Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to learn Syriac for cheap or free?
And Charley (Thirdwoe) and I have an ongoing tiff it seems (the Johnny Snow to my Dr. Horrible? "I'm not your nemesis." :-) ). I can't mention my work without him wrapping everything in scare quotes and crying caveat emptor in an attempt to discredit me even if I mention it in passing, but between the two of us I'm the only one who actually works in the field of Aramaic Studies in a professional capacity. He does not. Galilean is a real dialect, and has a sizable corpus of work written in it -- which to Charley apparently doesn't exist... despite it existing. He's bugged by it. :-)

I must also say thank you for your more tempered and reasonable comments, Dylan (ScorpioSniper2). :-)

Anyways, borota, I do know that there is a PDF of Robinson's Paradigms and Exercises floating about the web, but its copyright isn't up yet (nor will it be for a while). If you do snag it, be sure to purchase a physical copy as well when your means permit. Robinson did a very good job to make it easy to follow and fun.

Peace,
-Steve

Messages In This Thread
Re: Best way to learn Syriac for cheap or free? - by SteveCaruso - 10-17-2014, 12:59 PM