Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Janet Magiera's "Messianic" and "Christian" Versions
Thirdwoe,

by putting the Y at the front you cause a lot of unlearned people, such as I, to pronounce the Y sound as either Yay or Y' at the beginning of the name.

Anywho, I prefer the original Hebrew form of the name myself - Y'-hoe-shoo-ah. The reason being is that no past transliteration, in any other languages in the past, have portrayed this name accurately. This includes the Aramaic rendering, it does not accurately transliterate the original name 100%. Now perhaps the Anointed One actually had the Aramaic rendering of this name instead of the actual Hebrew name, but I, in my reasoning recon that He would of had the Hebrew Name instead of the Aramaic one. Not saying I am right just my line of thinking leads me to believe such is all. After all the original name meant "he will save". The Y' part was the part making the definition future tense, while the O sound was actually the yod in the root yasha, and if you do away with the O sound you effectively destroy the root word. This is why many teach that when people spell the name as Yah-Shuah they are pronouncing in the Hebrew language "Yah has riches", which while this definition is not incorrect about Yah it is not the original definition of this name especially when it is referring to The Anointed One. In order to keep the root word of salvation (i.e. - yasha) in the name, where by retaining the definition of "He will save" the O must be sounded. Or at least technically that is. Any one can make up a new name and claim it means whatever they want but they must have authority to stick that name on some one in order for it to be their name. We do not have the authority to name The Anointed One, and His Heavenly Father gave Him His Name. I can not help but think being the definition of The Anointed One's Name is to be "He will save" that the root of yasha would need to be intact, whereby the O sound needs be heard when speaking the Name. And being the O sound is the Yohd in yasha morphed into a Waw it needs remain in order not to destroy the root. Let him who has ears to hear - hear.

Anyway I spell it as Yehoshuah or Y'hoshuah, the latter being a more technical way of spelling it.

May,
YHWH bless thee and keep thee;
YHWH cause His face to shine on thee, and be gracious to thee;
YHWH lift up His face to thee, and give thee shalom.

Your brother in Yehoshuah The Anointed One.

will

Messages In This Thread
Re: Janet Magiera's "Messianic" and "Christian" Versions - by The Texas RAT - 10-26-2012, 03:52 AM