Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Heiser the Deceiver
I title this thread after the one posted in 2003, Metzger the deceiver (Text. Crit.) because it's the same lie being told but from a different liar, Dr. Micheal Heiser, the popular biblical scholar and darling of "middle-earth Christianity" as he would call it. I could write a book on the myriad deceptions Heiser engages in but I'll just focus on what he said re Aramaic NT, but first a quick revisit of the lie Dr. Metzger told in 1992 from the above link:

"We have no records in manuscript form of the gospels in Aramaic. There are no Aramaic documents of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John left. All we have are Greek documents of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John."

Twenty-five years later, Heiser makes a similar assertion in the midst of responding to a question about the original language of Jesus in his podcast from August 12, 2017:

"It just makes no sense to have an Aramaic New Testament is what I'm getting at. Again, maybe Matthew, maybe Mark... an early Gospel or something like that. But even if it makes sense for those two books, we don't actually have any manuscript evidence for it."

Here's the transcript, discussion begins on page 8.

I also like how during the discussion he plays dumb wondering why in God's green earth people would be so interested in the original language of the NT if it was Aramaic anyways, and implies there might be something wrong or "unusual" about people who care about this issue... meanwhile he has a PhD in Hebrew to study the underlying text of the OT! What a joke!! This kind of insulting deception (and it's a pattern from him, but he's slicker than most) just further confirms to me that there is indeed an ongoing, concerted effort to keep people away from investigating the Aramaic NT and keep the superstructure of institutional lies standing as long as possible. But I wouldn't think for a minute that those who make it past the gatekeepers are home-free.. NO, there are deceivers, SPIES, inside the court too masquerading as brethren, some being officious and insinuate themselves as teachers while trampling the scriptures with their man-made traditions and imaginations, including on this board. The apostles dealt with them in their day and show us their tactics that we might be wise to them:

And in regard to the false brethren, who had crept in to spy out the liberty we have in Jesus the Messiah, in order to bring me under subjection [or "us under subjection" first person, plural: דנשׁעבדונני]; not for the space of an hour, did we throw ourselves into subjection to them; so that the truth of the gospel might remain with you. And they who were esteemed prominent, (what they were, I care not; for God regardeth not the persons of men,)—even these persons added nothing to me. (Gal 2:4-6 MRD, notes in brackets)

These actors -- SPIES -- leveraged whatever popularity or reputation they assumed, those popular in a given community and now 'the media' in today's terms (often linked to intelligence services and therefore SPIES), to ensnare their targets by persuading them to follow man-made teachings, in this case from Judaizers (Gal 1.6-11; 2.16). Paul reminded them: "But I make known to you, my brethren, that the gospel announced by me, was not from man."

John exposes another tactic of such SPIES that he calls "antichrists" (2.18, 22) when he describes how they COPY the sayings and IMITATE sentiments of believers (imitators, paying cheap lip service) in his first letter defending the gospel truth against early man-made gnostic teachings/traditions:

He that saith, "I am in him," is bound to walk according to his walkings. (1Jo 2.6 MRD)

Whoever therefore shall say that he is "in the light," and hateth his brother, is in darkness until now. (1Jo 2.9 MRD)

For he that saith, "I know him," and doth not keep his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. (1Jo 2.4 MRD)

And this is his commandment, that we believe on the name of his Son Jesus the Messiah, and that we love one another as he hath commanded us. (1Jo 3.23 MRD, my emphasis)

John was exposing false brethren antichrists teaching Gnosticism and Paul was exposing false brethren spies teaching to keep the law of Moses. This pincer attack from antichrist spies using man's teachings and traditions to undermine the simple gospel truth that was already in effect in the times of the apostles is stronger than ever and taken to whole new levels with the global WWWiretap, Total Information Awareness, botnets, troll farms, multi billion dollar black budgets for DoD/spycraft, media control and AI systems (imitation Sophia/Wisdom) analyzing everything in cyberspace to infiltrate groups they don't control and cutoff any new movements. If you're Christian, you're being targeted. Scriptures teach us to be watchful of the subtle serpent lest you lose your royal garments of glory and be found naked and ashamed (Gen 2.15, 3.7; Num 20.24-26; Mark 14.38, 51-2; Rev 16.15; 1John 3.2 = Ps 104.1-2)

Enter ye in by the strait gate; for wide is the gate and broad the way which leadeth to destruction; and many are they that walk in it. How narrow the gate and strait the way that leadeth to life, and few they who find it! (Mat 7.13-4)

There's nothing really new and we were always warned.

Behold, I send you forth as sheep among wolves. Therefore be ye shrewd as serpents, and guileless as doves. (Mat 10:16 MRD)
"All that openeth the matrix is mine" -Exodus 34.19a