Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Thus says the LORD" in the Apocrypha
If the Apocrypha isnt inspired scripture and simply the works of man, why would somebody be so foolish as to plaigerize (sp) YHWH's words?

The other day I checked out the Jerusalem Bible, a Roman Catholic Bible, which I didnt even know to be. But the translation, although not the most literal, seemed very genuine-not covering up YHWH with the LORD, not hiding Azazel's identity with "scapegoat" in Leviticus, and other such things. It also had the Apocrypha, which before reading I thought were mere history books-but theres actual supposed quotations from the LORD God, and I remembered John's warning about taking away from the word of God resulting in one's dismissal of eternal life.

Why is it sometimes so hard to tell an authentic book from a fake one, and why are there so many fakes? Even the New Testament is loaded with books like "The Revelation of St. Paul" Gosepls of Judas,Thomas, and the Hebrews and other such things. "Because the early church fathers only had these books" explanation doesnt seem like the most neutral decision, as theres a lot of stuff the early church fathers were wrong about.

Anybody here who believes the 66 books are only endemic to us and our culture, and is putting a restriction on God's word?

I already spoke about Enoch, which, being rejected by most, I think makes a great case for a missing biblical book.

Messages In This Thread
"Thus says the LORD" in the Apocrypha - by rungold315 - 05-04-2011, 04:45 PM