Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Peshitta Interlinear and Plain English modules for E-Sword
(02-12-2016, 10:23 AM)Thirdwoe Wrote: Hi Dave, may there be Grace and Peace for you as well.

Did you change texts? I have your Estrangela 1st edition here. Same text in Estrangela and in Hebrew letters, correct? If it is the same text, that all your editions are translated from, then it is the UBS text, and that is not a true Peshitta document. It is a mixture, a hybrid text.

Shlomo Akhi,

I have not yet seen convincing arguments that the khabouris (eastern version copy) is the only, unaltered, perfect version In which we should leave out even the 5 books or John 8 etc.
I do agree that a fine translation can be made from the UBS, since that is a critical text. The text assemblers, are and were not conspiring to alter the text to be 'western' and 'Greek-minded' again, I have not seen a conspiracy or mindset for that in the UBS. In the UBS there is enough difference with -any- Greek text to see it is a unique text.
Also, in the past at this forum, I have asked to 'khabouris-purists' what differences exactly there are between the UBS and the khabouris, there are just a few 10 or 20 remarkable but no theology changed differences (except for 2 verses) and some hundred minor differences? If that is all? What are we talking about? That God only protected HIS word in Nineve, in Mosul and say, Babel where the Eastern Church historically resided? I don't buy that....

Yours

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Peshitta Interlinear and Plain English modules for E-Sword - by distazo - 02-21-2016, 02:55 PM