Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Mystery Revealed: Gospel of Mark tracks the 7 Churches in the Book of Revelation
(04-21-2016, 03:49 AM)Thirdwoe Wrote: That must have taken some time, Greg. Was it all in vain? I see you have been reading some books on the end times for a few years now.

I used to put some stock into the dispensational type of hermeneutics that imagines a 3 1/2 or 7 year tribulation period preceding Christ's 2nd coming, when He is imagined to perform a secret rapture of the Church, and a thousand year period ensues afterward, where death on earth continues, even after Christ returns, and long before the creation of the new Heavens and new Earth.

That is until I got serious and actually looked at these ideas in light of what The Scriptures actually say... and until I found that the interpretations that John Darby came up with in the 1800s were never taught by anyone until he imagined them. Scofield's notes in his popular study bible in the early 1900s spread Darby's ideas far and wide, and many people, such as Hal Lindsey and recently Timothy Lahaye have made lots of hay (and cash) out of Darby's ideas.

I no longer subscribe to those publications.

The Scripture is very clear that Christ will return exactly on The Last Day, (a day which no man knows) and that day just happens to be The Judgment Day, when everyone in their graves will be raised, both those who died in Christ, and the wicked dead. The catching up, of those alive in Christ at that time, will not take place until the dead in Christ are first raised. There are no more days after that last day...it is eternity from that point onward.

I hope it's sooner rather than later... Smile

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for your message.  Yes, sooner than later Smile

As you probably know, I read the Aramaic very, very literally.  And I’m a non-denominational Christian.

So for better or worse, I read all of these verses literally:

• Revelation 14:1, "And I saw and behold, the Lamb standing on the Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who have his name upon them and the name of his Father written between their eyes."
  • Revelation 16:15, “Behold, I come like a thief. Blessed is he who watches and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.”
  • Revelation 19:11, “And I saw heaven opened and behold, a white horse, and he who sat upon it is called faithful and true, and in righteousness he judges and he makes war.
  • Revelation 20:6-7, “Blessed and holy is he, whoever has death.  In the first resurrection, and upon these, the second death has no authority. But they shall be priests of Alha and of The Messiah, and they shall reign with him one thousand years. And when that one thousand years are complete, Satan will be released from his imprisonment.”
  • Revelation 21:2-3, “And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, descending from heaven from within Alha, prepared like a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice from heaven that said, "Behold, the dwelling of Alha is with the children of men, and he dwells with them and they shall be his people and Alha is with them and shall be to them Alha.”
  • Revelation 21:23, “And The Lamb and the city do not need the sun or the moon to illuminate it, for the glory of Alha illuminates it, and The Lamb is its lamp.”
  • Revelation 22:3, “And no curse shall be there, and the throne of Alha and of The Lamb shall be in it, and his Servants shall serve him.”
  • Revelation 22:12, “Behold, I come at once, and my reward is with me, and I shall give to every person according to his work.”

Regarding any possible rapture, I don’t know.  I haven’t found any clues for that personally.  I think that if anyone is going to enjoy a safe passage, it would only be the 144,000 females described in Revelation 14?

As for the Millennial Reign, I don’t expect that Yahshua will be physically appearing here on earth (much), but rather He will rule from his dwelling in heaven during those 1000 years stated literally in the text.

I actually haven’t read any of those modern authors you mentioned, and I don't know who John Darby is, but I do hear what you’re saying about the risk of date-setting etc.  Frankly I don’t even know what the word dispensational means -- I’ll type it into google though in a moment to find out.   My goal is to focus solely on the gospel text.

It’s really this simple: I just read the Aramaic text of the gospel and publish insights acquired during word study, and this brings me happiness and a feeling of purpose in Yahshua.  Everything I publish is public domain -- I wouldn't even dream of charging a single ܫܡܘܢܐ   I don't mean to say I fault everyone who does though; I understand of course why some must to pay the bills.  I just have a different calling.

If this word study bears fruit, then so it is.  The Father gives men different callings.  I understand my work will not resonate with everyone, and I’m totally fine with that of course.  Indeed, I think each man is better suited with an upright heart and a misguided head than vice-versa, because ultimately the only head that navigates correctly anyway is Yahshua’s.

I see synchronicities in life constantly, centered around faith and bible reading.  I know that Yahshua is the center of our story here and now, and this helps me focus on where I stand/fall in relation to His story.  When I see a synchronicity in my life, it is usually personal, so I don't share it publicly.  But here with this word study, the synchronicity is with two books of the bible, so it is necessary to share this finding.   I trust this research will bear fruit in time for bible students of gospel harmony.  Indeed, it's also another item of evidence toward the proof that the Book of Revelation is an inspired text.

Matthew 13:28-37, “But learn an allegory from the fig tree: whenever its branches are tender and its leaves bud, you know that summer has arrived. Thus also whenever you see these things happen, know that it is near, at the door. Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass until all of these things will come to pass. The heavens and the earth will pass away, and my words will not pass away. But of that day and of that hour no man knows, neither the angels of heaven, neither The Son, but The Father only.  Take heed, watch and pray, for you do not know when that time is. It is like a man who traveled abroad and left his house and gave authority to his servants and to each man his work and he commanded the gatekeeper to be watchful. Watch therefore, for you do not know when the Master of the house comes, in the evening or at midnight or at cockcrow or in the morning. Lest suddenly he come and find you sleeping. But what I say to you, I say the same to you all: 'Be watching.'”

But if, as you suggested was possible, this work has been in vain, then so it shall be.  Matthew 6:28-34, “Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow without laboring or weaving. But I say to you, not even Solomon in all his glory was clothed like one of these. But if Alha so clothes the grass of the field that is today and will fall into the oven tomorrow, does he not multiply more to you, Oh small of faith? Therefore do not be concerned or say, ''What will we eat?', or ''What will we drink?', or, ''What will we wear'? For the peoples of this world are seeking all these things, but your Father who is in Heaven knows that all these things are necessary for you. But seek first the Kingdom of Alha and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Therefore you shall not be concerned about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be concerned for itself. A day's own trouble is sufficient for it.

Thank you again for your thoughts.  And in particular, if you have any thoughts on the actual study findings themselves (regarding Aramaic word connections), please do feel free to share...

Greg

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-17-2016, 10:18 PM
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-18-2016, 10:34 AM
RE: A Mystery Revealed: Gospel of Mark tracks the 7 Churches in the Book of Revelation - by gregglaser - 04-21-2016, 04:15 PM
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-22-2016, 08:07 PM
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-23-2016, 12:56 PM
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-25-2016, 03:41 PM