Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East/Oriental Church Fathers
Hello Paul,
Here is the information. This is from John Gwynn's book about Crawford Revelation.

"Of the fourth century.?In the fourth century, however, we find it distinctly cited, and ascribed to St. John, by the greatest of Syriac divines,
Ephraim, in one of his Sermones Exegetici, as follows :?

"In his Revelation, John saw a book great and wonderful, which was written by God, and there were on it seven seals. There was none that
was able to read it in earth nor in heaven save the Son of God alone who Himself wrote it and sealed it."

Here is the powerpoint presentation of this information from John Gwynn's book. Here is the link to download.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DLY7BQ07">http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DLY7BQ07</a><!-- m -->

After around 50 seconds, the "Regular download" link will appear.

At least, we know that Ephraem knew about the book of Revelation. Paul, Here are some major reasons why I pay lots of attention to Revelation.

Matthew 16:28 (From Your Interlinear Translation) - "Truly I say to you, that there are men who are standing here who will not taste death, until they see the Son of man come in his kingdom."

Marqus 9:1 (Your Interlinear Translation) - "And he would say to them, Truly I say to you, that there are some who are standing here, who will not taste of death, until they see the Kingdom of God, which has come in power."

Matthew 24:1-2 "And Yeshua went out of the temple to depart; and his disciples drew near, [and] were showing him the construction of the temple. But he said to them, Behold, do you not see all these things? Truly I say to you, that not one stone will be spared here upon [another] stone, that will not be torn down."

Matthew 24:29-30 "And immediately after the suffering of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not shine its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of heaven will be shaken. And then will be seen the sign of the Son of man in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and will see the Son of Man, who comes upon the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory."

As you know, Book of James and Book of 1st Peter mentions about the coming of the Lord. And William Norton says that Jesus came in power, though not in person, in the destruction of the Jewish nation and worship.

John 21:23 (etheridge) - "And that word went forth among the brethren, that that disciple dieth not. But Jeshu did not say, He dieth not, but, If I will that this (man) wait until
I come, what (is that) to thee ?" So I think John is not one of the men who will not taste death, until he see the Son of man come in his kingdom.

Now Paul, I have an off-topic question. Isn't it possible that Revelation didn't reach Eastern Aramaic regions because of Nero's severe attacks on Christians? In Harklean and Crawford Revelation, we see that St. John was banished by Nero Caesar to Patmos. So his attacks already began. We know that Nero was trying to destroy Christians. So St. Peter and St. Paul may have been in prison.

Messages In This Thread
East/Oriental Church Fathers - by g_a_kowalski - 04-21-2011, 09:42 AM
Re: East/Oriental Church Fathers - by Paul Younan - 04-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Re: East/Oriental Church Fathers - by berekaloho - 04-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Re: East/Oriental Church Fathers - by konway87 - 04-24-2011, 04:33 AM
Re: East/Oriental Church Fathers - by Paul Younan - 04-27-2011, 06:19 PM
Re: East/Oriental Church Fathers - by konway87 - 05-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Re: East/Oriental Church Fathers - by Paul Younan - 05-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Re: East/Oriental Church Fathers - by konway87 - 05-07-2011, 04:45 AM
Re: East/Oriental Church Fathers - by Paul Younan - 05-07-2011, 05:57 AM
Re: East/Oriental Church Fathers - by konway87 - 05-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Re: East/Oriental Church Fathers - by konway87 - 05-08-2011, 03:50 AM