Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Come, let us reason of Enoch of old
sean Wrote:About genesis 18, where the three men appear to abraham. In verse 1 it saids 'and the lord revealed himself to him(abraham).Many people believe the three men was actually the Lord God revealing himself to abraham, not three angels, so it depends which interpretation you believe in.
i always wonder on how people can get so worked up on that passage, when it very clearly states it was God and two angels. it's the only thing that makes sense.

Quote:I have an idea on how to establish a canon, it is to look at the Books recognized by the Church of Jerusalem for the Old Testament (this would be the recognized 22 book Jewish canon used by the Assyrian Church of the East which was under Queen Helena of Adiabene at the time). The books used in the west like Judith and the books of maccabees were only canonized in the Western Church in the middle ages as a reaction to the schism of protestantism which was throwing out books (ie: Luther wanting the Book of James out). The Ethiopians differ in everything from everyone else in both their NT and OT canon, and since there is safety in counsel from many as Proverbs say, I will stick to the counsel of the entire Apostolic Church which does not consider Enoch canonical.
Rafa, (i am a little confused, are we talking about the old or the new testament?) Interesting approach, but what makes this more valid than any other approach? Did God define how we are to define a canon? Why can't there be any more books be added (Also, keep in mind, Luther wanted to throw out jude and james, but he did not!)? Also, your idea of the counsel of many opposes me. After all, that'd mean we all have to become catholic, muslim or atheist, as these are the largest groups of people in general agreement on this planet. To stay with Solomon,

Ecc 7:28 Which yet my soul seeketh, but I find not: one man among a thousand have I found; but a woman among all those have I not found.
One man among a thousand being wise. Not hundreds. Not the majority.

And, how i would love to quote it, but i can't find it, Jesus also mentionned something in the nature of, just because there is a big majority for somethig doesn't make it right.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Come, let us reason of Enoch of old - by sean - 03-21-2011, 05:44 AM
Re: Come, let us reason of Enoch of old - by dr p - 03-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Re: Come, let us reason of Enoch of old - by sean - 03-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Re: Come, let us reason of Enoch of old - by Andrej - 03-22-2011, 11:29 PM
Re: Come, let us reason of Enoch of old - by sean - 03-28-2011, 03:03 AM