Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doctrines of the Assyrian church of the East/acoe
Hello,

My name is Mike Karoules. I am middle aged male(just a shade above) and live in the SouthEast United States. I am follower of Christ or Yeshua and serious Bible student, I believe. Just some basic questions on the Acoe:

(1) Is the Acoe an exclusive or mutually exclusive group?? What I mean does the Acoe believe that ONLY members within the Acoe will receive salvation?? But my guess is that there are some pursuasions WITHIN the Acoe that say so or some that claim only those in the Assyrian church of East does one have salvation in Christ.

(2) I have heard on Christion news lately that there is an overwhelming number of Iraqi Christions that are leaving or fleeing Iraq. Do the bulk of those who are fleeing make up the members within the Acoe?? Or do the bulk of those who believe and follow Yeshua in Iraq mainly members in the Acoe??

(3) Does the Acoe believe that it is absolutely necessary to go through the watery grave of baptism to have sins forgiven and be saved?? Kind of like what you would call baptismal remission[i]?? Are sins (at first) only washed through the waters of baptism according to the Acoe??

Thank you for your time and participation in these matters.

Kindly,

Mike Karoules
[/i]