Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aramaic Text of Revelation Forms Sword and Staff on a Map
Because Revelation 1:4 states that the assemblies are ?in Asia? (b asya), we have the opportunity to deduct something logical -- if conventional Christianity locates all the assemblies in Anatolia (modern day Turkey), why does the literal text direct us to the larger area of ?Asia? and not the specific area of Anatolia? I think it's a valid question, and this 'sword and staff map' provides evidence of an answer ? when conventional Christianity strayed from the literal text of Revelation, it strayed from the protection of Yahshua?s sword and staff.

To my thinking, the sword and staff can represent the dichotomy of division and unity. Just as YHVH brings destruction (the sword) on evil deeds, he also provides peace (the staff) for positive deeds. The idea that the sword divides among the seven churches and the staff shepherds among them can be a reflection of the conflicts of organized religion in the last 2,000 years. Consider the evidence where ruling factions in history are either funded or kept in check by the Roman Catholic Church, and how that one massive church seems to hijack the talents and benevolence of its virtuous people and then pimp them into dogmatic rituals and divisions toward some never-ending pursuit for profit out-of-chaos (where certain people, especially powerful men, seek ever more power and plunder).

Likewise, the early 'Christian' churches killed each other over the trinity doctrine, even oscillating over it as time passed, and this consolidated power in the Catholic Church that promised reconciliation (even though some evidence shows it may have orchestrated or encouraged the very dispute from which it claimed to offer sanctuary). And Muslims and Christians have killed each other over countless land disputes and Abrahamic lineage doctrines (I imagine many of the people who fought these ?holy wars? must have been very angry, and powerful men were able to set up empires accordingly). And for as long as there have been Protestants, we have seen Catholics and Protestants killing and persecuting one another (and themselves from faction to faction) over dogma. For example, compare the protestant view of Catholic inquisitions with the Catholic view of Protestant inquisitions. To my perspective, there is also a man-made sword of religious division in this world that is the antithesis of ?love thy neighbor?.

Yet I?ll venture that in the last 2000 years a small contingent of non-dogmatists have lived on earth and triumphed because of the saga - daring to think freely and to follow the golden rule, choosing radical peace even in the face of radical violence. I?m sure I?m mistaken in my interpretations on more levels than I understand, but at the very least, I do like to hope that peaceful and loving people have existed here on earth, and their stories will be revealed in ways we can?t even yet imagine in the age to come. Consider for example this mathematical connection that occurred to me recently between the golden ratio (phi) and Lazarus in John 11?
  • 15 stadia (astduta) is referenced in John 11:18 as the distance between Yahshua and Lazar.
    15 stadia = 9900 feet.
    9900 feet x the golden ratio phi (1.618) = 16018.
    16018 is symbolic for phi going dead (0 in the middle), then coming back to life. In the gospel of John at chapter 11, Yahshua stayed with Lazar for 2 days while he was alive, then Yahshua departed to Judea and Lazar died, and then when Yahshua returned so did Lazar because Yahshua called him out from the house of the grave.

[Image: fringe_horn_embed.png]

Messages In This Thread
Re: Aramaic Text of Revelation Forms Sword and Staff on a Ma - by gregglaser - 03-12-2013, 11:55 PM