Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Primacy Proofs Refuted (Six and counting)
Quote:Still, that is tampering. I don't think it is possible to know which wordplays were used, after 200 years. It is very likely they, as the apostles could write (Acts 15 also shows that), simply wrote down what Yeshua said.

The sample where I wrote about 'do not hang earrings to dogs' even does not work in Syriac/Assyrian dialect. So, no scribe could have 'inserted' that willfully.

Distazo, would you mind sharing your understanding of the origin of the Peshitta text, as I'm curious to see how it compares. I've heard some say that the Peshitta came "directly from the apostles' hands (or their disciples') to the Church of the East sometime between 80-100CE.

Others, like Steve Caruso, I believe, say that the Edessan Syriac was an Eastern dialect and didn't come until about 200CE, so the Peshitta could not have been the original autograph or even close to it. If you'd like to share some insights I'd be appareciative.

Thomas

Messages In This Thread
Re: Primacy Proofs Refuted (Six and counting) - by Thomas - 01-14-2015, 04:43 AM