Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trimm's so-called "Khad Semiticism"
Shlama Akhay,

You know, this cockamamy theory that Trimm hatched out of the dumb egg he was sitting on, his so-called "Khad" Semiticism, is really bugging me.

So I'm going to show you some examples you might want to take back to him and inquire about.

Let's start off with the assumption that this theory of his is true, that "Khad" really is a Semiticism, OK?

OK! Can he explain why the Peshitta preserved this supposed "Khad" Semiticism in Mattai 8:2, while the so-called "Old Syriac" does not?

You see, the Peshitta reads "a certain leper", while Old Scratch reads like the Greek versions do.... "a leper"

[Image: mattai82.jpg]

The problem is that Trimm hangs out in areas where nobody can challenge him, so to the unlearned he seems like he knows what he's talking about.

That couldn't be further from the truth. There is no such thing as a "Khad" Semiticism....the scary part is that I think he even starts to believe this stuff, himself.
+Shamasha Paul bar-Shimun de'Beth-Younan
[Image: sig.jpg]
Hi Paul,

What is this, and tell me how I can get myself one, thanks.

[Image: mattai82.jpg]
Hi Jeremy,

This is the Comparative Edition of the Syriac Gospels (4 volume set) by Dr. George Kiraz. You can pick up a copy of the entire set here:

http://www.gorgiaspress.com/Merchant2/me...Series-JSC
+Shamasha Paul bar-Shimun de'Beth-Younan
[Image: sig.jpg]