Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
book of Hebrews: better from Greek, or Aramaic?
Do you think Mt 27:9 originally said "Jeremiah"?
(if 'no': do you consider "Jeremiah" an embellishment in Greek mss.?)

Both the Peshitta and the by-A.D. 175 Diatessaron lack the erroneous "Jeremiah."

Matthew 27:9
https://biblehub.com/matthew/27-9.htm
(Berean Literal) Then was fulfilled that having been spoken by the prophet Jeremiah, saying, "And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of the One having been priced, whom they set a price on by the sons of Israel,
(Young's Literal) Then was fulfilled that spoken through Jeremiah the prophet, saying, 'And I took the thirty silverlings, the price of him who hath been priced, whom they of the sons of Israel did price,
(Aramaic Bible in Plain English) Then was fulfilled what was spoken by the Prophet who said, “I took thirty silver coins, the price of The Precious One on which they of the children of Israel had agreed.

Diatessaron 51:13
Therein was fulfilled the saying in the prophet which said, I took thirty pieces of money, the price of the precious one, which was fixed by the children of Israel; and I paid them for the plain of the potter, as the Lord commanded me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: book of Hebrews: better from Greek, or Aramaic? - by DavidFord - 05-21-2020, 12:15 PM