Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bibles for people
hi do the new editions of the aent still have all the appendixes, as i want to buy some bibles as we witness on the street. I want to buy some peshitta bibles as they are the best. In the past i brought king james bibles. Now God willing i want to give people the best bibles on the market, peshitta translation. i want math 27-46 to be the right words, my El my El why have ypu spared me' from aent 2009.
hi any recommendations are much appreciated thank you everyone.
Yep, the AENT still has them all. I think the best for witnessing would be Janet Magiera's Aramaic Peshitta New Testament Translation. It is literal but easy to understand. It come in both a standard edition (using Anglicized terminology like "Jesus Christ" and "God") and a Messianic version that uses Aramaic terminology like "Yeshue Meshikha" and "Alaha". The AENT is my favorite translation of the Peshitta though, while the Lamsa Bible is my favorite translation of the full Bible. Murdock and Magiera would probably be the best translations to use in street preaching due to familiar terminology and feel. Roth' s translation, which I will say again that I LOVE, has some theological interpretations that I disagree with and his commentary has an abrasive style to it at times (name-calling like "Christo-Pagan is completely unnecessary).
hi thanks, also looking for a bible that is not too thick and expansive. I need to pray about all this.
In the translation by janet is revelation 2-22 the same as that in aent?
"Behold, I will cast her into a coffin, and them who commit adultery with her into a great affliction, unless they repent of their deeds."- Aramaic English New Testament

"Behold, I will cast her on a bed and those who commit adultery with her into great torment, unless they repent of their works."- Aramaic Peshitta New Testament Translation

I think I do agree with Roth's reading here. It does make more sense in the context.
thanks, considering the warning in chapter 22 of revelation, i want to be careful to get the besttranslation of revelation.