Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COE Liturgy
Shlama lukhon,

I have been looking at the Liturgy of the Church of the East and have noticed what I consider to be rather remarkable portions that I believe can be attributed directly to the apostles or at least to direct Jewish influence and/or authorship.

Check out this little gem said by the priest at the Church of the East on a typical Sunday:

"You are blessed, O Lord God of our fathers"

Here is the Aramaic: [font=Estrangelo (V1.1)]Nthb0d 0hl0 0yrm tn0 Krbm[/font]

This sounds very similar to the beginning of any typical Jewish prayer which starts "Blessed are you, Lord our God ???" or transliterated into Hebrew: Barukh atta adonia eloheynu ???

-Dean
Dean Dana Wrote:Shlama lukhon,

I have been looking at the Liturgy of the Church of the East and have noticed what I consider to be rather remarkable portions that I believe can be attributed directly to the apostles or at least to direct Jewish influence and/or authorship.

Check out this little gem said by the priest at the Church of the East on a typical Sunday:

"You are blessed, O Lord God of our fathers"

Here is the Aramaic: [font=Estrangelo (V1.1)]Nthb0d 0hl0 0yrm tn0 Krbm[/font]

This sounds very similar to the beginning of any typical Jewish prayer which starts "Blessed are you, Lord our God ???" or transliterated into Hebrew: Barukh atta adonia eloheynu ???

-Dean

How about this one:

[font=Estrangelo (V1.1)]Mhrb0d hhl0 <twl[/font]
[font=Estrangelo (V1.1)]0xb4m 0klm Ly0rsy0dw Qxsy0dw[/font]

l'wa-thakh Ala-heh d'Awraham
w'd'Is-khaq w'd'Is-ra-el
Mal-ka Mshab-kha

To You, the God of Abraham
and of Isaac and of Israel
Glorious King!
+Shamasha Paul bar-Shimun de'Beth-Younan
[Image: sig.jpg]
Yeah Akh .... that's a biggie.

How bout this one:

"May our prayer and petition please you, our Lord and our God, and the fragrance of our pleasant censer be for your satisfaction, as the censer of Aaron the priest within the tabernacle"

-Dean