Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Yeshua really eat the Passover meal?
I have not studied the Aramaic very much and would like some input on the following topic. I believe Exodus 12 is a prophecy fulfilled by Yeshua.

The Passover Lamb is to be slaughtered on Abib 14. Yeshua was killed on Abib 14 before the High-holy Sabbath which is Abib 15.

Mark 15:42 And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the Sabbath,

Luke 23:54 And that day was the preparation, and the Sabbath drew on.

John 19:31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the Sabbath day, (for that Sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

The lamb is roasted and eaten with unleavened bread on Abib 15 as the sun is setting on Abib 14. Yeshua would have been in the tomb on Abib 15 and could not have eaten the Passover meal.

It took three nights and three days before Yisrael crossed the Red Sea. This was fulfilled by Yeshua who was in the belly of the earth for three nights and three days. Yeshua was born at the beginning of the fourth millennium leaving three millenniums (three days) left before a week is fulfilled.

On the fourth day, they looked back and saw their enemy destroyed in the sea forever. On the fourth day, Yeshua was resurrected by the hand of YHWH completely defeating the enemy of death. At the end of the three millenniums, death and the curse for all of us will be completely destroyed.

The Spirit of YHWH appeared to the children of Yisrael as a cloud by day and pillar of fire by night as their guide out of Egypt on their way to the land of promise. YHWH gave us His Spirit after the resurrection of Yeshua to guide us out of Egypt on our way to the land of promise.

On the second day before Yisrael crossed the Red Sea, the Set-apart Spirit of YHWH posed as a shield between the children of Yisrael and the Egyptian army protecting them from their enemy. On the second millennium after Yeshua?s death, YHWH will be a shield to protect the earth and His people from the enemy during the Sabbath reign.

The first Passover is clearly a prophecy of events that would be fulfilled by Yeshua. If Yeshua perished on Abib 14, then how could he eat the Passover meal with his disciples as described in the following passages?

Matthew 26:17-18 Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread (Abib 14 or 15) the disciples came to Yeshua, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover? And he said, Go into the city to such a man, and say unto him, The Master saith, My time is at hand; I will keep the passover at thy house with my disciples.

Mark 14:12 And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, (Abib 14 or 15) his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?

Luke 22:7-8 Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed (Abib 14 or 15). And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover, that we may eat.

These are contradictions within the accounts themselves. Matthew, Mark and Luke state in one passage that Yeshua perished on Abib 14 before Abib 15, the High-holy Sabbath demonstrating fulfillment of the prophecy in Exodus 12 which agree with John?s testimony. Matthew, Mark and Luke also tell us that Yeshua ate the Passover meal on Abib 15 and perished on the high-holy Sabbath, perishing a day after Abib 14 when all the other Passover lambs are slaughtered. If this part of the testimony is true, Yeshua is not the Messiah because he would not have fulfilled the prophecy in Exodus 12 according to the Word of the Almighty. The evidence is leading me to the conclusion that these are errors in eyewitness accounts. If Yeshua did not eat the Passover with his disciples, then did he really announce the New Covenant? John?s testimony does not even mention this which I would consider pretty significant. This would obviously open a can of worms so I am seeking clarification from my fellow brothers and sisters.
There was a brief discussion on this matter here a couple years ago. The link below was suggested as a possible solution. It links to a book called:
Chronological Aspects of the Life of Christ
Pages 88-92 may help with your question.
http://books.google.com.au/books?id=6z-N...almud+john
If an error appears saying you have reached your viewing limit for the book, click on the blue buttons at the top of the book page to turn the page and then return to the original page. It will work.

Also the author figures a Friday crucifixion. There is some who do not agree with that and conclude either a Wednesday or Thursday crucifixion. Either way, the info looks good to me.

The link to the prior discussion can be found here:
http://www.peshitta.org/forum/viewtopic....eal#p14607

I hope this helps some.
I'm trying to understand the original post, is the problem that is being discussed the fact that Jesus did NOT eat the Passover lamb? Can someone explain this to me in plain English?
It seems to me that the day of unleavened bread was a different day to preparation day? Was the preparation day a Friday, which was also the Passover day? Was the day of unleavened bread a Thursday? And they were preparing to eat the Passover on Thursday night which is considered Friday in those times? So Jesus was crucified on Friday and He ate the Passover lamb the night before (when He was also arrested)?