Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
book of Hebrews: better from Greek, or Aramaic?
What's the identity of "the angel of the LORD" here?:
Exodus 3 (JPS Tanakh 1917), https://biblehub.com/jps/exodus/3.htm
1 Now Moses was keeping the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian; and he led the flock to the farthest end of the wilderness, and came to the mountain of God, unto Horeb. 2 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush; and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed. 3 And Moses said: ‘I will turn aside now, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.’ 4 And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said: ‘Moses, Moses.’ And he said: ‘Here am I.’ 5 And He said: ‘Draw not nigh hither; put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.’ 6 Moreover He said: ‘I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.’ And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God. 7 And the LORD said....

"what's called the Septuagint today was translated by Christians and is hopelessly corrupted"
3 examples of that corruption? In Qumran Cave 4 there were discovered many instances of a Hebrew mss. tradition that matches the LXX and doesn't match the Masoretic. There are over 500 instances where the LXX Torah is identical to the Samaritan Pentateuch, and differ from the corrupt Masoretic.

Messages In This Thread
RE: book of Hebrews: better from Greek, or Aramaic? - by DavidFord - 03-08-2019, 04:31 AM