Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity
Thirdwoe Wrote:Yes Allan, that is what the Creed states...and I ponder the Statement made here, when Jesus said "if i don't go away, the Advocate will not come to you, but if I go, I will send Him to you." John 16:7 Also this verse in the same book says that The Father will send Him. John 14:26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

We see there that it is the Father who sends The Holy Spirit/The Spirit of Truth/The Spirit of Jesus, in the Name of His Son. And here, Jesus says that He asks The Father to send His Holy Spirit...John 14:16 "And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to be with you forever..." Physically Jesus was leaving them, but His Spirit, The Spirit of Truth, would be sent by The Father in Christ's Name...I believe that The Holy Spirit IS the Spirit of Jesus and His Father, they being ONE SPIRIT.

Notice these two verses below.

Jesus answered him, ?If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and WE will come to him and make our home with him.

Romans 8:9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

You see that? The Holy Spirit IS the Spirit of God, The Father, AND The Spirit of Christ, His Son...They being ONE Spirit...and They dwell IN us, in and by Their Holy Spirit, who dwells within us. There is no female or male deity, in a human sense, but it is ONLY GOD, who IS SPIRIT, who dwells within HIS Temple/People.

Blessings,
Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Be careful not to use scripture to advocate for your own thoughts, this is what Protestants do and we see the mess because of it.

I am not saying the Holy Spirit is separate from Christ, but it is from the Father from which the spirit proceeds and when Jesus states that He will send the Spirit He is reiterating that He is equal with the Father (Jesus continually speaks of being equal with the Father in the gospel of John). Remember that the Son is one Qnuma of the trinity, and He is preserved in His Kyanah (nature) so although God is one, He is also a trinity,
three Qnume, one will and one in essence.

The terms 'proceed' and 'sent or send' imply different meanings, although Christ sends the Spirit the Spirit Himself proceeds from the Father and that is what the Nicean creed stipulates and that is what the ACOE affirms.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Alan G77 - 01-04-2012, 03:28 AM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 06:42 AM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-20-2012, 07:55 AM