Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Error in Peshitta 1Co. 5:8? - Leavened Bread
Shalom Thomas,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and understanding, although I know you did not want to get into that aspect of this. I do (as I am enabled) try to look at all the text from its Semitic foundation, although of course, there is a lifetime of learning to be had in the process.

As most postings, which end up in argumentation and lashon hara, tend to only focus on what is disagreeable, and I do not wish to entertain that, I would like to share what I agree with in your post:

1. Leaven must be removed before Pesach begins, not after. Since unleavened bread was eaten with the Pesach sacrifice, the actual day it was removed was on the 14th.

2. Moses did indeed give instruction using different vantage points, or angles, as you put it. For example, in Exodus, Leviticus, and Numbers, unleavened bread is to be eaten for 7 days. In Deuteronomy, it is to be eaten for 6 days. This appears to be a contradiction, but is not.

3. I have read somewhat of the חגיגה (' little celebration portion' is how I translate it, from the root חג) in the Babylonian Talmud, and agree at least that it does tie in with what took place during that time. This is where further research on my part is needed.

There are things in the accounts which still pose problems for me accepting that the Last Supper was a Passover meal, among them being the point I and Thirdwoe brought out concerning the bread they ate, as well as having Yeshua die after the Passover lambs were killed, not at the same time, if Yeshua did indeed eat the slaughtered Passover lamb the night before. All in all though, I continue to search and look at other points and if I recognize something that causes me to realize a different understanding, by all means I am willing to embrace it.

Thank you again,

Ronen

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible Error in Peshitta 1Co. 5:8? - Leavened Bread - by gregoryfl - 11-07-2015, 11:19 AM