Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam the original Gabra
Shlama Stephen,

For myself, I take very seriously how other people may take what I write or say. I truly mean it when I say that I do not wish anyone to come away reading my posts as having been misled. If that is what is gained, then I have failed in my intent. While in my younger years I used to love to debate and try to get others to see things my way, while others are great at that and enjoy it, it (the love of it as well as the ability) has been taken from me.

Because of that, I probably will not hash things out if I sense that things might get argumentative. For me it is not worth it to either get frustrated or cause frustration by that type of interchange. You might have seen that in one of my other posts concerning the translation I have been working on. For the most part, it is considered bad hermeneutics and not worth investing time into. While I disagree, I also respect that when someone brings something new to the table, it is often and rightly met with skepticism. It is what keeps us from being suckers with every wind of teaching. That is why I did not press any further to try and show why I think people should give the principles I am using in that translation an honest look.

With regard to this post, my basic reason for sharing that Khawah came from Adam is because some believe (and I currently do as well) that Eve was in Adam in the sense that he, as a human, exhibited male and female characteristics, and that God, in envisioning Khawah as a separate person, formed another person from Adams' side, and presumably separated the femaleness from him for her to possess.

I agree that the wheel and car analogy is not exactly the same, and I should have put more thought into it before I posted. Ultimately though, the spirit of my post was to lend support to what Paul has shared concerning the meanings of gowra. Perhaps, in light of the plain meaning of the text, it might be better worded that Adam was created (yet failed in Eden) to be the gowra (both guardian and husband) of Khawa.

Messages In This Thread
Adam the original Gabra - by gregoryfl - 01-16-2015, 06:18 PM
Re: Adam the original Gabra - by Stephen Silver - 01-16-2015, 08:25 PM
Re: Adam the original Gabra - by gregoryfl - 01-16-2015, 08:55 PM
Re: Adam the original Gabra - by Stephen Silver - 01-16-2015, 10:50 PM
Re: Adam the original Gabra - by gregoryfl - 01-16-2015, 11:20 PM
Re: Adam the original Gabra - by Stephen Silver - 01-16-2015, 11:42 PM
Re: Adam the original Gabra - by gregoryfl - 01-17-2015, 12:19 AM
Re: Adam the original Gabra - by Stephen Silver - 01-17-2015, 01:59 AM
Re: Adam the original Gabra - by aux - 01-18-2015, 07:47 AM