Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity
Thirdwoe Wrote:When tradition goes against what is taught by Christ and His Apostles in Holy Scripture....then there is a problem. This is why we have had some of the divisions we have had, and continue to have. Men want to hold onto their traditions more than the truth found in God's Word...they are even willing to murder their brothers and sisters over it.

Baptist church?

I think you need to reread my previous posts in the light of what you said. I wasn't talking about customs or practices pertaining to individual churches which I do not deny. Why should I? It is part of their culture. But what I mean is that the apostles intentionally shotened the gospels in order not to blow them out of proportion. Because what's left they communicated personally unto their flock so they would not take gospel out of this context. He taught His discpiles for 3 years some 12 hours every day and when you open, say, a preaching of Mattai, do you really think this is it?! I mean, is this IT? You got to be kidding me. But in fact the only time in the New Testament when the Word of God personally wrote something was this:

3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. (Yukhonon 8)

to make evident that the names of the scribes and pharisees who have brought this woman unto Him were written on the ground unlike those of His aposles which are written in heaven:

20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven. (Luqas 10)

God's Word is not only what was written but also what was said.

15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle. (Thessalonians 2)

1) (spoken) word
2) epistle

Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. (Yukhonon 20:30-31)

Do his last words indicate that what he's written is enough? I doubt. More over he's addressing it to those to whom he already preached Mshika so he wanted to impart to them something new as touching His Divinity because Satana had already sown tares and the heresies already sprang up by that time teaching Mshika was not God. Yukhonon could not afford endangering his sheep.

So it's clear as day:
1) some things were not written
2) the source of those unwritten things was the same Word of God, Himself
3) they were SO MANY
4) so apparently you've been missing out.

He goes like: "Guys, the story that I laid out here for you all will lead you believe in Yeshua but beware it is far from being complete".

12 Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full. (2nd Yukhonon)

Yukhonon would rather speak face to face.

35 I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Now, having studied 4 Gospels do you remember Mshika saying this? I don't.

in the very epistle that apostle Paulos writes to Timotheus, (chapter 3) he says:

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

good. in the very same chapter he mentions the story that you won't find in the Bible:

8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

the names of these Pharaoh's magicians were part of jewish oral Tradition:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/8513-jannes-and-jambres">http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/artic ... nd-jambres</a><!-- m -->

(Remember Paul was conversant in the Tradition as a pharisee.)

The same applies to the Epistle of Jude:

9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

the story belongs to the book of the Assumption of Moses, as well as this:

14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

is from the book of Enoch.

Even if all this came by revelation of the Holy Ghost this would assert that even jewish Tradition (not commandments of men) is not to be neglected.

Arkady. Russia.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 06:42 AM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-17-2012, 09:47 AM