Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
book of Hebrews: better from Greek, or Aramaic?
For Mk 16, what is "the most trusted manuscript identified by majority scholars"?

PDF on The endings of Mark
http://www.willker.de/wie/TCG/
The manuscript evidence
NA28 Mark 16:8 ....
a) No ending: 01, B, Sy-S, sams, armmss45%, geo2, Eusmss, Hiermss
b) long ending with intro: f1, 22, pc8, armmss15%
c) some other comment: al59+
d) only the short ending: k
e) only long ending: A, C, D, K, P, X, D, Q, f13, 28, 33, 565, 700, 892, 1071, Maj, Lat, Sy-C?, Sy-P, Sy-H, bo, armmss40%, geoB, goth, Eusmss, Bois
f) expanded long ending: W, Hiermss
g) first short then long ending: L, Y, 083, 099, 274mg, 579, L1602, Sy-Hmg, sa, bomss, aethmss
h) first long then short ending: none !
Sy-C: begins only with verse 17. Thus it is not clear if the short ending was originally present.
B: no umlaut

The Ending of Mark as a Canonical Crisis, Puritan Reformed Journal Vol. 10, No. 1 (January 2018): 31-54
https://www.academia.edu/35682700/The_En...2018_31-54
This article, however, will question the wisdom of the rejection of Mark 16:9–20, and call for a renewal of consensus on this ending as the fitting canonical conclusion to Mark’s Gospel.

WM 98: The Ending of Mark, Syriac, and Metzger
http://www.jeffriddle.net/2018/07/wm-98-...tzger.html
The odd empty column at the ending of Mark in Codex Vaticanus
http://www.jeffriddle.net/2015/02/the-od...-mark.html

======================================================================.
"Square brackets [as in this example] are used in the CVB to alert the reader that this text does not appear in the most trusted manuscript identified by majority scholars, or may possibly an ancient gloss."

Which if any of these are "possibly an ancient gloss"?:
"which when translated, means Dorcas"
'which means, being interpreted, “Girl, I tell you, get up.” '
'That is, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” '
'that is to say, given to God;”' '
'that is, “Be opened!” '
"the son of Timaeus"
"(which is to say, being interpreted, Teacher)"
"(which is, being interpreted, Christ)"
"(which is by interpretation, Peter)"
"(he who is called Christ)"
"(which means “Sent”)"

9:36 Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which when translated, means Dorcas. This woman was full of good works and acts of mercy which she did.

5:41 Taking the child by the hand, he said to her, “Talitha cumi;” which means, being interpreted, “Girl, I tell you, get up.”

27:46 About the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lima sabachthani?” That is, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”

7:11 But you say, ‘If a man tells his father or his mother, “Whatever profit you might have received from me is Corban, that is to say, given to God;”'

7:34 Looking up to heaven, he sighed, and said to him, “Ephphatha!” that is, “Be opened!”

10:46 They came to Jericho. As he went out from Jericho, with his disciples and a great multitude, the son of Timaeus, Bartimaeus, a blind beggar, was sitting by the road.

1:38 Jesus turned, and saw them following, and said to them, “What are you looking for?” They said to him, “Rabbi” (which is to say, being interpreted, Teacher), “Where are you staying?” ....
1:41 He first found his own brother, Simon, and said to him, “We have found the Messiah!” (which is, being interpreted, Christ). 1:42 He brought him to Jesus. Jesus looked at him, and said, “You are Simon the son of Jonah. You shall be called Cephas” (which is by interpretation, Peter).

4:25 The woman said to him, “I know that Messiah comes,” (he who is called Christ). “When he has come, he will declare to us all things.”

9:7 and said to him, “Go, wash in the pool of Siloam” (which means “Sent”). So he went away, washed, and came back seeing.

Mark 5:41 (NASB) Taking the child by the hand, He said to her, "Talitha kum!" (which translated means, "Little girl, I say to you, get up!").
John 1:38 (Berean Literal Bible) Then Jesus having turned and having beheld them following, says to them, "What do you seek?" And they said to Him, "Rabbi" (which being translated is to say Teacher), "where are You staying?"
John 1:41 (Berean Literal Bible) He first finds the own brother Simon and says to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which is translated Christ).
John 1:42 (NIV) And he brought him to Jesus. Jesus looked at him and said, "You are Simon son of John. You will be called Cephas" (which, when translated, is Peter).
John 9:7 (NASB) and said to him, "Go, wash in the pool of Siloam " (which is translated, Sent). So he went away and washed, and came back seeing.
Acts 9:36 (Berean Study Bible) In Joppa there was a disciple named Tabitha (which is translated as Dorcas), who was always occupied with works of kindness and charity.

Messages In This Thread
RE: book of Hebrews: better from Greek, or Aramaic? - by DavidFord - 12-24-2019, 02:48 AM