Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Let no (pagan) therefore judge you..."
Paul Younan Wrote:
Luc Lefebvre Wrote:Well, what can I say? It's Roth's clarification of the text based on his own theological udnerstanding. While I personally would have kept that particular point to the footnote only, I can't be too hard on Roth because many different translations insert words left right and center in this particular passage, whether they're formal equivilance or not.

But the real question is, which party is the more likely "judge" ... the one with dietary restrictions, or the one without ? Obviously, the answer is in verse 21.

+Shamasha
I agree. But then context would be required to clarify the issue further, because we read in verse 22 that it is speaking of commandments and teachings not of God, but of men.

Further in this passage however, quoting the Greek in a literal sense, many are trying to interpret this verse as Roth says and then pointing to verse 17, say that judgment should come from the "Body of Messiah" (which would even still hold true if false teaching was coming from the unbelieving Jewish and not the pagan side). As far as I understand the Aramaic text though, does it not say that the "body is of Messiah"? (which Greek translations assume but don't have the literal text support)

Messages In This Thread
Re: "Let no (pagan) therefore judge you..." - by Luc Lefebvre - 05-23-2012, 03:57 PM