Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Victor Alexanders website
Victor Alexanders Aramaic translations site has went to support only.
One must become a supporter in order to even see his translations now.
That disappointing.

I was still trying to determine a few things about his translations and specially the accuracy.
It's seems he is too interested in money even though a good translation would be worthy of support.
He don't have time to answer a question and if he is translating the entire Tanahk alone he may not ever finish.

the differences in his word usage versus the words in common Hebrew/Greek dictionaries still puzzle me somewhat.
One mans biases could cause inaccurate translations, yes?

Shlama w'burkate
Well, I certainly saw a bias when he translated "qnoma" as Trinity in the first chapter of Hebrews.
CreationTruth Wrote:Victor Alexanders Aramaic translations site has went to support only.
One must become a supporter in order to even see his translations now.
That disappointing.

One might say "do not muzzle the ox while he is threshing".
I can't imagine the price is too onerous.
The guy does from what I remember run a business too, and has in the past provided a lot of his work for no charge and the last time I looked it only cost $5 to get access to everything (though that may have changed).

Quote:the differences in his word usage versus the words in common Hebrew/Greek dictionaries still puzzle me somewhat.
One mans biases could cause inaccurate translations, yes?

Shlama w'burkate

One great thing about Victors work is that he tries to see where there are idiomatic phrases. If we just look at a 2000 book or letter with no understanding of the idioms of the day then we wont get the meaning at times.
So I'm sure there are some shortfalls in his work but there is alot of value too.