Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many original translators were there, approx
Stephen,

Hey, tks for the reply. You raise some very good points and asked alot of questions. I can not answer them all right now. But the ORIGINAL letters were not written in one place at one time, (say a library), polished, bound together, and then sent by a courier (if you will) to be presented to the church at Babylon. The letter(s) of Corinth were ORIGINALLY penned to those at Corinth: addressed to a certain audience, at a certain time, in a certain context, in a certain backround or CULTURE, to meet a certain goal. the New Testament, (I am almost sure you would agree with me here) was not given to us like, say, the Quran was given to Mohammad's followers which was (you could say) given to one person, bound together (and "packaged" together) and given to Muslims in one "setting" so to speak. There is a culture or historical backround to the New Testament letters. More later, God willing. I will stop here for now.

Tks for the input, Stephen.

Kindly,

Mike Karoules

Messages In This Thread
Re: How many original translators were there, approx - by Mike Kar - 02-21-2012, 09:02 PM