Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Let no (pagan) therefore judge you..."
ScorpioSniper2 Wrote:Many people use Christ's statement that he didn't come to "abolish" (as the King James Version says) the Law of Moses, but that He came to fulfill it. I think a more accurate translation would be that Christ didn't come with the intention of the destroying the Law (as in being its enemy) but He came to fulfill it and complete it. Christ brought a new level of Torah, which is the Law of Christ (Galatians 6:2). He is the One through which YHWH gives us the Law He truly wants for mankind that is written on the hearts of men. Notice how Jesus moves the Torah from merely outward observance, but amplifies it by bringing it into the heart. What the Law could not do, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh.

I think you are missing some points in Matthew 5:17-20. It says in Matthew 5:18 "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." My question is: Is it all fulfilled? Because there are still parts in the Torah that aren't not fulfilled yet, like the relation between Christ and the fall festivals, Yom Teruah, Yom Kippur and Sukkoth. So Torah haven't passed away.

The issue of the heart was always something in the Torah, just see the "Shema" Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. Deuteronomy 6:4-5 So, the issue of the heart in the Torah has been always there, the problem is when we run away from him trying to do our own man-made rules and elevated their teaching as part of the Torah. Yeshua wanted us to be obedient to the Torah with a intention in our hearts as the Torah commands, the apostles gave a lot of clues of that in their writings.

I think Roth is trying to emphasize people outside of covenant. It that time there were a lot of pagans out there trying to stop people for practicing the Sabbath, Festivals and New Moons. Imagine the your friends were pagans and they follow their own pagan festivals (to the greek or romans gods) and then later you became a believer. They will judge you for doing the festivals of Adonai or celebrate the Sabbath.

Messages In This Thread
Re: "Let no (pagan) therefore judge you..." - by carlosmendoza - 05-16-2012, 03:00 PM