Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Mishmarot Material
Hello everyone-

1. I'm placing this in the "Aramaic Primacy Forum". It may work better in another Forum, I dunno. If it's better somewhere else ("Try the Trashcan Icon on your desktop, Charlie..."), I'll move it there. I'm runnin' this here because if "Mishmarot" is important - 'N it's common knowledge that I believe it to be so - then this is yet another aspect of the Story that has precisely *Zero* Greek Correlates. The Greek arguments lately appear to be centered around a tacit argument that whatever the First Fully Greek Text of the NT was, THAT'S the one that matters. If that's what you personally believe, OK, but then there is no argument. There is nothing posited to argue about and no Matter of Fact that might sway you - "Internally determined, externally free", as Whitehead used to say. As always, it's MUCH more complicated than that. That's why this Site is here.

2. Matthew 3: 11 (In Part) Alexander:
11. "I am baptizing you with waters of grace, however, the one who is coming after me is mightier than me, whose shoes I am not worthy of removing*...
[[Note:]] *3:11 Lit. Ar. idiomatic expression retained: "I am not worthy to be his servant."

Younan:
I baptize you with water unto repentance but he that after me will come is stronger than me that I am not worthy to remove his sandals...

RSV:
[11] "I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry..

Mark 1: 7: (Younan):
[7] and would preach and say, "Behold, after me comes one who is more powerful who I am not worthy to stoop [and] loosen the straps of his sandals...

(RSV):
[7] And he preached, saying, "After me comes he who is mightier than I, the thong of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie...

Luke 3: 16 (RSV):

[16] John answered them all, "I baptize you with water; but he who is mightier than I is coming, the thong of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie...

With apologies for mis-reading a smooth understanding of the Interlinear, we find that all of the Gospels carry this verse with minor variations... OHHH! I forgot John:

John 1: Verses (RSV):

[15] (John bore witness to him, and cried, "This was he of whom I said, `He who comes after me ranks before me, for he was before me.'")
[19] And this is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, "Who are you?"
[20] He confessed, he did not deny, but confessed, "I am not the Christ."
[21] And they asked him, "What then? Are you Elijah?" He said, "I am not." "Are you the prophet?" And he answered, "No."
[22] They said to him then, "Who are you? Let us have an answer for those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?"
[23] He said, "I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, `Make straight the way of the Lord,' as the prophet Isaiah said."
[24] Now they had been sent from the Pharisees.
[25] They asked him, "Then why are you baptizing, if you are neither the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the prophet?"
[26] John answered them, "I baptize with water; but among you stands one whom you do not know,
[27] even he who comes after me, the thong of whose sandal I am not worthy to untie."
[28] This took place in Bethany beyond the Jordan, where John was baptizing.
[29] The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
[30] This is he of whom I said, `After me comes a man who ranks before me, for he was before me.'
[36] and he looked at Jesus as he walked, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God!"

3. OBVIOUSLY, there is much more in John that I have listed and I ask you to consider that this material is related for a reason and is therefore worthwhile to be examined here in this manner. Note the following:

A. John "bore witness" to someone who comes after, "...and yet be before me" (Younan). The Intentionality of this should be examined. What is John saying here?
B. "The Jews" - always a Hazard in John - send Priests and Levites to question John and he gives a Set of "People He Does Not Represent". The "Priests and Levites' tell us something - This is a matter of Religion and Law and not necessarily the Supersessionist questions that come later. IMPORTANT: This John CONFESSES: "He confessed, he did not deny, but confessed..."
C. "Now they had been sent from the Pharisees." Here is the Story: This may be "Shorthand" for "The Romans" or "The Herodians" here, it doesn't matter. The Pharisees are viscerally hated by the Mishmarot Groups who Serve in the Temple. The Pharisees are corrupt. Just before Jannaeus died he found a way to make his wife Salome become Queen. He told her to give the bureaucracy to the Pharisees and they "...behaved no different than as Lords" (Josephus). The Pharisees are Evil in the eyes of the Temple Groups. The blood of thousands are on the hands of the Pharisees in a Slaughter that did not have to happen.
D. "...even he who comes after me, the thong of whose sandal I am not worthy to untie." Here is the quote seen in the Synoptics. It even has a little extra fragment to it, "...the thong of whose sandal I am not worthy to untie."
This is not just a phrase thrown in to make a more descriptive verse.
E. "Bethany...". Bethany is where "Lazarus" lives, in Chapter 11. "Lazarus" is that other language's version of "Eleazar". As I'm sure that you are tired of reading this, Eleazar is one of 2 people who provide the 24 Mishmarot Groups in 1 Chronicles 24, the other being "Ithamar". More on this in a moment.
F. " Behold, the Lamb of God..." There are several Posts on this and it is important to see what has been done by those Other Language Types: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://lovewins.us/bible/strongs/H563">http://lovewins.us/bible/strongs/H563</a><!-- m -->
Now, I have enough trouble these days with English but I can move between this page for Strong's #H563 and also the next word, Strong's #H564 and see that they are the same. This doesn't work in Greek. The value of these 2 words given as they are from this referenced site is that the "Hebrew" Diacritical Marks (Niqqud) are not given. Niqqud came into use about 500 years later. Therefore, "Lamb" <=> "Immar" <=> "Immer". I suppose it would have been easier to say (Twice!), "Behold, the Lamb of God!" than it would have been to say, "Behold, the 16th Mishmarot Service of the House of Eleazar - of God..." but that is what's happening here.

"After me comes a man who ranks before me, for he was before me." This is why the Pharisees sent Priests and Levites. John has told them that the person who follows him is of the Mishmarot Group Immer, identified as "'mmr-Yah", the lamb of God. This person also states that this person from Immer comes after but is superior to the Group this John may be a member of.

Which Group came before Immer?

That would be "Bilgah". "What does that have to do with anything?":

"Bilgah", Jewish Encyclopedia:

"According to a Talmudic tradition preserved in "Halakot Gedolot" (ed. Hildesheimer, p. 631), Bilgah was assigned to the group which officiated on the second and sixth days of the Feast of Tabernacles. The priests, when entering upon their duties, received their share in the northern part of the Tabernacle, because this was near the seat of their activity. The section assigned to each division of the priesthood was furnished with an iron ring fastened to the floor, for the purpose of securing the animal designed for slaughter, and there were accordingly twenty-four openings in the wall where the knives used for slaughtering were kept. Bilgah alone received his share in the south, his ring being nailed down, and his wall-closet tightly sealed, as a punishment for the apostasy of a woman of that house by the name of Miriam...
"According to another opinion, the priests of Bilgah delayed too long in entering upon the performance of their functions; so that those of the division Jeshebeab were compelled to act in their place, and consequently received the prerogatives of Bilgah (Tos., l.c.; Yer. Suk., end); to which the Jerusalem Talmud adds that in this instance the division Bilgah was neither abolished nor amalgamated with the other twenty-three divisions, because this would have interfered with the ancient institution. "

Bilgah comes before Immer and they have been deprecated and shamed because of something that happened (or didn't happen) on their watch. Their "Iron Ring" (Thong) has been nailed down! Immer lives in a small settlement named "Jabnit" in Upper Galilee and it appears that "Bilgah" has been given Bethany. John,therefore,is of Eleazar, of Bilgah.

CW