Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Error in Peshitta 1Co. 5:8? - Leavened Bread
Brother Thomas,

I don't have any problem with you eating lakhma patira on the evening of the 14th of Nissan this coming spring. But, if you say that it was during the start of the 14th day of the 1st month that spring when Mshikha and His Talmide ate together, then you would be mistaken of course.

You said that you hadn't looked at everything in The Scriptures carefully, so, please do a closer study of The Scriptures on this matter, Brother, and hopefully you will see that it was not during the end of the 14th and start of the 15th day, but rather, the evening before, at the start of the 14th day, when Mshikha blessed and broke the lakhma. It was the end of the 13th day of the month, and start of the 14th day, during that evening/morning, not the next evening/morning 14th/15th, when The Passover meal was commanded to be eaten, as prescribed by the Law of Moses.

They ate no paschal lamb that evening of the 13th, and start of the 14th day. The lambs were not killed on the 13th day, which were to be slaughtered the next day, the 14th day, leading up to the 15th day, the evening/twilight of the 14th day, when they were to eat the paschal lambs.

It seems you want to be careful, and not just hold to the traditions of men, so please, study this matter out closer, and I pray that you can see the truth of it all.

And I know that you need to see it for yourself, and not just be told what the truth of the matter is, so here are just a few clues for you to look at, and you can go from there. You seem to be a studious person, so, put all the pieces together, and don't leave anything out, and hopefully you will be able to see it.

Please read John 18:28, 19:14, 19:31 and Matthew 26:3-5. Also, please read Exodus 12:15, 18, Leviticus 23:6 and Numbers 28:17 and notice when the 7 days of unleavened bread were to begin.

Notice all the wording carefully, Brother, then perhaps you can see what day/evening it was when they reclined and ate that night; when Mshikha broke the lakhma, and called it His Body.

Shlama

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible Error in Peshitta 1Co. 5:8? - Leavened Bread - by Thirdwoe - 12-06-2015, 02:21 AM