Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wikipedia statements about Peshitta
(01-03-2020, 07:23 AM)Thomas Wrote: Just wondering, is anybody here going to do what Otto suggested and provide input on Wikipedia?  I would think that some of the experts around here would want to do that.

I particularly have interest in anyone who would go heads-up against the professionals like Sebastian Brock.  If the professionals are so convinced that the Peshitta was translated from the Greek, I would like to see their evidence.  Frankly, I don't think the Peshitta follows the NA28 / USB5 Greek text, nor that the latter Greek text follows the Peshitta close enough to think that one was the direct product of the other.  Polysemy examples around here don't convince me of anything.

Bottom line, what evidence to those like Sebastian Brock have that the Peshitta was revised from the Greek?  I'd like someone to give me their arguments.  *Surely* the professionals have supplied some kind of evidence to back up their claims.  What is it?  Bring it here and set it before me, if you will.  But as for Wikipedia, why haven't any of you bothered to edit it?

Wallace has a blog in which I posted pro-Peshitta-primacy arguments, until he stopped me-- see below.  He never responded to any of my arguments (unless you count 'be quiet.')
Apparently a global warming expert has tried correcting the Wiki global warming entry numerous times, but each time, his corrections are immediately undone.  Apparently the Intelligent Design Wiki has bogus claims, but as soon as they're corrected, the changes are undone.

Daniel B. Wallace ....@....com
To d....
Dec 21, 2014 at 4:00 PM

I have allowed you to post several lengthy comments about an Aramaic original NT at danielbwallace.com, but it is my policy not to let this blogsite be a place for an individual to advance an ideology or use the site for propaganda. So, you have posted your last comment on this blog.

dbw

Messages In This Thread
Wikipedia statements about Peshitta - by ograabe - 01-24-2014, 01:06 AM
RE: Wikipedia statements about Peshitta - by DavidFord - 01-05-2020, 12:51 AM