Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Mystery Revealed: Gospel of Mark tracks the 7 Churches in the Book of Revelation
Quote:Sestir, you want to know why should the Book of Revelation be canonized if men are prone to misinterpreting it… well, what about the Book of Daniel?

This sounds like two JW elders who visited me recently and tried to explain to me that I hadn't actually gained any knowledge by means of my studies, but all I had found was a lot of questions that I needed them to answer. No, I do not want to know why the Book of Revelation should be canonized. I want there to be enough bibles in circulation that completely omit and ignore the Book of Revelation, and enough denominations that reject it, so that we can convince media, lawmakers and others that the Book of Revelation doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the Bible, if we need to.
Yes, I like to ask questions but I can state an opinion too if you insist. ;)

When it comes to the book of Daniel I thought I had found a nice parallell until I read it in Greek and Aramaic. I still think it is a parallell, but the two passages have few if any expressions in common.

Daniel 7:28 (ESV, emphasis is mine)
Here is the end of the matter. As for me, Daniel, my thoughts greatly alarmed me, and my color changed, but I kept the matter in my heart.

Mark 16:8 (ESV, emphasis is mine)
And they went out and fled from the tomb, for trembling and astonishment had seized them, and they said nothing to anyone, for they were afraid.

Daniel 7:28 is the last verse of the Aramaic part of the book and it explicitly says that something ends there. The apocalyptic matter is chiefly located in the following Hebrew language chapters.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-17-2016, 10:18 PM
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-18-2016, 10:34 AM
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-22-2016, 08:07 PM
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-23-2016, 12:56 PM
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-25-2016, 03:41 PM