Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The state of the departed
Luc,

Be honest with yourself and with me. You ONLY keep/observe what you believe is applicable for you to keep... and which you can possibly keep of the law of Moses, without the Temple standing. I do as well. If you claim to keep all of Torah, you are lying, and thus you are breaking part of Torah, and when you break one part of Torah, you have broken all of it.

Romans 6:14 "And sin has no authority over you, for, you are not under the Law, but rather, under Grace."

Gal 5:18 "But, if you are led by The Spirit, you are not under The Law."

Also, do you think that Messiah hasn't fulfilled the law, with His Holy Life and Holy Sacrifice, which satisfied God, once and for all concerning our sin debt? He sure has...and We were IN HIM, He as the 2nd Adam, just as we were in the 1st Adam...We once were dead in the 1st Adam, but now we are made Alive in the 2nd Adam.

Messiah has already paid the price, which we owed to God. He has bought us and freed us from being slaves to sin. And in Him, we have died, were buried, and have risen to Eternal Life...and are right now seated with Him on His Heavenly throne!

He is our Head in the Heavens, we are His body in the Earth.

We are not looking for The New Covenant...we are living in it right now! The New Covenant in His Blood, which has taken away ALL our sins. We have been joined with Messiah, and are ONE SPIRIT with Him, and are dead to sin, while being made Alive unto God, in Messiah.

Luc, in Messiah, we have passed from death, and are even now given Eternal life. We will never die. We have been born of The Spirit of God, and Messiah is our Life, who is Eternal Life Himself...We no longer live...but, Messiah lives His Holy Life in and through us, we being His Holy Body, collectively. He is doing His Work in and through is, both the will and the doing of it, according to his pleasure.

So, how does God see us then, Luc?

Think about it. He sees us as being Reconciled unto Him, and He isn't counting our sins against us, for us who have passed from death, unto Life. We are not subject to the curse of the law of sin and death any longer, because we are not under the law, but under Grace. And those who are truly born of God's Holy Spirit are not walking in the flesh any longer, but rather, in The Spirit...and The Blood of Messiah cleanses us from all unrighteousness, covering a multitude of sins.

This is the state we are in, those who are in Messiah, and have truly been united with Him, having become One Spirit with Him. We are called Saints (Holy Ones) in The Scriptures.

Below is a very important passage of Holy Scripture to ponder, regarding this matter:

1 John 3:1-10
And behold how much the love of The Father abounds to us, that he has called us and also has made* us children; because of this, the world does not know us, because it does not know him. Beloved, now we are the children of God, and it has not been revealed until now what we are going to be, but we know that when he has been revealed, we shall be in his likeness, and we shall see him just as what he is. And everyone who has this hope upon him purifies himself, just as he is pure.

But whoever commits sin commits evil, for sin is entirely evil. And you know that he was revealed to take away our sins and there is no sin in him. No one who remains in him commits sin, and no one who sins has seen him, neither has he known him. Children, let no one deceive you; he who does righteousness is righteous even as The Messiah* also is righteous. He who commits sin is from Satan*, because Satan* is a sinner from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this reason: To destroy the works of Satan*. No one who is begotten from God commits sin, because his seed is in him and he is not able to sin because he has been begotten from God. By this the children of God are distinguished from the children of Satan: no one who does not do righteousness, neither loves his brother, is from God.

Here is another very important passage about this matter:

Gal 2:16-21
"we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

But if, in our endeavor to be justified in Christ, we too were found to be sinners, is Christ then a servant of sin? Certainly not! For if I rebuild what I tore down, I prove myself to be a transgressor. For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.

If a person thinks they are born of God's Holy Spirit, and are still sinning all the time, they are deceived, and need to seek God's Truth with all their heart.

Shlama