Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Translations Compared: Eastern or Western?
Luc Lefebvre Wrote:
ScorpioSniper2 Wrote:Hmmmm...It's a wonder why there has never been a completely Peshitta translation. I don't see why Roth doesn't go ahead and update the 1 Peshitto passage he has in his.
The only reason I can think of is because he doesn't know that Paul made a mistake and thinks that it is simply a variation in Khabouris and that the Eastern text generally reads differently. But, this of course is not the case. Very small variation though. Hade deyn kula dahawat...
Luc, I know it may sound like a lot but it is something you could think about, being you have already wrote the Introduction to the Aramaic text to the AENT, you could quickly edit the public domain Western PeshittO 1905 version unto an Eastern PeshittA Text for public domain. And that way the AENT and any others that would want to use it could. You could even make it as a PDF and post it on the Internet for free downloading. It would not take you 10 minutes to get rid of the Western verses and wording in few places. Of course it would take a little longer to convert the rest of the variant wording that really does not change anything other than spellings here and there. It would be the first TRUE Eastern Aramaic PeshittA Text since the Khaboris Codex in the 10th century. Making a translation is way harder than just editing the Western PeshittO to be the Eastern PeshittA being the Western PeshittO used the Eastern PeshittA as a base Text to start with.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Translations Compared: Eastern or Western? - by The Texas RAT - 12-27-2012, 10:06 AM