Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Review My Statement
:

Pretty good there Otto, though I think that we can't be certain who it was that gave the 1st NT to The Church of the East, in Edessa, or Babylon, which is said to have been visited by Apostle Peter sometime before his Martyrdom about 68 A.D. I think the Aramaic speaking Church, must have had some parts of the NT in the 60s...but we have at least one witness to a colophon at the end of The Gospels, to a 78 A.D. date, which is said to give one of the 70 as the scribe. And it seems that this was only a copy of the Gospels, apart from the other books. Not sure how you might consider this in your statement, but it can be a bit more accurate with what is documented. Perhpas Apostle Thomas hand delivered the copy, which was scribed by one of the 70 who is mentioned there (can't remember his name right now), but can we be sure? And is this the tradition of The Church of the East? If so, it would be neat that this information has been passed down, which is also mentioned in the colophon cited by Mr. Asseman.

Also, at the end of your statement, there is a missing word. "I have copies that can show you if you are interested."

And do you know how we can obtain a copy of The Way international's interlinear version? I hear about it, but have yet to find a way to purchase it.

Shlama,
Chuck

Messages In This Thread
Please Review My Statement - by ograabe - 11-21-2012, 08:36 PM
Re: Please Review My Statement - by Thirdwoe - 11-21-2012, 09:48 PM
Re: Please Review My Statement - by ograabe - 11-21-2012, 10:20 PM
Re: Please Review My Statement - by carlosmendoza - 12-19-2012, 04:10 PM
Re: Please Review My Statement - by Thirdwoe - 12-19-2012, 05:00 PM
Re: Please Review My Statement - by ograabe - 12-19-2012, 05:33 PM
Re: Please Review My Statement - by Thirdwoe - 12-19-2012, 08:07 PM