Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity
Thirdwoe Wrote:Brother Stephen,

I think that it may be misleading to people, when they come here and see two main sections of the Forum...one that says "Peshitta Primacy", with the added statement saying ?Discussions on the primacy of the Aramaic language and Peshitta New Testament.? And the other forum which says "General"...with the added statement saying there, saying "Anything - almost?...which would lead a person to think that almost anything can be discussed on the General part of the forum, though the same rule about theological discussions apply to both sections.

Perhaps it would be good to add these words to the General Forum title..."Almost anything, except Theological discussions". It might curb the habit?.And we all have weighed in on these discussions from time to time as you know, you included, so we know how easy it is to go there.

Shlama,
Chuck

Shlama Akhi Chuck:
I understand completely. We all know how tantalizing it is to discuss theology. So, I allow it with some latitude, but only after a topic has been established. Many times a scholarly discussion has been sidelined because of the entanglement that always follows theological arguments. So let's not get the cart before the horse.
Moreover, it is very important to look for common theological ground and to be very gracious one to another. Having said this the scholarly topic must always have priority over any theological differences. We want to glorify Christ and edify each other. Moreover we want to leave a legacy here whereby others will be edified in the future as they read the discussions and meditate upon them.

Shlama,
Stephen Silver
Forum Moderator
I think it would be helpful to open place for theological discussions
( although I am not theological person...lol)
maybe some people will find truth since truth prevails always.
IPOstapyuk Wrote:I think it would be helpful to open place for theological discussions
( although I am not theological person...lol)
maybe some people will find truth since truth prevails always.

Shlama Akhi Ivan:
Please read the forum rules thoroughly and try to understand why we don't have discussions about theology. We have more than 900 members, several of which are just itching to do just that. With so much division in the Church can you imagine the havoc that would ensue?
Instead of a scholarly forum, we would become indistinguishable from the hundreds of theological forums on the internet. Members would join just to air their theological views. No, if you or any other members want to argue theology then feel free to join any one of the mad-houses that relish in such ungodly banter. Peshitta.org is a scholarly forum and will remain so as long as I have any say in the matter. I'm definitely not alone in my opinion on this.

Shlama,
Stephen
Quote:feel free to join any one of the mad-houses that relish in such ungodly banter.
Right. Absolutely right...and i do not want to join these houses.
IPOstapyuk Wrote:
Quote:feel free to join any one of the mad-houses that relish in such ungodly banter.
Right. Absolutely right...and i do not want to join these houses.

Shlama Akhi Ivan:
Precisely, and we don't want to become one either and that's the reason we do things the way we do. That way it won't happen here. I hope this is helpful to you and others.

Shlama,
Stephen