Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
book of Hebrews: better from Greek, or Aramaic?
"human sacrifice is FORBIDDEN IN THE TORAH, so it's highly doubtful that some man died for your sins"
Misguided humans killed Yeshua the Meshikha. Is animal sacrifice permitted by the Torah? If 'yes,' to what end/purpose?

"I think the Torah is not clear as to why G-d desires animal sacrifice"
Did God at one point desire animal sacrifices?
Does God currently desire animal sacrifices?
Are you doing animal sacrifices?
"To me, the idea of giving back to G-d by sacrificing an animal does not make any sense.... Why would G-d permit it when what really matters to G-d is giving Him your heart, and obeying His laws?"
Do you disagree with anything below?

Matthew 22 (based on the Paul Younan translation from the original Aramaic), http://dukhrana.com
34. But the Pharisees, when they heard that he [Yeshua the Meshikha] had silenced the Zaduqia, they assembled together. 35. And one of them who knew the namusa [rules; customs; traditions; Torah] asked testing him, 36. "Malpana [Teacher], which commandment in the namusa is greatest?" 37. And Yeshua said to him,
"That 'you should love MrYa [Master YHWH] Allahak [your Allaha]
with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might and with all your mind.'
38. This is the first and the greatest commandment.
39. And the second is like it:
that 'you should love your neighbor as yourself.'
40. On these two commandments hang the Aurayta [Torah] and the nabia [prophets]."

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
How many gods were involved in the creation of man? ('let us make man in our image')
"He was speaking to the angels. It's the royal 'We'"
Do you think God made man in the image of angels? What is "the royal 'We'"?
In Gen 3:22, of what does "us" consist?

Genesis 1 (JPS Tanakh 1917), https://biblehub.com/jps/genesis/1.htm
26 And God said: *‘Let us make man in our image, after our likeness;* and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.’ 27 And God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.

Genesis 3:22 (JPS Tanakh 1917), https://biblehub.com/jps/genesis/3.htm
And the LORD God said: ‘Behold, *the man is become as one of us,* to know good and evil; and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever.’

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
What's the identity of the individual Mal 3:1 said would "suddenly come to the temple of the LORD"? ("the Lord, whom ye seek"?)
What's the identity of the individual who "is like a refiner’s fire and like fullers’ soap; For he shall return to refine and purify the people like silver"?
Re: God's saying, "I will come near to you for judgment," did that already occur, and if so, when?

Malachi 3 (Peshitta Tanakh, Lamsa translation), http://superbook.org/LAMSA/MAL/mal3.htm
1 BEHOLD, I will send my messenger and he shall prepare the way before me;
and *he for whom you are waiting shall suddenly come to the temple of the LORD,*
*even the messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight;*
behold, he shall come, says the LORD of hosts.
2 But who can endure the day of his coming?
And who can stand when he appears?
For *he is like a refiner’s fire and like fullers’ soap;*
3 For *he shall return to refine and purify the people like silver;*
and *he shall cleanse the sons of Levi and purge them like gold and silver, that they may offer to the LORD an offering in righteousness.*
4 Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant to the LORD, as in the days of old and as in former years.
5 And *I will come near to you for judgment;*
and *I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers and against the adulterers and against those who swear falsely and against those who defraud the laborer of his wages, the stranger, the orphan, and the widow;*
and those who turn aside him who turns to me, and do not fear me, says the LORD of hosts.

Malachi 3 (JPS Tanakh 1917), https://biblehub.com/jps/malachi/3.htm
1 Behold, I send My messenger,
And he shall clear the way before Me;
And *the Lord, whom ye seek,*
*Will suddenly come to His temple,*
And the messenger of the covenant,
Whom ye delight in,
Behold, he cometh,
Saith the LORD of hosts.
2 But who may abide the day of his coming?
And who shall stand when he appeareth?
For he is like a refiner’s fire,
And like fullers’ soap;
3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver;
And he shall purify the sons of Levi,
And purge them as gold and silver;
And there shall be they that shall offer unto the LORD
Offerings in righteousness.
4 Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem
Be pleasant unto the LORD,
As in the days of old,
And as in ancient years.
5 And *I will come near to you to judgment;*
And *I will be a swift witness*
*Against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers,*
*And against false swearers;*
*And against those that oppress* the hireling in his wages,
The widow, and the fatherless,
And that turn aside the stranger from his right,
And fear not Me,
Saith the LORD of hosts.

Messages In This Thread
RE: book of Hebrews: better from Greek, or Aramaic? - by DavidFord - 03-27-2019, 01:45 AM