Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MCHMDM (Song of Songs 5:16)
Shlama all,

I would like to ask about the transliteration of Trilinear Targums at Peshitta.org as follow:
[Image: mahamadim.png]

And pay attention the word I had highlighted.

Tawdee
That?s an open-ended question, which invites?

The word you highlighted in yellow uses the suffix ym like an adverb (?these (plural) qualities?), and the root mKhmd as an adjective, to convey the idea of ?lovely?. If the suffix were modifying the root as a noun, it would render it plural.

Some have claimed this verse identifies that 6th century false-prophet tribal warrior who plundered his way into transient powers while he and his soldiers lasciviously victimized countless children. From the Hebrew alone I can see plainly that such false-prophet is not identified in Song of Songs 5:16 for at least the following two reasons:
  • (1) that false-prophet?s name was spelled with the 5th letter (?hey?) of the Aramaic alphabet (or 6th letter (?ha?) of the Arabic if one prefers) whereas the original Hebrew uses the similar sounding but clearly different 8th letter (?khet?) (which would correspond to the Arabic?s 7th letter (?khaa?))

(2) if a noun (i.e., a name like Mohammed) is used there in Song of Songs 5:16, then the suffix ym renders it plural, which is illogical for a man?s name (MuKhmeds?) and also would not match the name of that 6th century false prophet. To circumvent such an obvious problem, some have claimed the ym is a title of honor, but I do not see such ideas in scripture or even Middle Eastern tradition, but rather dogma of the modern era.

It is the literal text that bears fruit, so consider also?

Notice this other word in Song of Songs 5:16, mmThq, which is also in Nehemiah 8:10. It comes from the root mThq (?sweet? or ?pleasant?), which is used several times in the bible and also refers to a place of the same name mThqh associated with Mt. Hor.

How should it be interpreted? We can see Ezekiel 3:3 uses the same word mThuq:
Ezekiel 3:3-6, ?And He said unto me, 'Son of man, thy belly thou dost feed, and thy bowels thou dost fill with this roll that I am giving unto thee;' and I eat it, and it is in my mouth as honey for sweetness. And He saith unto me, ?Son of man, go, enter in unto the house of Israel, and thou hast spoken with My words unto them. For, not unto a people deep of lip and heavy of tongue are thou sent ? unto the house of Israel; not unto many peoples, deep of lip and heavy of tongue, whose words thou dost not understand.

The verse in Ezekiel advises that sweetness in the mouth is the native language (literally ?tongue?; lShun) of those chosen to receive the word of Alha.

Ezekiel 3:3 also helps one read Revelation 10:9 today? when the angel advises John the Apostle that he will eat the scroll and it will be like honey (dbSha) in his mouth but it will be bitter (nmru) in his stomach. How do we interpret this today in the West? In English, only the surface definitions of the words can be seen. The sweetness of the language of Alha?s chosen cannot be heard or tasted. It is beyond the face of the Western language.

In Proverbs 27:7, we read this word mThuq again, ?Every bitter thing is sweet to one hungry.? And there?s that word bitter again?what?s beyond the surface?

Notice this Aramaic phrase in Rev 10:9 ?will be bitter? (nmru) is a prophetic wordplay for ?leopard? (nmra), as in the third beast in Daniel 7:6 that represents Babylonian power in Greece (or that Greece foreshadowed if you prefer that iteration of prophetic cycles). See also the body of the leopard in Rev 13.

Again, the only tongue that deciphered Samson?s riddle about honey inside the lion was the Hebrew-speaking Samson himself. Scholars say the Philistines spoke a type of mixed Aramaic & Greek, and the bible records that they were unable to decipher the riddle. Now ask logically - was the honey bitter in the lion?s belly when Samson opened it up? No, because the beast was already a carcass when the bees inhabited. But had the lion been alive, who would desire to eat honey from its belly? Inside of an acidic stomach, would that honey not be bitter?

Was it not bitter when the Israelites were carried off as slaves to the living lion of Babylon, and their EabryTh (?Hebrew?, the language believed to ?cross? (Eabr) between earth and heaven) was eaten by the lion? Although forced to speak the language of Babylon (Aramaic), the Hebrews would eventually receive sweetness again in the carcass of that lion, through Yahshua, speaking Aramaic! YHVH is that awesome ? as the Word was given to Yahshua, YHVH put sweet honey (Aramaic) in the carcass of the lion (Babylon). For me, Aramaic without Yahshua is like Greek without Yahshua ? the language is not sweet to me.

It's ironic that Samson?s riddle has been translated to sound sweet in English, ?Out of the eater, something to eat; out of the strong, something sweet." We the modern like our rhymes, fresh from the mouth and right on time. But when do our rhymes deceive us, our assumptions made to lead us?

I think the lion represents wayward Judah taken captive to Babylon, a kingdom represented by a "bitter" name nmrd ("Nimrod"). Spiritually, ?Babylon the Great? (Rome+) and ?Egypt/Sodom? (Israel) are presently usurping the throne of Judah as the Father accomplishes His will through mystery and punishment. Who will separate the ayl (?strong?, ?ram?) from the Eaz (?strong?, ?she-goat?)?

Yahshua is the anointed one, the lion of Judah, chosen to end the reign of she-Babylon?s countless apostate-religions, the wayward goats. At the appointed time, I trust Yahshua to rightfully restore the throne to YHVH?s promised land, a land flowing again with milk and dbSha?

What does Christian flattery and nuclear power and financial hegemony accomplish today for Israel? Or what about Muslim curses and threats to wipe Israel off the map in the name of their 6th century false-prophet tribal-warrior? I reason that all of these men point themselves toward a bitter end. Who among us will deliver even the least of what Yahshua delivered: clean food to those who hunger. We need to also love our persecutors.

The strength and cleverness given to Samson through the lion foreshadows the lion messiah in Rev 5:5, ?Behold, the lion from the tribe of Judah, the root of David has conquered. He will open the book and its seals.? Samson conquered the Philistines, David conquered the Philistines, the messiah will conquer the Philistines. They are a symbol of strong bitterness. The symbols travel across languages into deep paradigms that examine the human character. That?s the point, kl zbn hua.