata in the little section.

In the Aram., everything is clear; Jesus' lesson to Simon is really given, and the application of the parable is now perfect. As was remarked in _The Four Gospels_, the cause of the mistranslation was misunderstanding of the particle di [- over i], which here was the relative pronoun, not the conjunction. Any student of Aram. who looks at the restored text (above) will see at once how very natural Lk.'s mistake was, and how certainly the right interpretation of the ambiguous particle restores the original reading. Lk.'s manner of dealing with his circumstantial participle, which he properly renders "for she loved," hardly needs comment. The past tense of his translation was of course prescribed by the preceding Aram. participle.

This is not an instance of wrong vocalization, for no change of any sort is needed in the Aram. text. The passage is introduced here merely for the sake of juxtaposition with the preceding example.
"It's occurred to me that both Greek and Aramaic manuscripts were produced right from the beginning. That would have been a logical thing for them to do."
Makes sense.
"It's simply that the Greek manuscripts proliferated being the universal language of the day"
Greek mss. certainly proliferated in the West. After the destruction of Jerusalem, Aramaic material became scarcer and scarcer.
"and minor textual differences are simply due to linguistic preferences in each language, and of course centuries of manuscript copy errors"
Some of the textual differences are because of mistranslations from the original Aramaic into Greek. The Church of the East's mss. recopying tradition was superior to that in the West, resulting in far fewer variants in Aramaic mss. than what's seen in the morass of conflicting Greek mss. variants.

"In other words, both Greek and Aramaic copies may have been produced under the supervision of the Apostles themselves"
Sounds right. I'd add that the Aramaic came first.
"and therefore the descending manuscripts from both languages carry equal Apostolic authority, despite the minor difference"
The NT writers wrote in Aramaic, supervised translations of their writing into Greek, and supported the release and dissemination of those translations.

"It's a reasonable theory anyway. Tatian may have been translating the Greek being a native speaker of both languages, but it's just as likely he was working from seldom used extant Aramaic manuscripts at that time"
Tatian was working with the gospels in the Peshitta.
Do you think Luke 11:5 originally had:
"would go to him"?
"who comes to him"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "would go to him."

Luke 11:5 - He said to them, "Who among you who has a friend would go to him in the middle of the night and say to him, 'Friend, lend me three loaves of bread,
would go to him in the middle of the night - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta, the Greek MHT and TR. The reading of the Greek NA28 reads: "who comes to him in the middle of the night."

Diatessaron 10:22
And he said unto them, Who of you, that hath a friend, goeth to him at midnight, and saith unto him, My friend, lend me three loaves;

=======================================
Do you think Luke 11:45 originally had: "scribes"? "lawyers"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "scribes."

Luke 11:45 - One of the scribes took the floor and said to Him, "Master, when you say these things, you offend us."
scribes - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'lawyers'.

Diatessaron 40:59
One of the scribes answered and said unto him, Teacher, in this saying of thine thou art casting a slur on us.

Do you think Luke 11:53 originally had:
"when he said that to them"?
"when he left from there"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "when he said that to them."

Luke 11:53 - While He was saying these things to them, the scribes and Pharisees began to take offense (at Him). They became furious and made fun of his words,
As he said these things to them - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta and the Greek MHT and TR. The reading of the Greek NA28 reads: "When He left from there ..."

Diatessaron 41:16
And when he said that unto them, the scribes and Pharisees began their evil-doing, being angry with him, and finding fault with his sayings, and harassing him in many things; seeking to catch something from his mouth, that they might be able to calumniate him.

Do you think Luke 11:46 originally had: "scribes"? "lawyers"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "scribes."

Luke 11:46 - But He said: “Woe to you, scribes, for you saddle the people with heavy burdens, but you yourself do not touch those burdens with (even) one of your fingers!
scribes - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'lawyers'.

Diatessaron 40:60
He said, And to you also, ye scribes, woe! for ye lade men with heavy burdens, and ye with one of your fingers come not near those burdens.

Do you think Luke 12:1 originally had: "Jesus"? "He"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "Jesus."

Luke 12:1 - When the crowds flocked so that they (almost) overrun each other, Jesus began to say to his disciples: “Be (very) first wary of the leaven of the Pharisees, that is hypocrisy !
Jesus - the name is part of the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'He'.

Diatessaron 41:18
And when there gathered together myriads of great multitudes, which almost trode one upon another, Jesus began to say unto his disciples, Preserve yourselves from the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.

Do you think Luke 12:11 originally had:
"how you will answer"?
"how or what you will answer"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "how you will answer."

Luke 12:11 - "When they put you in the synagogues, for governments and powers, don't worry how you will answer or what you will say,
governments - in the Aramean Peshitta it literally says: 'heads'.
how you will answer - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'how or what you will answer'.

Diatessaron 41:46
And when they bring you into the synagogues before the rulers and the authorities, be not anxious beforehand how ye shall answer for yourselves, or what ye shall say: because it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Spirit.

Do you think Luke 12:14 originally had: "Jesus"? "He"?

Luke 12:14 - But Jesus said to him, "Man, who made me a judge or a mediator over you?"
Jesus - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'He'.

Diatessaron 28:34
Jesus said unto him, Man, who is it that appointed me over you as a judge and divider?

How should the Greek Luke 12:15b be rendered?
Do you think Luke 12:15 originally had:
"his disciples"? "them"?
"all greed"? merely "greed"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "his disciples" and "all greed."

Luke 12:15 - And He said to his disciples, "Behold, watch over all greed, for life is not in the wealth of possessions."
his disciples - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The Greek NA28, MHT and TR read: 'them'.
all greed - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta, but the reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: greed '.
for life ... possessions - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: "because even if someone has abundance, his life is not his property."

Diatessaron 28:35
And he said unto his disciples, Take heed within yourselves of all inordinate desire; for it is not in abundance of possessions that life shall be.

Luke 12:15b
https://biblehub.com/interlinear/luke/12-15.htm
hoti/ ὅτι/ for
ouk/οὐκ/not
en/ἐν/in
tō/τῷ/the
perisseuein/περισσεύειν/abundance
tini/τινὶ/to anyone
hē/ἡ/the
zōē/ζωὴ/life
autou/αὐτοῦ/to him
estin/ἐστιν/is
ek/ἐκ/of
tōn/τῶν/that which
hyparchontōn/ὑπαρχόντων/possesses
autō/αὐτῷ/of him

When Jesus spoke what became Luke 12:26, do you think he originally literally said:
"do something small"?
"do the least"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "do something small" (which is an Aramaic way of saying, 'do the least').

Luke 12:26 - If you can't do something so small, why are you (then) worried about the rest?"
something so small - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'the least'.

Diatessaron 10:5
If then ye are not able for a small thing, why are ye anxious about the rest?

Do you think Luke 12:37 originally had: "the lord"? "their lord"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "their lord."

Luke 12:37 - Happy are those servants who, when their lord comes, are found awake by him. Verily, I say to you that he will gird himself and let them lie down (at the meal) and go around to minister to them.
their lord - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'Mr'.

Diatessaron 43:41
Blessed are those servants, whom their lord shall come and find attentive: verily I say unto you, that he will gird his waist, and make them sit down, and pass through them and serve them.

Luke 12:37 (Young's Literal)
'Happy those servants, whom the lord, having come, shall find watching; verily I say to you, that he will gird himself, and will cause them to recline (at meat), and having come near, will minister to them;
Do you think Luke 12:42 originally had:
"the lord/Lord will appoint"? "his lord will appoint"?
"Jesus said"? "the Lord said"?
(if 'Jesus said,' do you think 'the Lord said' is a theological embellishment in Greek mss.?)

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "Jesus said" and have "his lord will appoint."

Luke 12:42 - Jesus said to him, "Then who is the faithful and wise steward that the Lord will appoint over his servants to give them their share in time?"
Jesus said to him - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'The Lord said'.
sir - in the Aramean Peshitta it says: 'his lord'.
part - in the Greek NA28, MHT and TR the word 'sitometrion' is used here. 'Sitos' is 'grain' and 'metrion' is 'mate'. It is therefore a measured amount of grain, a ration.

Diatessaron 43:2
Jesus said unto him, Who, thinkest thou, is the servant, the master of the house, trusted with control, whom his lord set over his household, to give them their food in its season?

Do you think Luke 12:47 originally had:
"and not having prepared nor having done according to his will"?
"and did not prepare for him according to his will"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "and did not prepare for him according to his will."

Luke 12:47 - The servant who knew the will of his Lord
(but) had not prepared for his coming as he wished,
he will be beaten with many blows,
on his arrival - literally: 'on him', in the reading of the Aramean Peshitta.
as this one wanted - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: "and did not do according to his will."

Diatessaron 27:24
And the servant that knoweth his lord's will,
and maketh not ready for him according to his will,
shall meet with much punishment;

Luke 12:47
(Berean Literal) Now that servant, the one having known the will of his master,
and not having prepared nor having done according to his will,
will be beaten with many blows.
(Aramaic Bible in Plain English) “The servant who knew the will of his master
and did not prepare for him according to his will,
he shall be beaten many times.”
(Young's Literal) 'And that servant, who having known his lord's will,
and not having prepared, nor having gone according to his will,
shall be beaten with many stripes,

Do you think Luke 13:10 originally had: "Jesus"? "He"?

Luke 13:10 - When Jesus taught in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath,
Jesus - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'He'.

Diatessaron 27:40
And when Jesus was teaching on the sabbath day in one of the synagogues, there was there a woman that had a spirit of disease eighteen years; and she was bowed down, and could not straighten herself at all. And Jesus saw her, and called her, and said unto her, Woman, be loosed from thy disease.

Do you think Luke 13:15 originally had:
"Jesus"?
"He"?
"answered and said to him"?
"answered him and said"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "Jesus" and "answered and said to him."

Luke 13:15 - But Jesus answered and said to him, “Hypocrite! Don't each of you on the Sabbath release his ox or donkey from the stable to let him drink?
answered and said to him - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: "answered him and said".

Diatessaron 27:45
But Jesus answered and said unto him, Ye hypocrites, doth not each of you on the sabbath day loose his ox or his ass from the manger, and go and water it?

Do you think Luke 13:23 originally had:
"Jesus answered and said to them"?
"He said to them"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "Jesus answered and said to them."

Luke 13:23 - Someone asked Him if few would be saved. Jesus answered and said to them:
Jesus answered and said to them - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: "He said to them." Although the question is asked by 'someone', Jesus answers to 'them' (plural). The question was undoubtedly the question of superiors.

Diatessaron 31:7
And a man asked him, Are those that shall be saved few? Jesus answered and said unto them,

Do you think Luke 13:32 originally had: "Jesus"? "He"?

Luke 13:32 - Jesus said to them, "Go and say to that fox, 'Behold, I cast out demons and heal people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will be fulfilled."
I will become the fulfillment - more literally, "I will be finished." It is unusual language, especially in Dutch, but if the words also raise questions in Hebrew (Aramaic), how could it be otherwise in Dutch. See also Mt. 5:17.

Diatessaron 24:28
Jesus said unto them, Go ye and say to this fox, Behold, I am casting out demons, and I heal to-day and to-morrow, and on the third day I am perfected.

Do you think Luke 14:3 originally had:
"scribes"? "lawyers"?
"the Sabbath"? "the Sabbath or not"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "scribes" and
"the Sabbath."

Luke 14:3 - Jesus spoke and said to the scribes and Pharisees, "Is it permissible to heal on the Sabbath?"
Is it allowed ... to heal - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta, Greek MHT and TR. The reading of the Greek NA28 reads, "Is it permissible to heal on the Sabbath or not?"

Diatessaron 29:45
Jesus answered and said unto the scribes and the Pharisees, Is it lawful on the sabbath to heal? But they were silent.

Do you think Luke 14:7 originally had "He said to them"?

Neither the Peshitta nor the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "He said to them."

Luke 14:7 - He told a parable to the invitees when He saw them choose the best places. (He said to them):
He said to them - these words are missing from the Aramaic Peshitta, but they are part of the reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR.

Diatessaron 30:1
And he spake a parable unto those which were bidden there, because he saw them choose the places that were in the highest part of the sitting room: When a man invites thee to a feast, do not go and sit at the head of the room;

Do you think Luke 14:23 originally had: "his servant/s"? "the servant/s"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "his servant/s."

Luke 14:23 - The Lord said to his servant, "Go to the roads and the paths and compel them to come in so that my house will be full,
his servant - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'the servant'.

Diatessaron 30:24
So the lord said unto his servants, Go out into the roads, and the ways, and the paths, and every one that ye find, invite to the feast, and constrain them to enter, till my house is filled.
Do you think Luke 15:6 originally had:
"calls his friends and neighbors"?
"calls his friends and neighbors together"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "calls his friends and neighbors."

Luke 15:6 - When he comes home, he calls his friends and neighbors and says to them, "Rejoice with me, because I have found my lost sheep!"
he cries - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. In the Greek NA28, MHT and TR the lecture reads: 'he calls ... together'.

Diatessaron 26:6
and bring it to his house, and call his friends and neighbours, and say unto them, Rejoice with me, since I have found my straying sheep.

Do you think Luke 15:12 originally had:
"said to him, My father"?
"said to his father: Father"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "said to him, My father."

Luke 15:12 - The youngest of them said to him, "My father, give me the inheritance of your property that is due to me!" (Then) (the father) divided his property among them.
said to him: My father ... - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: "said to his father: Father, ..."

Diatessaron 26:13
A man had two sons: and the younger son said unto him, My father, give me my portion that belongeth to me of thy goods. And he divided between them his property.

Do you think Luke 15:21 originally had:
"I am not worthy"?
"I am no longer worthy"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "I am not worthy."

Luke 15:21 - His son said to him, "My father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am not worthy to be called your son. "
not worth it - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'no longer worth it'.

Diatessaron 26:22
And his son said unto him, My father, I have sinned in heaven and before thee, and am not worthy to be called thy son.

Do you think Luke 15:22 originally had:
"Get the best robe quickly"?
"Get the best robe"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "Get the best robe."
(The Diatessaron's "Bring forth a stately robe" more-literally reproduces an Aramaic way of saying "Bring forth the best robe.")

Luke 15:22 - But the father said to his servants, 'Pick up the best robe and dress it with it, put a ring on his hand and put on sandals.
Get the best robe - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta and the Greek MHT and TR. The reading of the Greek NA28 reads: "Get the best robe quickly!"

Diatessaron 26:23
His father said unto his servants, Bring forth a stately robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and put on him shoes on his feet:

Do you think Luke 15:23 originally had:
"Get the fattened ox and slaughter it"?
"Get and slaughter the fattened ox"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "Get and slaughter the fattened ox."

Luke 15:23 - Get the fattened ox and slaughter it. Let us eat and be merry,
Get ... and slaughter it - this is the reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR. The reading of the Aramean Peshitta reads: 'Get and slaughter the fattened ox'.

Diatessaron 26:24
and bring and slay a fatted ox, that we may eat and make merry:

Do you think Luke 15:25 originally had:
"he heard music and dancing"?
"he heard the sound of many singing"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "he heard the sound of many singing."

Luke 15:25 - But his oldest son was on the field. When he came and approached the house, he heard many people singing.
heard many people sing - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The lecture of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'music and dance'.

Diatessaron 26:26
Now his eider son was in the field; and when he came and drew near to the house, he heard the sound of many singing. And he called one of the lads, and asked him what this was.

Luke 15:25
(Berean Literal) And his elder son was in the field, and while coming up, he drew near to the house; he heard music and dancing.
(Aramaic Bible in Plain English) But his older son was in the field and as he came, he approached the house and he heard the sound of many people singing.
(Young's Literal) 'And his elder son was in a field, and as, coming, he drew nigh to the house, he heard music and dancing,

Do you think Luke 16:6 originally had:
"Fifty measures"?
merely "Fifty"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "Fifty measures."

Luke 16:6 - He replied, "A hundred measures of oil!" (Then) he said to him: "Take your debt, sit down quickly and write: Fifty bars."
He replied - literally, "He said to him."
bars - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta, where the word 'matryan' is used. In the Greek NA28, MHT and TR we read 'bath', a measure that we also encounter in the OT. A bath is a measure of liquids, while the 'efa' was originally a measure of solids. Both the 'efa' and the 'bath' are 22 liters, but others speak of 35 liters or even more. The word βατους (batbatos›) is taken from the Hebrew word 'bath' which is usually translated in this verse as: 'vessels'. But essentially it is not a Greek word, nor does it appear anywhere else, not even in the LXX. Moreover, in the Greek NT, the word occurs only in this verse, and the well-known Jewish historian Josephus uses the Greek word only when explaining this verse. In the Greek NA28, MHT and TR that word is missing after the word 'Fifty', while we do find the word 'measures' in the Aramean Peshitta.
debt - literally: 'your book' or: 'your notebook'. Only in the Greek NA28 is this word in the plural.

Diatessaron 26:39
And he called one after another of his lord's debtors, and said to the first, How much owest thou my lord? He said unto him, An hundred portions of oil. He said unto him, Take thy writing, and sit down, and write quickly fifty portions.

Do you think Luke 16:9 originally had:
"finished/ spent/ exhausted"? "short"?
"their tents"? "the tents"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "finished/ spent/ exhausted" and "their tents."

Luke 16:9 - I also say to you, "Make yourself friends with this money of iniquity, that when it is finished, they will receive you in their eternal tents." ”
when it is finished - in the Aramean Peshitta it literally says: 'when it is spent'. The reading of the Greek MHT and TR reads "when it is short" or "when you are short."
their ... tents - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The lecture of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'the ... tents.'

Diatessaron 26:42
And I also say unto you, Make unto yourselves friends with the wealth of this unrighteousness; so that, when it is exhausted, they may receive you into their tents for ever.

Do you think Luke 16:14 originally had "because"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "because."

Luke 16:14 - When the Pharisees heard all this, they mocked Him because they loved money.
because they ... ' - this text is part of the Aramaic Peshitta, but is missing from the Greek NA28, MHT and TR.

Diatessaron 29:12
And when the Pharisees heard all this, because of their love for wealth they scoffed at him.

Luke 16:14
(Berean Literal) Now the Pharisees, being lovers of money, were listening to all these things, and they were ridiculing Him.
(Aramaic Bible in Plain English) But when the Pharisees heard all these things, they were mocking him because they loved money.
(Young's Literal) And also the Pharisees, being lovers of money, were hearing all these things, and were deriding him,
Do you think Luke 16:15 originally had:  "Jesus"? "He"?

Luke 16:15 - Jesus said to them, “You justify yourself to men, but GOD knows your hearts, because what is highly regarded by men is an abomination to GOD.

Diatessaron 29:13
And Jesus knew what was in their hearts, and said unto them, Ye are they that justify yourselves before men; while God knows your hearts: the thing that is lofty with men is base before God.

Do you think Luke 16:24 originally had:
"loud voice"?  merely "voice"?
"wet/moisten my tongue"?  "cool my tongue"?
"my father Abraham"?  merely "father Abraham"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "loud voice," "wet/moisten my tongue," and "my father Abraham."

Luke 16:24 - He cried aloud, "Father Abraham, have mercy on me. Send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water to wet my tongue, for I am in pain in this flame(s). "
       loud - literally: 'with a loud voice', after the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. In the reading of the Greek MHT and TR it says: "He called and said".
       to immerse - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'to cool down'.

Diatessaron 29:19
And he called with a loud voice, and said, My father Abraham, have mercy upon me, and send Lazarus to wet the tip of his finger with water, and moisten my tongue for me; for, behold, I am burned in this flame.

Luke 16:24 
(Berean Literal) And having cried out, he said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me and send Lazarus, that he might dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am suffering in this flame.'
(Young's Literal) and having cried, he said, Father Abraham, deal kindly with me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and may cool my tongue, because I am distressed in this flame.
(KJV) And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

(Aramaic Bible in Plain English) "And he called in a loud voice and he said, 'My father, Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazar to dip the tip of his finger in water and moisten my tongue for me; behold, I am suffering in this flame.' "
(Etheridge) And he cried with a high voice, and said, My father Abraham, have compassion upon me, and send Loózar, that he may dip the top of his finger in waters, and moisten my tongue; for, behold, I am tormented in this flame.
(Murdock) And he called with a loud voice, and said: Abraham, my father, have pity on me; and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and moisten my tongue; for, lo, I am tormented in this flame.
(APNT) And he cried with a loud voice and said, ‘My father Abraham, have compassion on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and to moisten my tongue for me, for, behold, I am tormented in this flame.’

Do you think Luke 16:30 originally had:  "my father"?  simply "father"? 

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "my father."

Luke 16:30 - But he said, "No, my father Abraham, if any of the dead go to them, they will repent!"
       my father - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'father'.

Diatessaron 29:25
He said unto him, Nay, my father Abraham: but let a man from the dead go unto them, and they will repent.

Do you think Luke 16:31 originally had:
"they will not believe him"?
"they will not be convinced"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "they will not believe him."

Luke 16:31 - Abraham said to him, "If they do not listen to Moses and the prophets, they will not believe in him, even though someone rose from the dead!"”
       they will not believe in him either - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'they will not be convinced either'.

Diatessaron 29:26
Abraham said unto him, If they listen neither to Moses nor to the prophets, neither if a man from the dead rose would they believe him.

Do you think Luke 17:6 originally had:  
"He said"?  "the Lord said"?
(if 'He said':  do you consider "the Lord said" a theological embellishment in Greek mss.?)

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "He said."

Luke 17:6 - He said to them, "If you had faith like a mustard seed, you would say to this mulberry tree, 'Get uprooted and planted in the sea!' And he would obey you."
       He said to them - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. ....

Diatessaron 33:10
He said unto them, If there be in you faith like a grain of mustard, ye shall say to this fig tree, Be thou torn up, and be thou planted in the sea; and it will obey you. 

Luke 17:6
(Berean Literal) And the Lord said, "If you have faith like a grain of mustard, you would have said to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and be planted in the sea,' and it would have obeyed you.
(Aramaic Bible in Plain English) He said to them, “If you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you may say to this sycamore tree, 'Be uprooted and be planted in the sea', and it would obey you.”
(Young's Literal) and the Lord said, 'If ye had faith as a grain of mustard, ye would have said to this sycamine, Be uprooted, and be planted in the sea, and it would have obeyed you.
Do you think Luke 17:33 originally had:
"save his life... lose his life"?
"save his life... lose it"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "save his life... lose his life."

Luke 17:33 - Whoever wants to save his life will lose it,
and whoever will lose his life will save it.
his life - in the reading of the Aramean Peshitta the word occurs twice. In the reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR, it is omitted in the second part of the verse and replaced by "it."

Diatessaron 42:46
Whosoever shall desire to save his life shall destroy it:
but whosoever shall destroy his life shall save it.

Luke 17:33
(Berean Literal) Whoever may seek to save his life will lose it;
but whoever will lose _it_ will preserve it.
(Aramaic Bible in Plain English) “Whoever chooses to save his life shall lose it,
and whoever will lose his life shall find it.”
(Young's Literal) Whoever may seek to save his life, shall lose it;
and whoever may lose it, shall preserve it.

=========================================
Do you think Luke 18:14 originally had:
"much more than that Pharisee"?
"unlike the other"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "much more than that Pharisee."

Luke 18:14 - I tell you that this one justifiedly descended to his house, much more than that Pharisee. For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted."
much more than that Pharisee - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'unlike the other'.

Diatessaron 32:21
I say unto you, that this man went down justified to his house more than the Pharisee. Every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and every one that abaseth himself shall be exalted.

How would you render the Greek NA28 Luke 18:28?
Do you think Luke 18:28 originally had:
"Simon Cephas"? merely "Cephas"?
"said to him"? merely "said"?
"everything"? "ours"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "Simon Cephas" and "said to him" and "everything."

Luke 18:28 - Simeon Kifa said to Him, "Behold, we have left everything behind and followed You."
everything - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta and of the Greek MHT and TR. The reading of the Greek NA28 reads: 'ours'.

Diatessaron 29:6
Simon Cephas said unto him, Lo, we have left everything, and followed thee; what is it, thinkest thou, that we shall have?

Luke 18:28
https://biblehub.com/luke/18-28.htm
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/sea...rsion=dlnt
https://biblehub.com/interlinear/luke/18-28.htm
https://biblehub.com/texts/luke/18-28.htm
(Berean Literal) And Peter said, "Behold, we having left the own, followed You."
(Aramaic Bible in Plain English) Shimeon Kaypha said to him, “Behold, we have left everything and we have come after you.”
(Disciples’ Literal NT)
And Peter said, “Behold— we, having left _our_ own _things_, followed You”.
(W&H, NA28 variants)
Εἶπεν δὲ ὁ Πέτρος Ἰδοὺ ἡμεῖς ἀφέντες τὰ ἴδια ἠκολουθήσαμέν σοι.

Do you think Luke 19:3 originally had: "because Zacchaeus"? "because he"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "because Zacchaeus."

Luke 19:3 - He wanted to see who Jesus was, (but) was unable to do so by the crowd (people), because Zacchaeus was small in stature.
Zacchaeus - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The Greek NA28, MHT and TR read: 'he'.

Diatessaron 31:17
And he desired to see Jesus who he was; and he was not able for the pressure of the crowd, because Zacchaeus was little of stature.
Do you think Luke 19:4 originally had "Jesus"?

Luke 19:4 - (Therefore) he ran before Jesus and climbed into a wild fig tree to see Him, for He was going to pass by.
Jesus - the name is only part of the text of the Aramean Peshitta, but not of the reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR which reads 'he ran forward'.

Diatessaron 31:18
And he hastened, and went before Jesus, and went up into an unripe fig tree to see Jesus: for he was to pass thus.

Do you think Luke 19:5 originally had "saw him"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "saw him."

Luke 19:5 - When Jesus arrived at that place, He looked up and saw him. He said to him, "Zacchaeus, come down quickly, for I must be in your house today!"
saw him - these words are part of the reading of the Aramean Peshitta and the Greek MHT and TR, but they do not appear in the reading of the Greek NA28.

Diatessaron 31:19
And when Jesus came to that place, he saw him, and said unto him, Make haste, and come down, Zacchaeus: to-day I must be in thy house.

Do you think Luke 19:8 originally had:
"Jesus"? "the Lord"? (if 'Jesus,' do you consider 'the Lord' a theological embellishment in Greek mss.?)
Did Zacchaeus say: "my Lord"? merely "Lord"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "Jesus" and "my Lord."

Luke 19:8 - Zacchaeus rose and said to Jesus, "Behold, my Lord, I give half of my possessions to the poor, and every one that I have taken I will pay fourfold!"
Jesus - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'the Lord'.
my Lord - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. In the reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR it says: 'Lord'.

Diatessaron 31:22
So Zacchaeus stood, and said unto Jesus, My Lord, now half of my possessions I give to the poor, and what I have unjustly taken from every man I give him fourfold.

When Jesus spoke what became Luke 19:17, do you think he literally said:
"in small/ in a little"?
"in the least"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "in small/ in a little" (which is an Aramaic way of saying "in the least").

Luke 19:17 - He said to him, "Well done, good servant. Because you in little proved to be reliable, you will be ruler of ten cities."
in little - literally: 'in small', after the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'in the least'.

Diatessaron 31:42
The king said unto him, Thou good and faithful servant, who hast been found faithful in a little, be thou set over ten districts.

Do you think Luke 19:18 originally had:
"my lord"? merely "lord"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "my lord."

Luke 19:18 - The second came and said, "My lord, your pound has made five pounds."
My lord - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'lord'.

Diatessaron 31:43
And the second came, and said, My lord, thy portion hath gained five portions.

Do you think Luke 19:20 originally had:
"my lord"? merely "lord"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "my lord."

Luke 19:20 - And another came and said, "My lord, behold, here is your pound which I have put in a fine linen cloth.
My lord - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'lord'.

Diatessaron 31:45
And another came, and said, My lord, here is thy portion, which was with me laid by in a napkin:

Do you think Luke 19:25 originally had:
"our lord"? merely "lord"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "our lord."

Luke 19:25 - They said to him, "Our Lord, he has (already) ten pounds?"
Our Lord - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'Lord'.

Diatessaron 31:50
They said unto him, Our lord, he hath ten shares.

Do you think Luke 19:26 originally had:
"he said to them"?
"I say to you"?

Do you think Luke 19:26's "to every one...." was said by:
the lord in Jesus' parable?
Jesus toward the crowd hearing his parable, in answer to a question from the crowd?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "he said to them."

Luke 19:26
(Etheridge) He saith to them, I tell you, that to every one who hath (it) shall be given; and from him who hath not, that also which he hath shall be taken.
(Murdock) He said to them: I tell you, that to every one that hath, will be given; and from him that hath not, even what he hath will be taken away.
(KJV) For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.

Diatessaron 31:51
He said unto them, I say unto you, Every one that hath shall be given unto; and he that hath not, that which he hath also shall be taken from him.
Do you think Luke 19:34 originally had:
"They said to them"? merely "They said"?
"the Lord"? "our Lord"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "They said to them" and "our Lord."

Luke 19:34 - They said to them, "Our Lord needs it!"
They said to him, "Our Lord ... - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: "They said: The Lord ..."

Diatessaron 39:28
They said unto them, We seek them for our Lord.

Do you think Luke 19:43 originally had "cast/build around you a barricade/rampart"?

Neither the Peshitta nor the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "cast/build around you a barricade/rampart."

Luke 19:43 - There will come days for your enemies to surround you and corner you from all sides,
that your enemies will surround you - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: "that your enemies will build a rampart around you and surround you."

Diatessaron 39:40
There shall come unto thee days when thine enemies
shall encompass thee,
and straiten thee from every quarter,

Luke 19:43
(Berean Literal)
For days will come upon you that your enemies
will cast around you a barricade,
and will surround you
and will hem you in on every side.
(Aramaic Bible in Plain English)
“The days shall come to you when your enemies
shall surround you
and they shall press you in from every side.”
(Young's Literal)
'Because days shall come upon thee, and thine enemies
shall cast around thee a rampart,
and compass thee round,
and press thee on every side,

Do you think Luke 20:20 originally had:
"the judge"? "the government"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "the judge."

Luke 20:20 - They sent spies to Him who pretended to be righteous to catch Him on a word and turn Him over to the judge and to the power of the governor.
the judge - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'the government'.

Diatessaron 34:1
Then went the Pharisees and considered how they might ensnare him in a word, and deliver him into the power of the judge, and into the power of the ruler.

Do you think Luke 20:34 originally explicitly mentioned "women"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron explicitly mention "women."

Luke 20:34 - Jesus said to them, “The sons of this world marry women, and women are married off to men.
The sons ... married off - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. For 'getting married' it literally means 'taking' and for 'getting married' it literally means 'given', but in the text context our translation is appropriate. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'The children of this century get married and are married off'. Incidentally, the word 'century' is also translated as 'world'.

Diatessaron 34:17
Jesus answered and said unto them, Is it not for this that ye have erred, because ye know not the scriptures, nor the power of God?
And the sons of this world take wives, and the women become the men's;

Do you think Luke 20:35 originally explicitly mentioned "women"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron explicitly mention "women."

Luke 20:35 - But those who are worthy of that world and the resurrection from the abode of the dead do not themselves marry (marry), nor will women belong to men.
do not take women ... and neither will men belong to women - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The Greek NA28, MHT and TR read: "Will not marry and will not be married off."

Diatessaron 34:18
but those that have become worthy of that world, and the resurrection from among the dead, do not take wives, and the women also do not become the men's.

Luke 20:43 didn't make it into the Diatessaron.

Luke 20:43 - until I put your enemies under your feet."
your enemies under your feet - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: "Your enemies into a footstool under your feet ..." The quotation from Ps. 110:1 occurs 7 times in the NT namely in Mt. 22:44, Mk. 12:36, Lk. 20:43, Hd. 2:35, Heb. 1:13, Heb. 10:13 and 1 Cor. 15:25. Bauscher writes about this that in 4 of the 7 cases the text of the Peshitta does not correspond to that of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR and in 3 cases it does. In one case the Aramaic NT of the Peshitta corresponds to the Hebrew OT (‹the Tanakh›) and to the Aramaic OT of the Peshitta and also to the LXX, namely in Hd. 2:35 where the lectures are all similar. On further investigation, the Greek text appears to be a translation of Aramaic rather than the other way around.

Do you think "I AM" belongs anywhere in the NT, and if so, where?

Luke 21:8 - He said to them, "Be careful not to be tempted, for many will come in My Name and say, 'I AM the Christ!' and 'The time has come!' Don't go after them.
against them - this text is all in the reading of the Aramean Peshitta.
I-AM - in Aramaic the text is: 'Ena Na', an Aramaic idiom that is used in 97% of the 147 occurrences of the words in the Aramaic OT, to indicate the 'signature' of GOD as in: 'I AM the LORD', 'I AM the First and the Last', 'I AM GOD' and others. In the Greek NA28, MHT and TR we find here 'ego eimi' that has no 'idiomatic charge'. With the idiom "Ena Na", the Peshitta gains expression in verses such as Jh. 8:24, 6:51 and all the 24 I AM statements we find in the NT.
Do you think Luke 21:15 originally had
"cannot contradict or resist"?
"cannot beat"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have only 1 item after "cannot."

Luke 21:15 - For I will give you mouth and wisdom that your enemies cannot beat.
that your enemies cannot compete with - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. More literally, it says "that all your enemies cannot stand." From the Greek NA28, MHT and TR the lecture reads: "that all your enemies cannot contradict or resist". Sometimes in Greek the last two verbs are reversed in order.

Diatessaron 41:49
Lay it to your heart, not to be anxious before the time what ye shall say: and I shall give you understanding and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay. And then shall they deliver you unto constraint, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations because of my name.

Do you think Luke 21:21 originally had:
"in the villages"?
"on the fields"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "in the villages."

Luke 21:21 - Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains and those who are in the midst of them, and let those who are in the villages not enter.
in its midst - that is, in the middle of Jerusalem.
in the villages - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'on the fields'.

Diatessaron 42:2
Those then that are in Judaea at that time shall flee to the mountain; and those that are within her shall flee; and those that are in the villages shall not enter her.

When Jesus spoke what became Luke 21:25, do you think he literally said "clasping/rubbing of hands"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "clasping/rubbing of hands."

Luke 21:25 - There will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars, and on the earth there will be tribulation of the nations and (one will) join hands in bewilderment at the roaring of the sea,
and ... join hands - literally: 'and clapping hands'. It is an Aramaic idiom, a visual expression for 'being very anxious'.
the roaring - literally: 'the sound'.
explanation - the translation follows the text of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR insofar as it deviates from Aramaic, reads: "and on earth there will be distress of the nations by the sound of the sea and the waves."

Diatessaron 42:19
And there shall be signs in the sun and the moon and the stars; and upon the earth affliction of the nations, and rubbing of hands for the confusion of the noise of the sea, and an earthquake: the souls of men shall go forth from fear of that which is to come upon the earth.

Luke 21:25
(Berean Literal) And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars; and upon the earth distress of nations with perplexity, sea roaring and surge rolling,
(Aramaic Bible in Plain English) And there shall be signs in the sun and in the moon and in the stars and in the earth, suffering of nations and clasping of hands, from the alarm of the sound of the sea,
(Young's Literal) And there shall be signs in sun, and moon, and stars, and on the land is distress of nations with perplexity, sea and billow roaring;

Do you think Luke 21:26 originally referred to an earthquake?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron speak of an earthquake.

Luke 21:26 - and an earthquake that will shrink the souls of men for fear of what will come upon the earth, and the powers of the heavens will shake.
and an earthquake ... will shrink - the translation follows the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. Literally translated, it says: "... will chase away" or "... will drive out". It is not certain that 'earthquake' is the correct translation of the Aramaic word, but in our choice we were partly guided by the words of Op. 16:18. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: "and people will hold their breath for fear of what will come upon the earth and ..."

Diatessaron 42:20
and an earthquake: the souls of men shall go forth from fear of that which is to come upon the earth. And in those days, straightway after the distress of those days, the sun shall become dark, and the moon shall not shew its light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of heaven shall be convulsed:

Luke 21:26
(Berean Literal) men fainting from fear and expectation of that which is coming on the earth. For the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
(Aramaic Bible in Plain English) And an earthquake which drives out the souls of the children of men by the terror of whatever is going to come on the earth, and the hosts of the Heavens shall be shaken.
(Douay-Rheims) Men withering away for fear, and expectation of what shall come upon the whole world. For the powers of heaven shall be moved;
(Young's Literal) men fainting at heart from fear, and expectation of the things coming on the world, for the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.

Do you think Luke 21:28 originally had:
"take heart"? "be of good cheer"? "bend back"? "look up"?

The Peshitta has "take heart," and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron has the similar "be of good cheer."
The Berean Literal renders "look up," while the Young's Literal renders the similar "bend back."

Luke 21:28 - When these things begin to happen, take heart and lift up your heads, for your Atonement is at hand."
take heart - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'focus on'.

Diatessaron 42:24
But when these things begin to be, be of good cheer, and lift up your heads; for your salvation is come near.

Luke 21:28
(Berean Literal) And of these things beginning to come to pass, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near."
(Aramaic Bible in Plain English) But whenever these things begin to happen, take heart and lift up your heads, because your salvation draws near.”
(Young's Literal) and these things beginning to happen bend yourselves back, and lift up your heads, because your redemption doth draw nigh.'

Do you think Luke 21:38 originally had:
"to hear his word"?
"to hear him"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "to hear his word."

Luke 21:38 - And all the people came (in the morning) to Him early in the Temple to hear His Word.
to hear his Word - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'to listen to Him'.

Diatessaron 40:25
And all the people came to him in the morning in the temple, to hear his word.

Luke 21:38
(Berean Literal) And all the people would come to Him early in the morning in the temple, to hear Him.
(Aramaic Bible in Plain English) And all the people were coming early to him to The Temple to hear his word.
(Young's Literal) and all the people were coming early unto him in the temple to hear him.

Do you think Luke 22:4 originally had "the scribes... the temple"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "the scribes... the temple."

Luke 22:4 - He went and spoke with the chief priests and the scribes and the leaders of the Temple Guard to deliver Him to them.
the scribes - this text is missing from the reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR, but it does appear in the Aramaic Peshitta.
from the Temple Guard - this text is missing from the Greek NA28, MHT and TR, but it does appear in the Aramean Peshitta.

Diatessaron 44:7
And he went away, and communed with the chief priests, and the scribes, and those that held command in the temple, and said unto them, What would ye pay me, and I will deliver him unto you?

Luke 22:4
(Berean Literal) And having gone away, he spoke with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray Him to them.
(Aramaic Bible in Plain English) And he went and spoke with the Chief Priests and the Scribes and the Commanders of the forces of The Temple so as to deliver him to them.
(Young's Literal) and he, having gone away, spake with the chief priests and the magistrates, how he might deliver him up to them,
Do you agree that Greek mss. explicitly give translations of Aramaic in John 1:43, 1:42, and 1:39?

Do you think Luke 22:8 originally had:
"Jesus sent"? "He sent"?
"said to them"? merely "saying"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "Jesus sent" and "said to them."

Luke 22:8 - Jesus sent Kifa and John (out) and said to them, "Go and prepare the Passing by (sacrifice) for us to eat (that)."
Jesus sent ... against them - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: "He sent out Kifa and John and said".
Kifa - in Aramaic Peshitta the reading of the name is always 'Kefas' or: 'Cefas'. In Jh. 1:43 we can read that "Kifa" is a translation of "Kefas" as we do in Jh. 1:42 can read that 'Christ' is the translation of 'Messiah', while in Jh. 1:39 read that "Master" is a translation of "Rabbi." This gives thought to the question of which language was spoken at that time, but also to the question whether the Aramaic Peshitta, which uses the original names, preceded the Greek text.

Diatessaron 44:35
And Jesus sent two of his disciples, Cephas and John, and said unto them, Go and make ready for us the passover, that we may eat.

Luke 22:8
(Berean Literal) And He sent Peter and John, having said, "Having gone, prepare the Passover for us, that we might eat it."
(Aramaic Bible in Plain English) And Yeshua sent Yohannan and Kaypha and he said to them, “Go prepare for us to eat the Passover.”
(Young's Literal) and he sent Peter and John, saying, 'Having gone on, prepare to us the passover, that we may eat;'

Do you think Luke 22:31 originally had:
"the Lord said"? "Jesus said"? "Jesus said to Simeon"?
(if 'Jesus said,' do you consider 'the Lord said' a theological embellishment in Greek mss.?)

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "Jesus said to Simeon."

Luke 22:31 - Jesus said to Simeon, “Simeon, Simeon, behold, Satan has tried to sift you as wheat. [the 2nd 'Simeon' there should be chopped]
Jesus said to Simeon - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. In the Greek NA28 this text is missing in its entirety, while the reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'And the Lord said'.

Diatessaron 45:17
And Jesus said unto Simon, Simon, behold, Satan asketh that he may sift you like wheat: but I entreat for thee, that thou lose not thy faith:
Do you think Luke 22:43-44 belongs in the NT?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have it.

Luke 22:43-44 - (Then) an angel from heaven appeared to Him, (who) strengthened Him.
He was very afraid and prayed fervently and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the earth.
explanation - the Greek NA28 edition of the NT indicates that verses 43 and 44 are not found in all source texts. It is even concluded that it is doubtful whether these verses are really part of the root text. This is not easy to judge. We have to be extra careful here because this would put two important details of Jesus in Gethsemane out of Scripture, namely, the appearance of an angel to Jesus and the sweat of Jesus in Gethsemane's blood. Moreover, these texts are present in many manuscripts and are also found in writings of Christians from the first centuries. Chr. Also, the absence of a text in a particular manuscript is not an easy assessment. Thus missing vs. 43 and 44, for example, in the 12th century, minus 826, but at the same time the history of the adulteress in Jh. 7: 53-8:11 in the front of that minus but in a very different place, namely behind Lk. 21:38. This section is also considered questionable by the Greek NA28. The verses mentioned are, however, part of the Aramaic Peshitta (‹that claims to be the original text of the NT›), as well as of various Greek manuscripts and the texts are also mentioned by the so-called church fathers.

Diatessaron 48:16
And there appeared unto him an angel from heaven, encouraging him.
And being afraid he prayed continuously: and his sweat became like a stream of blood, and fell on the ground.
Do you think Luke 22:61 originally had:
"Kifa... and Simeon"? "Kifa... and Kifa"?
"our Lord"? "the Lord"?
"three times today"? merely "three times"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "Kifa... and Simeon," "our Lord," and merely "three times."

Luke 22:61 - Jesus turned and looked at Kifa. And Simeon remembered the word that our Lord had spoken to him: "Before the cock crows, you will deny Me three times!"
Simeon - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'Kifa'.
the word that our Lord had spoken to him - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: "the word of the Lord, how He said to Him."
you will deny Me three times - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta and of the Greek MHT and TR. The reading of the Greek NA28 reads: "will you deny Me three times today".

Diatessaron 49:16
And in that hour Jesus turned, he being without, and looked stedfastly at Cephas. And Simon remembered the word of our Lord, which he said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And Simon went forth without, and wept bitterly.

==========================================
Do you think Luke 22:65 originally mentioned:
slander/ false accusations? blasphemy?
(if 'slander,' do you consider reference to blasphemy a theological embellishment in Greek mss.?)

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron refer to slander.

Luke 22:65 - With (many) other things they slandered and spoke against Him.
With ... against Him - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: "And many other blasphemous things they said to Him."

Diatessaron 49:42
And the soldiers struck him on his cheeks, and said, Prophesy unto us, thou Messiah: who is he that struck thee? And many other things spake they falsely, and said against him.

Do you think Luke 22:67 originally had:
"they said to Him"?
merely "they said"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "they said to Him."

Luke 22:67 - They said to Him, "If You are the Christ, tell us!" He said to them, "If I tell you, you will not believe Me,
They said to Him - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The Greek NA28, MHT and TR read: 'They said'.

Diatessaron 49:31
And they took him up into their assembly, and said unto him, If thou art the Messiah, tell us. He said unto them, If I tell you, ye will not believe me: and if I ask you, ye will not answer me a word, nor let me go.

Do you think Luke 23:2 originally had:
"the people"?
"our people"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "our people."

Luke 23:2 - They began to accuse Him, saying, "We have established that He tempts and forbids our people from giving the poll tax jointly and severally and says of Himself that He is the King, the Christ!"
our people - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta and the Greek NA28. The Greek MHT and TR read: 'the people'.

Diatessaron 49:47
They answered and said unto him, If he had not been doing evils, neither should we have delivered him up unto thee. We found this man leading our people astray, and restraining from giving tribute to Caesar, and saying of himself that he is the King, the Messiah.
Do you think Luke 23:5 originally had:
"our people"?
"the people"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "our people."

Luke 23:5 - But they shouted and said, "He stirs up our people and carries out his teaching throughout Judea. He has (thus) started in Galilee to this point. ”
our people - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'the people'.

Diatessaron 50:2
But they cried out and said, He hath disquieted our people with his teaching in all Judaea, and he began from Galilee and unto this place.
Do you think Luke 23:40 originally had:
"answering... rebuking... saying"?
"rebuked him and said"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "rebuked him and said."

Luke 23:40 - But his (destiny) companion rebuked him and said,
"Don't you even fear GOD, because you have received the same judgment?
But his ... rebuked him and said - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: "But the other answered and rebuked him."

Diatessaron 51:45
But his comrade rebuked him, and said,
Dost thou not even fear God, being thyself also in this condemnation?

Luke 23:40
(Berean Literal) And the other answering, was rebuking him, saying,
"Do you not even fear God, that you are under the same judgment,
(King James) But the other answering rebuked him, saying,
Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
(Aramaic Bible in Plain English) And his companion rebuked him and he said to him,
"Are you not even afraid of God? For you also are in condemnation with him.
(Young's Literal) And the other answering, was rebuking him, saying,
'Dost thou not even fear God, that thou art in the same judgment?

================================
Do you think Luke 23:46 originally had:
"my Father"
merely "Father"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "my Father."

Luke 23:46 - Jesus called out in a loud voice and said,
"My Father, I put my Spirit in your hands!"
When He had said this, He surrendered (to Him).
My Father - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'Father'.

Diatessaron 52:7
And Jesus cried again with a loud voice, and said,
My Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.
He said that, and bowed his head, and gave up his spirit.

Do you think Luke 24:4 originally had:
"above them"? "'with them"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "above them."

Luke 24:4 - While they marveled at this, behold, two men stood above them in shining robes.
above them - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'with them'.

Diatessaron 53:1
And while they marvelled at that, behold, two men standing above them, their raiment shining:

Do you think Luke 24:11 originally had:
"these words"? "their words"?
an explicit mention of "eyes"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "these words" and explicitly mention "eyes."

Luke 24:11 - (But) they considered these words madness and they did not believe them.
considered - literally: "they looked into their eyes." ..
these words - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta and the Greek NA28. The reading of the Greek MHT and TR reads 'their words'.

Diatessaron 53:38
And they, when they heard them say that he was alive and had appeared unto them, did not believe them: and these sayings were before their eyes as the sayings of madness.

Luke 24:11
(Berean Literal) And their words appeared before them like folly, and they did not believe them.
(Aramaic Bible in Plain English) And these words appeared as insanity in their eyes and they did not believe them.
(Young's Literal) and their sayings appeared before them as idle talk, and they were not believing them.

Do you think Luke 24:15 originally had:
"Jesus came to them and walked"?
"Jesus came, met them, and walked with them"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "Jesus came, met them, and walked with them."

Luke 24:15 - As they talked and conferred, Jesus came and walked with them.
Jesus came to them and walked with them - this is the reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR. The reading of the Aramean Peshitta is something else: 'Jesus came, he met them and walked with them (<mee).'

Diatessaron 53:41
And during the time of their talking and inquiring with one another, Jesus came and reached them, and walked with them.

Do you think Luke 24:31 originally had:
"taken from them"?
"became invisible to them"?

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron have "taken from them."

Luke 24:31 - Immediately their eyes were opened and they recognized Him. (Then) He was taken from them.
Immediately ... taken away - this is the reading of the Aramean Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: "And their eyes were opened and they recognized Him. And He became invisible to them. "

Diatessaron 53:57
and straightway their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he was taken away from them.

Luke 24:31
(Berean Literal) And their eyes were opened, and they knew Him. And He being seen, vanished from them.
(Young's Literal) and their eyes were opened, and they recognized him, and he became unseen by them.
(Disciples’ Literal NT) And their eyes were opened, and they recognized Him. And He became invisible from them.