Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Let no (pagan) therefore judge you..."
Ah!! I just stumbled into this site and am glad that there is much about Syriac. I am from India, from the extreme South West of India, which is historically called 'Malabar'. Mar Thoma is said to have planted our church in AD 52. I am a Malabar Nazerene and deep into my Jewish heritage in order to witness for Isho. We Malabar Nazerenes have lost much of our heritage and I am (along with many others) struggling to gain lost ground. We are not discouraged. It is not fair to accuse the Portugeese-Vatican for the loss of our heritage, because in about the late AD 1400s and early AD 1500. we were under attack from the Moors-Muslims and it was by the help of the the Portugeese that we retained freedom. Similarly in the late AD 1800s, we were again under attack by a powerful Muslim king and this time we went to the British-Anglicans for help. We won on both the occassions and the price we paid was 'loss of our heritage'.

Now, we are free to choose and we do hope that we would not again be under pagans. Most of the Malabar Nazerenes are from the so called 'Lost 10 Tribes of Israel' and the rest are Jewish immigrants from Yemen (including Cohens). We are fused into one community called 'Malabar Nazerenes' and in it there are various groups and sub-groups. YOu can find me and ones similar to me in the 'Orkut' forum under 'Nasrani Judeo Christians' or in 'Nasrani Syrian Christians'.

Progress is being made by us, but it is slow. We are about 6 million. My email is < <!-- e --><a href="mailto:georgemathew58@hotmail.com">georgemathew58@hotmail.com</a><!-- e --> >. I live and work in Canada but a Citizen of India. I long to make Aliya to Israel.

Messages In This Thread
Re: "Let no (pagan) therefore judge you..." - by georgemathewmathew - 11-04-2012, 03:45 AM