Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The letter from Shlichim and Elders (Acts 15:23)
Alan G77 Wrote:I too have heard of people breaking out into ecstatic ramblings but I do not believe this is from God. The tongues being spoken of in the epistles of Paul must refer to known languages, even though the speaker could not understand what they themselves were saying.

If there existed a spiritual language, why wasn't this language made known to the prophets of old? The angels only communicated in coherent languages themselves so this suggests to me that if there is a spiritual language that is spoken in the angelic realms, we are yet to hear it.

In saying this, the language did not have to be learned by the speaker prior to receiving the gift, the Holy Spirit was the one doing the speaking, not the person. The gift of 'languages' could also mean, as some have alluded to, that people had a gift of learning these languages quite quickly.

It is also possible that people would speak in a confused tongue, but I do not see any beneficial purpose for God employing this methodology.

Shlama akhi,

also good points. thanks for sharing.

something else i consider significant is that Messiah told us how to pray, and it involved words we would "know." so if there is a promotion of a "better" or "deeper" "prayer language," that should set off red flags for us who try to be students of Messiah.

Chayim b'Moshiach,
Jeremy

Messages In This Thread
Re: The letter from Shlichim and Elders (Acts 15:23) - by Burning one - 01-05-2012, 02:35 AM