Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zorba's mss
Does anyone know of a website or somesuch that shows which Greek mss were used for these Bible versions and others?

NIV, NASB, MSG, AMP, NLT, KJV, ESV, CEV, NKJV, KJ21, ASV, WE, YLT, DARBY, WYC, NIV-UK and ISV

Thanks,

Chris
And does anyone have any info on which is the best Peshitta mss? And how old it is etc? Is this the one Akhan Paul uses for his translation? The one Lamsa used?
From what Paul said, the whole of the Peshitta manuscripts agreed amongst themselves (least for the new testament), for the most part. With that in mind, George Kiraz had put together an amazing 4 volume work on the different forms that came down through to us over the years. If you do a search under his name it will bring up the work of his.
Examples of Majority/Byzantine/Received text Bibles: KJV, NKJV and and KJ21 MKJV (arguably), Tyndale, Geneva, Coverdale, Bishop's, ALT (Analytical-translation of NT), NGSB,Literal translation by J.P. Green, Young's Literal translation, Webster

Examples of Alexandrian text Bibles: ASV, NASB, RSV, NRSV, NEB, NIV, CEV, ERV, SRB, DAKE, REB, GNB, NAB, JWV,

Jokes: Douay-Rheims (Catholic English from Latin from Greek from Aramaic).

Find out: Darby, ISV, Weymouth ??? Micture of Maj and Min, eclectic, choosing from various sources???
Dave Wrote:From what Paul said, the whole of the Peshitta manuscripts agreed amongst themselves (least for the new testament), for the most part. With that in mind, George Kiraz had put together an amazing 4 volume work on the different forms that came down through to us over the years. If you do a search under his name it will bring up the work of his.

I highly recommend Dr. Kiraz's volume. He gave me a signed copy after presenting eBethArk?? with him at the Syriac Symposium in Princeton this year, and I'm using it on a regular basis. It's an excellent resource to have the Western Peshitta, both MSS of the Old Syriac, and the Harqlean at your fingertips.

(BTW, I know that this is slightly unrelated, but eBethArke coming out of Beta soon, and we're going to be opening it to the public!)

Shlomo,
-Steve-o
September 9, 2003

I have the United Bible Societies' Fourth Corrected Edition of the Greek New Testament (1993). The committee members are listed as Kurt Aland, Matthew Black, Carlo M. Martini, Bruce M. Metzger, and Allen Wikgren. Is this "Alexandrian" or "Byzantine" or neither?

They say it represents today's best scholarship as to the closest we have to the true Greek New Testament. Didn't they consider all available manuscripts?

Comments please....

Thanks,

Otto
Sorry for the delay Akhi, I think it is Alexandrian but I can't find that site anymore...

But Aland sounds familiar, as in "Nestle-Aland" an Alexandrian, Zorban mss.

Regards,

Chris