Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyrios vs. Maryah
Shlama all,

For your consideration: 1 Corinthians 12:3 from the GNT reads "no man can say 'Jesus is kyrios' except by the Holy Spirit." The word appears as Maryah (lord YHVH) in Peshitta.

The Greek version of this verse contradicts several instances in the gospel, here are some notable ones:

Mat. 7:21-23 "Not everyone who says unto me 'kyrios, kyrios' will enter the kingdom of heaven.... many will say unto me in that day, 'kyrios, kyrios...' and I will say unto them, 'I never knew you...'" Peshitta has Mari (my master).

How can Yeshua say to these people "I never knew you" if they have the Ruach ha Kodesh? But if they don't have the Holy Spirit, how are they able to call him Kyrios? This is a contradiction in the Greek, but not Aramaic.

Mat. 25:44-46 "and they shall answer him saying, 'Kyrios, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or naked or in prison, that we did not minister to you?' ... and these shall go away into everlasting punishment..." Peshitta has in this verse Maran (our master).

This is very clear. There were to be individuals on the day of judgment who were addressing Yeshua as "lord" but who would be sent into everlasting punishment. This is a direct contradiction of 1 Corinthians 12:3 "no man can say Jesus is lord except by the Holy Spirit."

Peshitta clarifies for us, even though these individuals are calling Yeshua "Mari" or "Maran", they are unable to call him Mar-YAH, because they do not have the Holy Spirit. A proper translation of this verse could read: "No man is able to say, Yeshua is YHVH, except by the Ruach haKodesh." Any lesser translation contradicts the greater testimony of the New Testament.

Shlama,
Brian

Messages In This Thread
Kyrios vs. Maryah - by bknight - 04-30-2013, 08:06 AM
Re: Kyrios vs. Maryah - by Paul Younan - 04-30-2013, 03:23 PM
Re: Kyrios vs. Maryah - by bknight - 05-01-2013, 05:10 AM
Re: Kyrios vs. Maryah - by monalisa - 05-03-2013, 03:45 AM
Re: Kyrios vs. Maryah - by Paul Younan - 05-03-2013, 05:22 AM
Re: Kyrios vs. Maryah - by monalisa - 05-04-2013, 03:56 AM
Re: Kyrios vs. Maryah - by Paul Younan - 05-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Re: Kyrios vs. Maryah - by IPOstapyuk - 05-16-2013, 03:45 PM