Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Let no (pagan) therefore judge you..."
Paul Younan Wrote:
ScorpioSniper2 Wrote:Paul,

Will you complete your translation of the Peshitta and publish it? I'd love to see an Interlinear like this. I might get David Bauscher's but I don't like the format.

Hi Sniper,

Yes, most likely this work will be the basis for the official translation being planned by the Church of the East. I've no details yet on the format or what it will ultimately look like, but I would like to keep an interlinear style at least on the side.

The good news is, this will no longer be "my" translation, but a more proper collaboration by several scholars.

+Shamasha

Shlama Akhi Paul:
This is what we've been waiting for, a peer reviewed Pashitta New Testament, sanctioned by the Holy Apostolic Catholic Assyrian Church of the East. I remember when you started your interlinear text and I remember when you stopped at Acts 16. Many have tried to follow in your footsteps and have fallen short of a peer reviewed text. It's fitting that the Peshitta New Testament translated from Aramaic into English in the Estrangelo text should be made available to all. I pray that this work will come to fruition so that we can all share the same text here in Peshitta.org. as well as add it to Dukhrana.com ifit is permitted. I know that Lars would certainly be very excited about the whole endeavour. May it come to pass in the time of Alaha.

Shlama,
Stephen

Messages In This Thread
Re: "Let no (pagan) therefore judge you..." - by Stephen Silver - 05-24-2012, 04:53 AM