Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transliteration Question
That sounds like a fascinating idea...I know I'm not very well versed in Syriac, but I was thinking that when I got more knowledge of the language that it'd be interesting to revise John W. Etheridge's New Testament, correcting mistranslations, updating the archaic language, and making it agree with the Eastern Peshitta 100% when there is a disagreement between it and the Peshitto. I know Roth did something similar, but I'd like to give more clear credit to the authors to avoid claims of stealing another man's work (even if it is in the public domain). I think I'd call it "Eastern Peshitta New Testament: A Revision of John Wesley Etheridge's Translation of the Syriac New Testament".

I think it'd be interesting to translate Westcott & Hort or Nestle-Ayland's Greek texts, along with the Byzantine text and put it in a parallel edition with a translation of the Peshitta and the Peshitto (which is basically a revised version of the previously mentioned translation, but agreeing always with the Peshitto).

Messages In This Thread
Transliteration Question - by ScorpioSniper2 - 01-24-2013, 02:38 AM
Re: Transliteration Question - by Thirdwoe - 01-24-2013, 03:41 AM
Re: Transliteration Question - by ScorpioSniper2 - 01-24-2013, 04:53 AM
Re: Transliteration Question - by Thirdwoe - 01-24-2013, 05:35 AM
Re: Transliteration Question - by The Texas RAT - 01-24-2013, 09:23 AM
Re: Transliteration Question - by DrawCloser - 01-24-2013, 11:55 PM